What Not To Miss On The Edge!!

vtcruising

On another thread, johnnyt gave an excellent list of things not to miss on the Edge. Since I am going back in a couple of weeks, I don't want to miss anything. I will start with a few of my "Not To Miss" list and hopefully we will hear from others who have been onboard so that I (and other who are booked on the Edge) don't miss out on anything.

1) The group The Reckless Charms are onboard now and are an amazing group of performers (sing James Taylor to Adele and in between - many eras covered). We especially enjoyed hearing them at the Roof Top Garden - (and yes, they do serve drinks there).

image.thumb.png.06c58fc7ff0360aee4870153bc481460.png

image.png.69da9b2c6f733f07e102d498d1f9a029.png

2) The Treetop Singer at the Roof Top Garden.  Michael Reddon, the singer/guitarist - he did 70's on up to current mellow music when we watched him there (actually in the lower half of the tree, not at the top).

image.png.c3bd36cea74314500ccadaf089cb120f.png

3) Be sure to visit the upper decks at night. It is quite lovely up there. Also, the huge pool was great for laps!

image.png.7bf4cc93788fcfd6cbb05be61b90196f.png

image.thumb.png.ace416c25489379fd850327cb55f287d.png

image.thumb.png.89cabc6598afb17bff38516f14fc55a4.png

4) Belly up to the Eden Bar and have some fun - the bartenders are friendly and the drinks interesting (can have regular drinks too). I did this during the afternoon - likely a different experience later in the evening.

image.thumb.png.4feecef1a9b8507b951da271eca00ffc.png

5) Find a comfortable nook in Eden to take your drink and curl up, read and enjoy the view.

Inside:

image.thumb.png.f18d7c4e19c2d6df36d0a8bfb5963f30.png

Outside:

image.thumb.png.ac7673c228c6ae7571cb513d8d416252.png

6) Enjoy the bone-in filet mignon at the Fine Cut Steakhouse (delicious!):

image.thumb.png.b28006e0bbe6dada1a79dc71d81bbf2a.png

And don't forget the sauces and sides

image.thumb.png.bb7d2b772b283902ec757ae93e23a1dd.png

7) If you are in AQ or you want to spring for a day pass for the Thermal Suites, the heated tile loungers are so relaxing (as well as the 7 other areas of the Thermal Suites):

image.thumb.png.ebdde221ab11fef3e728ae29b031e74f.png

8 ) Free lunch at Eden - a nice alternative to the buffet - you can take the food outside, if you wish,  as there is outside seating port and starboard. We actually did miss this, but will be trying it out soon - I have only heard good things about the food here so far.

image.thumb.png.bda909b380507d30893c6ee97d79ede2.png

9) Enjoy the interesting art throughout the ship - some things you will like, others maybe not, but it makes you stop and think.

Be sure to find the hidden  items in this picture:

image.thumb.png.bf83919742c7fd53cfbeeb0e4b877611.png

The Haunted Forest, as it was dubbed, when first was revealed:

image.thumb.png.71200c74f488a2bf804e253ebc8d1455.png

Sunset Bar - lively place at Sail Aways:

image.png.c6c532a764c6e7e59fffef82d3c009e1.png

The Faceless People - a lot of people like to get a picture with an arm around one (these are nick-named George, Steve and Elizabeth by the shop personnel nearby):

image.thumb.png.a70ac698804fe72309090c0eb7ebd03a.png

Mr. Edge - a rock star by the Roof Top Garden

image.thumb.png.6985c66e4956ba08295716d1b34c6733.png

Blu ceiling:

image.thumb.png.7280675e1863fe5b0f06a8d25bce8735.png

Normandie Restaurant:

image.thumb.png.375b7004d3eb7eb214bb22897e5eb120.png

10) Go out on the Magic Carpet. It is a lovely place to sit and gaze at the ocean and have a drink when the bar is open.

image.thumb.png.409a9701ecd83bae82274ae5bdcd1a66.png

Hope to hear about other things not to miss on the Edge!

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Thank you so much - these photos are amazing. There has been a lot of negativity around the balconies and Eden (am guilty of both) so it is so refreshing for a thread to remind of some of the other amazing parts of the ship.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, hcat said:

Thanks for the list....and nice photos.

Appreciate your focus on the mellow!

We are counting down..........

Me too! I put the suitcases in the spare bedroom yesterday after the holiday guests left and have started packing.

I'm trying to decide whether to add RTG for dinner one night, but there is plenty of availability right now so I might take a chance and book it onboard after I look at the weather. I looked at the menu again and would like to try it for dinner. If not, will definitely go for lunch some day. 🙂

We just celebrated an anniversary and I purchased a day pass to the Thermal Suites for my DH since he hasn't been (and a massage, if he wishes). He is very excited! They only had port days available, but we aren't getting off in Grand Cayman except to ride the tenders over and back so booked it for that day. It should be less crowded for him on a port day anyway.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, cindygad said:

Thank you for all the tips. I am getting excited for our trip in March. The ship looks amazing!

