“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Here is the link to the Canal cams.  Note that on my computer the "high resolution" cameras for Miraflores & Gatun sometimes populate; the regular resolution camera feeds for those two locks do not have an image at the moment,  and the Centennial Bridge feed has an error message.  Your mileage may vary.

So much fun to travel with y'all 🙂

Edited by babysteps
camera performance varies
  • Like 2

cbb..We read it before our first transit of canal on Marina's inagural cruise  going east to west.  An excellent read and also a great documentary was made around that time. 3 years ago we went through west to east on trip from Buenos Aires to Miami.  It looks a little different going the other direction 🙂

cbb..That's a clever one!  Do you have any experience with a stateroom with an adjoining door to the next door room?  I know there has been discussion about this in the  past, but can't remember if this was  a noise problem.  We've heard noise before in a non-connecting room , but it didn't bother us.

1 hour ago, cbb said:

bob brown

have you read David McCullough's book "Path Between the Seas"??  we rec'd it highly.

We were lucky  to have Mr McCullough  on our cruise through the canal & he did the commentary

it was several years ago  though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, palakika said:

cbb..That's a clever one!  Do you have any experience with a stateroom with an adjoining door to the next door room?  I know there has been discussion about this in the  past, but can't remember if this was  a noise problem.  We've heard noise before in a non-connecting room , but it didn't bother us.

We have been in connecting rooms several times and the amount of noise depends entirely on your neighbors. Often we hear nothing, sometimes we hear the tv if it is on loudly, but it just sounds like a far off radio. Once we had a neighbor who had problems hearing her very loud alarm clock which would go on for minutes. That was probably the most bothersome.

Palakika--they're right....it just depends on your neighbors.  We've had connecting doors a couple of times and heard nothing but most of the time we reserve the same ol' cabin# and it does not connect.

That said, we have known cruisers with NO connecting door and one neighbor had the TV turned way up when in residence.  Because both cabins had their doors open to the balcony, the neighbors could hear the news without turning on their own tv!

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 12:21 AM, bob brown said:

Another great day at sea, capped off with my first dinner at Polo.

My idea of “health food”...

🙂

DB1E32DF-D66E-4C05-A9D0-003F9A8905C9.jpeg

I knew you would like the dining experience.  Enjoying the experience.  I will not be keeping up as regularly as We are off tomorrow for 4 weeks on the Noro Escape.   The horrid Winter storm they were predicted for NYC for tonight into tomorrow looks like rain only.

51 minutes ago, Books4U said:

The horrid Winter storm they were predicted for NYC for tonight into tomorrow looks like rain only.

You got lucky...we're having snowmageddon right now (same storm)! Already have 6" and expecting 2" more with 50mph winds that are drifting it. My windows are rattling like crazy.

4 hours ago, ilsun said:

The A Team

IMG_20190119_201733.jpg

3 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Can you please mention who these gentlemen are? Thx!

3 hours ago, cbb said:

2nd on left is the amazing Chef Mario--the maker of all things delicious

On the right is Damien, the hotel director.

• Like 1

Just now, bob brown said:

Bon Voyage!  Say Hi to Joe and Mary...

🙂

Thank you! Check out Arzeena messages about Noro and Joe.

7 minutes ago, Go-Bucks! said:

You got lucky...we're having snowmageddon right now (same storm)! Already have 6" and expecting 2" more with 50mph winds that are drifting it. My windows are rattling like crazy.

I guess starting Jan 11 may not have been a bad idea.  Looks like NYC is missing the worse of it.  And I will be missing Winter until late February.  Have a great trip.

• Like 1