Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

9 hours ago, Oville said:

Are these cabins smaller than the old CC and AQ cabins?  Looking at that chair vs sofa it sure seems to be and the shower is quite different from past AQ baths.

Thanks

I got the same feeling that those cabins were a bit smaller than the usual AQ. It will be interesting to see what the dimensions are for those cabins.

I booked Alaska on Millie yesterday. We have always done AQ when not in a suite - decided to take many CC recommendations and book in the aft for best views. I didn't want to chance the 5 aft AQ cabins on deck 11 above the bar (that we have loved) without the canopy for some privacy, though maybe the reviews will be great and we will change our minds.  I ended up booking a C1 aft with a massive balcony, so we will get to enjoy the new MDR.

Will be following reviews of the new deck 10 AQ cabins. Also hope the 5 deck 11 aft AQ remain good options for us on M Class.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pugmadlad said:

Here are your rooms. I seen your message as I was getting back on 

2EF83B7E-08B5-4E4F-899B-E4DF35C438C3.jpeg

Thank you so much for this visual!  this is the best photo thus far of the Deck 10 AQ cabins that have been added.

I understand that you were in 1002, up front - so right near all the action in Cosmos Lounge. 
Was the music heard in your room - or - balcony - or both?

Did you ever meet other residents of the new cabins that were further down near the elevator?
#1024 is beneath the Atrium and #1022 right beside it - both under the public deck above; so just wondering if they heard the music and/or noise from above.   OR noise from  #1018 / #1020 beneath the Gents bathroom.

I know a few more questions while you are on vacation!  OYE!  but we surely do appreciate you taking the time to report back, as these new AQ cabins are drawing attention and you are the first to experience what may be a good thing, or not so good thing.

Any chance of photos of the corridor for the lot?

With sincerest appreciation of the time that you took to share!

Edited by hvbaskey

16 minutes ago, reecesavage said:

I've been scouring the web for pictures of a sky suite still no luck other than the first picture of deck furniture. Anyone else been able to find any pictures? Thanks.

I've been trying to find Sky Suites also,  with no luck......can only find artist renditions.  There's nothing like seeing an actual photo.  I'm resigned to waiting a while longer . 

1 minute ago, pugmadlad said:

No the light can change to many colours from settings 

I wonder how much that brightens a room -- the light from our security panel in our master br is so bright even under the cover that DH put blue painters tape over the bulbs/under the cover so we don't have obnoxious light on that wall illuminating the room. Can't see the tape with the cover on.

If this is bright all night-- putting a wash cloth over it may help but also may affect the thermostat. 

Thats about as bad as motion detecting thermostats in hotel rooms that shut down at night because it doesn't sense someone moving!

1 hour ago, hvbaskey said:

Thank you so much for this visual!  this is the best photo thus far of the Deck 10 AQ cabins that have been added.

I understand that you were in 1002, up front - so right near all the action in Cosmos Lounge. 
Was the music heard in your room - or - balcony - or both?

Did you ever meet other residents of the new cabins that were further down near the elevator?
#1024 is beneath the Atrium and #1022 right beside it - both under the public deck above; so just wondering if they heard the music and/or noise from above.   OR noise from  #1018 / #1020 beneath the Gents bathroom.

I know a few more questions while you are on vacation!  OYE!  but we surely do appreciate you taking the time to report back, as these new AQ cabins are drawing attention and you are the first to experience what may be a good thing, or not so good thing.

Any chance of photos of the corridor for the lot?

With sincerest appreciation of the time that you took to share!

Sure, the noise only appears to be an issue in the cosmos area. Tonight is silent disco so I’m hoping for a night off haha. I just can’t believe how tiny the balconies are. 

60AF6307-2104-421C-9E5E-F7C4BFE3948B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Fogfog said:

I wonder how much that brightens a room -- the light from our security panel in our master br is so bright even under the cover that DH put blue painters tape over the bulbs/under the cover so we don't have obnoxious light on that wall illuminating the room. Can't see the tape with the cover on.

If this is bright all night-- putting a wash cloth over it may help but also may affect the thermostat. 

Thats about as bad as motion detecting thermostats in hotel rooms that shut down at night because it doesn't sense someone moving!

My first night it annoyed me, however after looking in detail there is an option for night time so the light can be reduced and turned off. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pugmadlad said:

My first night it annoyed me, however after looking in detail there is an option for night time so the light can be reduced and turned off. 

Good to know.

I usually end up covering hotel clocks with a towel... that blue light is very bothersome

TY

• Like 1

Just booked a Best of Italy cruise on Connie in Oct 2020. 🤩 The C site indicates she will undergo Revolution in May 2020; HOWEVER, the Future Vacation Manager indicated Connie will not be refurbished until 2021. Anyone know if the schedule on the C site is still accurate?