Hopefully, more people will add "must do's" or I will keep adding - it was hard to keep it at 10. 😉

• Haha 1

Marilyn- thanks for the tips and for fanning the fuel of excitement for our upcoming Edge cruise.  It is hard to find these gems on this board that help me get back to why I booked Edge.  So much negativity lately!  This is refreshing!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, TeeRick said:

Marilyn- thanks for the tips and for fanning the fuel of excitement for our upcoming Edge cruise.  It is hard to find these gems on this board that help me get back to why I booked Edge.  So much negativity lately!  This is refreshing!

Yes, soon you will be adding things to the list!!  I am so ready to get back onboard and enjoy everything she has to offer - there just wasn't enough time last time! 🙂

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, soon you will be adding things to the list!!  I am so ready to get back onboard and enjoy everything she has to offer - there just wasn't enough time last time! 🙂

i am so glad that you can go back, and this time please relax and enjoy...you deserve it!  

Suzy

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

i am so glad that you can go back, and this time please relax and enjoy...you deserve it!  

Suzy

Thanks!!  It's funny because someone on CC was going through reading my live thread yesterday for the Nov-Dec cruises on the Edge and was reacting to my posts. I went back and read through several pages and realized how much fun I had. I came home exhausted, battered and bruised, but so enjoyed my experience! I am giddy about getting back onboard  - driving my DH crazy, but he is looking forward to it too. 🙂

7 hours ago, Nymich said:

Nice photos...….I didn't think you would say we don't want to miss the low prices!   J/k

That's for sure - I am hoping the prices drop soon as we are trying to decide what to book for next year. If we decide to go with Edge/Apex, the prices will need to drop some.

I did get a cruise price alert this morning on a drop in some of the prices on my upcoming cruise, but it was minimal and the cruise is in 16 days. 🙂

VT noticed you recently posted... and I had to tell you... Do you remember the photos of a guy doing something with a chandelier... in Blu as I recall.... he was standing on a white plastic chair and everyone wondered if those were the chairs for blu? Later we tried to figure out where they belonged... Well someone posted a photo on the Edge Apex facebook page showing the Destination Gateway set up for a presentation... and there were the chairs... so they must be used for seating at events hosted there.... had to complete the loop.

7 minutes ago, kearney said:

VT noticed you recently posted... and I had to tell you... Do you remember the photos of a guy doing something with a chandelier... in Blu as I recall.... he was standing on a white plastic chair and everyone wondered if those were the chairs for blu? Later we tried to figure out where they belonged... Well someone posted a photo on the Edge Apex facebook page showing the Destination Gateway set up for a presentation... and there were the chairs... so they must be used for seating at events hosted there.... had to complete the loop.

The other place they could be from is the outside seating in Blu. The link below shows pictures from a cabin above the Blu outside dining. I can't remember what the chairs looked like from that photo, but maybe these match?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/?do=findComment&comment=56448387

Edited by vtcruising

One of the pleasant surprises on Edge were the live groups... I am not talking about Edenists.... which I only saw once outside Eden.. but the nice live music in the atrium and other places. I was half expecting nothing but loud taped music in the atrium.... this made the area a nice place to hang out at.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

The other place they could be from is the outside seating in Blu. The link below shows pictures from a cabin above the Blu outside dining. I can't remember what the chairs looked like from that photo, but maybe these match?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2609144-edge-class-cabin-information-compilation-please-do-not-post-cabin-questions-here/?do=findComment&comment=56448387

They are different... now I am confused... but I think the ones the fellow stood on did not have arms... but I would have to go back through 2000 or so posts to find it.....

1 minute ago, kearney said:

They are different... now I am confused... but I think the ones the fellow stood on did not have arms... but I would have to go back through 2000 or so posts to find it.....

Yes, I also decided not to go through all those posts. 🙂

4 minutes ago, kearney said:

One of the pleasant surprises on Edge were the live groups... I am not talking about Edenists.... which I only saw once outside Eden.. but the nice live music in the atrium and other places. I was half expecting nothing but loud taped music in the atrium.... this made the area a nice place to hang out at.

It is one of the things I am looking forward to - looking at someone's posting of the dailies, it looks like there is a lot of live music throughout the afternoon and evening now. Can't wait to relax and enjoy it all! Where did you usually sit in the Grand Plaza? We probably wouldn't sit near the bar.

vtcruising  since you are going again this month, may I ask a favor??  Or maybe you already know the answer to these questions.  Does Magic Carpet do dinner other than the Dinner on the Edge which is done only a couple times per cruise?  And is the menu mostly seafood?  I've seen what looks to be the lunch menu for MC and there's not much non-seafood items.  I'm traveling in April with a group of 15.  One is celebrating her 50th bday and wanted to have the whole group do dinner on MC.  But she and several others don't like seafood.  I'm reading reviews to gather info.

Thanks!!

Marilyn, I envy you, getting ready to return to the Edge! We will have our turn in April and I am really looking forward to it as one week was not enough, the time just flew by!

I hope  you have a relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable journey this time. ❤️