“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

1 hour ago, roothy123 said:

Sorry for a quick intrusion, but I was curious if the world cruise goes to Australia and New Zealand, and if so, what months?   Or is it just Regatta that goes there?  I'm afraid I don't have time to read 17 pages to find out the answer, sorry!  

you could just look on O website  for the Itinerary  then

4 hours ago, LHT28 said:

have you noticed any issues on board?

Nothing that I am aware of...

Unrelated, we did do a sudden evasive manoeuvre at around 1937h last night during dinner, that caused a noticeable heel over to one side , and then the other...

as well as strong propeller vibration. Heard this morning from a staff member, that it was to avoid a small boat in our path...

Bob,

years ago our Captain on Regatta had to do the same thing to avoid a sailboat who thought he could cross our path in Athens during sail away. 

We were at dinner and dishes, glasses, and 2 wait staff went flying!  Staff was fine, dishes & glasses had some casualties and the sailboat captain was close enough to port side that we could see his terror! 

saw the Captain later and thanked him....and he said "i was driving!"   Cute reply!

15 minutes ago, cbb said:

Bob,

years ago our Captain on Regatta had to do the same thing to avoid a sailboat who thought he could cross our path in Athens during sail away. 

We were at dinner and dishes, glasses, and 2 wait staff went flying!  Staff was fine, dishes & glasses had some casualties and the sailboat captain was close enough to port side that we could see his terror! 

saw the Captain later and thanked him....and he said "i was driving!"   Cute reply!

Our move was not strong enough to do any damage that I’m aware of....

And not even for an announcement of explanation.

28 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

no horn blast ??

If there was, I didn’t hear it from the Grand Dining Room...there was loud “chattering” going on...

I did see some searchlight beams to starboard...

Edited by bob brown

Today I chartered a fishing yacht (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150791-d3657829-Reviews-Double_Trouble_Sport_Fishing-Manzanillo_Pacific_Coast.html) with one of our ATW cruise mates and this is what I caught. Blue Marlin, 9'3", about 220-250 pounds, took 40 minutes to land. About 8 miles off the coast of Manzanillo. I gave the meat to the captain and mate. I'm having it mounted. 

Thanks for letting me brag. I'm still giggling over it.

20190125_141616.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, aikilee said:

Today I chartered a fishing yacht (https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150791-d3657829-Reviews-Double_Trouble_Sport_Fishing-Manzanillo_Pacific_Coast.html) with one of our ATW cruise mates and this is what I caught. Blue Marlin, 9'3", about 220-250 pounds, took 40 minutes to land. About 8 miles off the coast of Manzanillo. I gave the meat to the captain and mate. I'm having it mounted. 

20190125_141616.jpg

Congratulations, Lee!

What a catch!👍

• Like 1

Thanks for all the great pictures. 

If the roll call is still being updated, please add Gail and Alan Horlick from Atlanta, Georgia. We are on the Dubai to Rome leg.

I am planning a few tours and would like to reach anyone who is interest, but especially the people who may not have made all their plans yet. There appear to be two threads for this cruise- the original one with 68 pages and the "Live from" thread with 18 pages. I see people posting within the last few hours on both threads. Which thread should I post on?

Thanks,

Gail

2 hours ago, aikilee said:

Quite impressive!!

And probably wins the prize for the best souvenir!  :classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, decafnights said:

Thanks for all the great pictures. 

If the roll call is still being updated, please add Gail and Alan Horlick from Atlanta, Georgia. We are on the Dubai to Rome leg.

I am planning a few tours and would like to reach anyone who is interest, but especially the people who may not have made all their plans yet. There appear to be two threads for this cruise- the original one with 68 pages and the "Live from" thread with 18 pages. I see people posting within the last few hours on both threads. Which thread should I post on?

Thanks,

Gail

On other cruises I've taken, roll calls typically end when the cruise begins...but no one else joins the cruise after embarkation.

World cruises, on the other hand, embark new passengers at the beginning of each segment.  The world cruise roll call fulfilled the purpose for pre-cruise conversation, but can also continue to be available for those who have yet to embark (setting up tours, etc).  The "Live From" was started for passengers to report on what they're experiencing during the cruise...also for those not on the cruise to share their thoughts and feelings with passengers.  Both threads serve a current purpose although I would imagine that the roll call will eventually get less activity as the cruise continues.

Feel free to post to whichever suits you.  😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bob brown said:

Nothing that I am aware of...

Unrelated, we did do a sudden evasive manoeuvre at around 1937h last night during dinner, that caused a noticeable heel over to one side , and then the other...

as well as strong propeller vibration. Heard this morning from a staff member, that it was to avoid a small boat in our path...

Crazy!!!  The folks in that small boat are mighty blessed to be here today.  😇

11 minutes ago, Skmar said:

Hi Gail and Alan - we are also board for Dubai to Rome - we have some tours already done but  wld love to hear what else u are looking at and maybe join in

Hi,

Great! I will try to post tomorrow.

What's your name?

Gail

8 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

World cruises, on the other hand, embark new passengers at the beginning of each segment.  The world cruise roll call fulfilled the purpose for pre-cruise conversation, but can also continue to be available for those who have yet to embark (setting up tours, etc).  The "Live From" was started for passengers to report on what they're experiencing during the cruise...also for those not on the cruise to share their thoughts and feelings with passengers.  Both threads serve a current purpose although I would imagine that the roll call will eventually get less activity as the cruise continues.

Feel free to post to whichever suits you.  😉

Thanks so much. This makes perfect sense. I'll continue to follow both thread. I'm really enjoying following the trip.

As I was cleaning the house today, I realized that it was the last time to do that (or cook, or drive) for 6 months! Crazy....I'm going to be so spoiled.

We'll be staying overnight tomorrow night at an airport hotel since our flight to LA leaves at 6:30am Monday morning.  Then we'll be at the Beverly Wilshire hotel  where O is putting us up. So excited to join all of you.  

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 5

On 1/25/2019 at 9:59 PM, decafnights said:

Hi Gail and Alan - we are also board for Dubai to Rome - we have some tours already done but  wld love to hear what else u are looking at and maybe join in

Hi Kaye and Shane,

I am going to separately post about an independent tour of Taormina (Messina) as we have been before and a Jewish tour of northern Israel.  I'm still working on options for Athens and Capri.