“LIVE FROM” 2019 Oceania Insignia World Cruise, Jan. 11-July 11

Go-Bucks!

Hello to all you RTW folks--My husband and I and another couple will be joining you for the Rome-London segment.  Seeing your pics and comments are getting me geared up already!.  My husband and I are both retiring 2 June--and this is a fitting retirement gift to ourselves.  4th Oceania cruise, 1st time on Insignia.  Enjoy and see you in June!

• Like 3

Noticed on Currents the fitness center hours of operation, but that they don’t publish any exercise classes.  Do they offer classes?  We will be taking our first Oceania Grand Voyage Cruise in May on Sirena, right after its refurbishment.  Thank you so much for all your photos and information, it’s giving me such anticipation for our upcoming cruise.

• Like 1

Bob and Ilsun, thank you so much for all the great pictures and information.  Ilsun, we were on Insignia in Cuba and they brought back great memories. Bob, we have something in common. I lived in Flushing many years ago. I feel like I am getting to know some of you way before we get on in Dubai.

Since those of you who are already sailing have probably made most or all of your excursion plans, I would like to plan some small group tours. Would it be better to post about them here or on the original thread? If I checked for the first time, I'm not sure I would know to look for this thread.  I want to reach the people who haven't made plans yet. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

I am really enjoying following your journey and I wish you all bon voyage.

Gail

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mimi 48 said:

Noticed on Currents the fitness center hours of operation, but that they don’t publish any exercise classes.  Do they offer classes? 

Yes they offer classes   they are usually on a pull out sheet   guess Bob did not copy those

They have yoga, stretch. morning walk around the deck, pilates  plus

1 hour ago, Mimi 48 said:

Noticed on Currents the fitness center hours of operation, but that they don’t publish any exercise classes.  Do they offer classes?  We will be taking our first Oceania Grand Voyage Cruise in May on Sirena, right after its refurbishment.  Thank you so much for all your photos and information, it’s giving me such anticipation for our upcoming cruise.

Here you go...🙂

FA830C58-6E43-4887-8FEC-EB605342BF30.jpeg

6A5CE57B-7E74-4FE6-A0C3-FBA7125503B6.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Can you please mention who these gentlemen are? Thx!

From L to R - F&B director Roberto Pateno, Executive Chef Mario Santoro, Renald Macouin, Pascal Lesueur (both corporate) & GM Damien Lacroix.

IMG_20190119_201733.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

You got lucky...we're having snowmageddon right now (same storm)! Already have 6" and expecting 2" more with 50mph winds that are drifting it. My windows are rattling like crazy.

Lisa will you be able to make your flight to LA?  I was thinking about you when they were talking about the storm

37 minutes ago, ORV said:

The Red headed guy is the Skinny chef, I don't trust skinny chefs.   I've seen him around Oceania for years. His hair used to be blonde. 

I remember being on a river cruise and the chef told the passengers to never trust a skinny cook.  I must admit the food was delicious that he prepared and he was definitely not skinny 

19 minutes ago, no fuss travel said:

Lisa will you be able to make your flight to LA?  I was thinking about you when they were talking about the storm

Hopefully...the long term weather report has cold but dry weather for us and warm and sunny for LA on 1/28 when we fly out.  In 3 days it's supposed to rain so maybe that will wash away some of this snow.  Right now I'm sitting here trying to muster up enough energy to go out and shovel.  This weather will make me even more happy to join everyone in LA!!  😎

ilsun...Thanks for the lovely pics of Cartagena.  They bring back nice memories of an enjoyable city.  We went to a fort overlooking the city and a museum where they had a cultural show.  Very colorful! Our guide was very good too.

• Like 1

Lisa...Be careful shoveling snow!  You don't want a bad back as you start your wonderful cruise.  Sounds like you have a couple of days before boarding Insignia so that should allow for delays. I really envy you for the wonderful times you are going to have!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, palakika said:

Lisa...Be careful shoveling snow!  You don't want a bad back as you start your wonderful cruise.  Sounds like you have a couple of days before boarding Insignia so that should allow for delays. I really envy you for the wonderful times you are going to have!

I'll be careful, but I'm a hearty farm girl so I'm used to doing lots of chores.  Luckily we're going out 2 days ahead of boarding so that I can do some sightseeing in LA, but it also gives us a buffer zone in case of any weather delays.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GidgetWidget said:

Hi there.  We are on the London to Miami Leg then on to Cuba.  Curious-Is there a charge for Yoga class?  

3 minutes ago, GidgetWidget said:

Hi there.  We are on the London to Miami Leg then on to Cuba.  Curious-Is there a charge for Yoga class?  

No charge for classes.  Only for private lessons....same for dance classes...

on ATW16 our CD, Ray Carr, left the ship in the Canal, took a video photographer with him and both got  into a small boat that sailed along side us and captured lots of cool pix as the Insignia locked through. 

We have pictures of him waving at us, we cheered when we saw them, and they scooted ahead of us & later they rejoined the ship....very cool!!!

• Like 1