Favorite cruise drinks

BigProc

I enjoy a Kentucky Mule. It is a variation of the Moscow Mule. It uses Bourbon, Ginger ale and a slice of orange. A while back I created a list of beverages for the NCL Escape Meet & Greet I hosted. That list is still available. Yes the list is a couple of years old, but I think the beverages are still available. Here is the link to the PDF. 

http://www.grantmkt.net/escape/NCL_UBP_FAV_DRINKS.pdf 

• Like 2

On 1/3/2019 at 8:13 AM, Trimone said:

Used to be the Fosters oil can, haven’t seen it for sometime...

On 1/3/2019 at 9:51 PM, BigProc said:

It's been 11 or 12 years since my last cruise, and those were always my go-to. Are they not around anymore? 

On 1/6/2019 at 9:31 AM, BigProc said:

Anybody know if they discontinued the Fosters oil can? I was actually kind of looking forward to them.

Never saw it on my 3 Escape cruises in 2016 and 2017.  But it is available for 6.75 on every ship in the Carnival fleet.

• Like 1

Just got bback from the Pearl 2 days ago, and neither the Tomas nor the Cherry Limeades were available.

Additional notes:

The Aviation tastes like shampoo, but the rest of the drinks on the menu at the martini bar are solid! 

I tried a negroni as 2019 is the 100 year anniversary of its creation, and I gotta say it was the worst drink I've had in my life! It tasted like furniture polish. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:15 PM, CardFanDubG said:

I enjoy a Kentucky Mule. It is a variation of the Moscow Mule. It uses Bourbon, Ginger ale and a slice of orange. A while back I created a list of beverages for the NCL Escape Meet & Greet I hosted. That list is still available. Yes the list is a couple of years old, but I think the beverages are still available. Here is the link to the PDF. 

I was looking for recipes for some of the drinks listed here too.  I found the following NCL web page with recipes for quite a few popular NCL drinks.  Check it out!  http://nclrecipes.com/frontend/recipe/recipe_list

On 1/20/2019 at 9:33 AM, rueben said:

I was looking for recipes for some of the drinks listed here too.  I found the following NCL web page with recipes for quite a few popular NCL drinks.  Check it out!  http://nclrecipes.com/frontend/recipe/recipe_list

Thanks to rueben sharing the NCL recipe site, I made a new version of the NCL Beverage Report. This is a PDF that I download to my phone and use it while on the ship. Makes it convenient if I need to show the bartender what I am ordering. Here is the LINK 

http://www.grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2019 at 10:15 PM, CardFanDubG said:

Awesome - Thank you - I printed it and sharing with all my family

1 hour ago, CardFanDubG said:

Thanks to rueben sharing the NCL recipe site, I made a new version of the NCL Beverage Report. This is a PDF that I download to my phone and use it while on the ship. Makes it convenient if I need to show the bartender what I am ordering. Here is the LINK 

http://www.grantmkt.net/ncl/NCL_Beverage_List.pdf 

Cool.  I've added this to my phone!  Should come in handy on our Epic cruise in Feb.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2019 at 1:06 AM, maja651 said:

We have reusable straws we purchased on Amazon.  The metal ones are awesome because they keep the drink cold when drinking good through them. I’d recommend you give them a try!

My husband and I bought some metal straws that fold up into a case the size of a Zippo. They also come with a little squeegee in there for cleaning. Very handy! I keep mine on my key chain. Planning to bring them on our cruise for sure. The brand is Final Straw but they're expensive, and there are cheaper knock offs.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, coffeenmorecoffee said:

My husband and I bought some metal straws that fold up into a case the size of a Zippo. They also come with a little squeegee in there for cleaning. Very handy! I keep mine on my key chain. Planning to bring them on our cruise for sure. The brand is Final Straw but they're expensive, and there are cheaper knock offs.

We just got off the Bliss this weekend. We had brought our Final Straws as well. We tried to only use them for frozen drinks and mojitos, because they are kind of a pain to get and keep clean without going back to the stateroom or at least a public bathroom. The ideal situation was to just continually transfer from one drink to the next, but of course that isn't always an option. I am glad we had them, but they were a bit of a hassle at times. The worst was once when my SO had gotten his all clean, was walking out of the bathroom and folding it up to put back in its case, and he accidentally dropped it on the floor and had to clean it all over again!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

We had brought our Final Straws as well.

The worst was once when my SO had gotten his all clean, was walking out of the bathroom and folding it up to put back in its case, and he accidentally dropped it on the floor and had to clean it all over again!

Wow Jamie  --  feeling his pain!!!  Not sure I'd have been brave enough to use it again on the ship, w/out sterilization...

On 1/3/2019 at 7:48 AM, misslyss1220 said:

NCL is taking steps to not destroy the oceans we all love sailing on. There is so much plastic waste in the ocean, and many sea creatures die because of it. I was just in Disney and they now use paper straws, and those worked just fine. You can also buy reusable straws on Amazon.

RCCl uses paper too

• Like 1