Celebrity Revolution Schedule

12 minutes ago, Gimpy McFarlan said:

Just booked a Best of Italy cruise on Connie in Oct 2020. 🤩 The C site indicates she will undergo Revolution in May 2020; HOWEVER, the Future Vacation Manager indicated Connie will not be refurbished until 2021. Anyone know if the schedule on the C site is still accurate?

Celebrity Revolution Schedule

I think there are inaccuracies.  Celebrity recently published a fleet guide with comparisons of pre and post comparisons.   Constellation column for the Revolution is missing.  

She was the last ship to have the Solstizaton just in the past couple years.

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, richstowe said:

The blue light of the thermostat seems to be the only color in the AQ decor .

Perhaps they'll change it to taupe . :classic_biggrin:

Blue.thumb.jpeg.6cb7e2afdb771ab794e9dbba9f8ab6c3.jpeg

It is interesting to see the thermostat.   It looks to be very similar to the Edge.    The limited pictures I've seen of the other cabins look like the old ones were kept in place.  Would love to hear from anyone on board?

2 hours ago, pugmadlad said:

Sure, the noise only appears to be an issue in the cosmos area. Tonight is silent disco so I’m hoping for a night off haha. I just can’t believe how tiny the balconies are. 

60AF6307-2104-421C-9E5E-F7C4BFE3948B.jpeg

Thank you for the great pic!  is that a door at the far end? wayyyyy down at the other end? if so, what is on the other side?
and are all 13 AQ cabins before that door at the far end (I tried to count doors - LOL!  but that didn't work)?  Just wondering if all of these cabins are off to the side of the "main road" of the Spa amenities, entranceways, etc.

Really do appreciate the time you are taking to send us these great visuals, while you are vacation!

13 hours ago, Oville said:

Not sure I agree about the bed, we have always felt the “queen bed” on X was closer to a king than a queen or somewhere in between..  What about the takeaway in the shower? 

I recently read on another thread where the bed size was discussed, that the "Queen" bed on X is actually 66 inches, so the "King" would be 10 inches bigger.  That is probably sufficient to reduce the size of the sofa.

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I think there are inaccuracies.  Celebrity recently published a fleet guide with comparisons of pre and post comparisons.   Constellation column for the Revolution is missing.  

She was the last ship to have the Solstizaton just in the past couple years.

12030112_CEL_FleetGuide.pdf

Thank you for providing a link to that fleet guide! The document appears to confirm the May 2020 revolution date for Connie. The Millie was last refurbished in 2016 and then underwent revolution in 2019 (3 years later). If Connie was refurbed in 2017 then she will be right on schedule for revolution in 2020 (3 years later). I suspect column for Connie’s post-revolution statistics will not be added until closer to her refurb date.

3 hours ago, ecslady said:

I recently read on another thread where the bed size was discussed, that the "Queen" bed on X is actually 66 inches, so the "King" would be 10 inches bigger.  That is probably sufficient to reduce the size of the sofa.

That's precisely my point on why they had to reduce the size of the seating to accommodate the larger beds. 

19 hours ago, pugmadlad said:

This is my room and pics I took myself. It is the new aqua class room on deck 10

Thank you for confirming that these are Aqua cabins.  They look beautiful but I had hoped they would have foot stools on the veranda.  Either way we're excited to see the updated Summit. 

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I got the same feeling that those cabins were a bit smaller than the usual AQ. It will be interesting to see what the dimensions are for those cabins.

I booked Alaska on Millie yesterday. We have always done AQ when not in a suite - decided to take many CC recommendations and book in the aft for best views. I didn't want to chance the 5 aft AQ cabins on deck 11 above the bar (that we have loved) without the canopy for some privacy, though maybe the reviews will be great and we will change our minds.  I ended up booking a C1 aft with a massive balcony, so we will get to enjoy the new MDR.

Will be following reviews of the new deck 10 AQ cabins. Also hope the 5 deck 11 aft AQ remain good options for us on M Class.

Keep the Aft Facing Balcony Cabin.  I promise.promise.promise you will not regret it.

i switched to an aft facing balcony cabin at final payment for Hubs (fiancé then) first cruise (Alaska).

he was hooked and we returned to Alaska for 2 weeks the following year and were married on the Radiance Of The Seas, this time in one of her Junior Suites Facing aft.

Every time I suggest something other than aft facing now his face scrinches and he makes little snorting sounds as he walks away.

Here is the Best reason to book an aft facing balcony (besides a view of both sides - everything) ......

Here is our next cruise balcony on the Summit to Bermuda.  A little wider because it is a handicapped cabin.

346175CA-0CD5-4F24-9619-BD715DBD21AE.png

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

That's precisely my point on why they had to reduce the size of the seating to accommodate the larger beds. 

42 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

Have they had to eliminate the chair in the 170 sqft cabins? Those are a few feet shorter than the 191 sqft AQs and CCs.

Edited by Oville

8 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Don’t blame you Marilyn.  The privacy on the aft AQs looks dicey.  If I had one booked I’d move cabins.  K