Upsell offer

Eskylady

Hello,

I just received an upsell offer for the February 9th sailing on  Ruby Princess. I currently have an B4 aft Stateroom B756, and the upsell is to a Club Class mini for $199 per person. Truthfully I expect this is a non-issue, because they probably have been taken already.  Honestly if I didn't have a true aft stateroom which I always wanted to try,  I would've probably snatched it up in an instant as I am very much looking forward to the wake view every day, (5 days), but am sort of thinking maybe I should've jumped on that offer. I am also concerned I could become such a spoiled beast I'll always want Club Class and not be satisfied with anything less. 

Thoughts??  Thanks!

Edited by Eskylady
wanted to clean up the post\

Just now, Eskylady said:

Hello,

I just received an upsell offer for the February 9th sailing on  Ruby Princess. I currently have an B4 aft Stateroom B756, and the upsell is to a Club Class mini for $199 per person. Truthfully I expect this is a non-issue, because honestly if I didn't have a true aft stateroom which I always wanted to try,  I would've probably snatched it up in an instant, I am very much looking forward to the wake view every day, (5 days), but am sort of thinking maybe I should've jumped on that offer. I am also concerned I could become such a spoiled beast I'll always want Club Class and not be satisfied with anything less. 

Thoughts??  Thanks!

I would stay where you are.

I would imagine the CC mini would be on Dolphin deck which has an uncovered balcony.

I had the same question a few weeks back (although for less $$ pp and only to a regular mini not cc) and kept my aft balcony. As someone mentioned a while ago on these boards, if the upsell to club class is more than the cost of eating in a specialty restaurant every night then don't take it. I thought this was really good advice. I'd love to try club class one day but the price has to be right. 

We are on this same cruise.  Have had 2 upsell offers.  Inside to a balcony and then to an obstructed OV.  This is a 5 day cruise and the cabin we have is in a great location- close but not at the elevators and midship.  Don't spend much time in the cabin to warrant the extra $$$ for 5 days.  When speaking to the person she said they were way oversold. 

You'll love the wake view!  Enjoy the cruise! 

Tai

Slightly off topic but I didn't think Princess was doing 5 day cruises anymore in the Caribbean. I had gone on one in 2017 and thought it was the last one since they weren't very popular. Glad to see they're continuing!

4 minutes ago, akeasley said:

Slightly off topic but I didn't think Princess was doing 5 day cruises anymore in the Caribbean. I had gone on one in 2017 and thought it was the last one since they weren't very popular. Glad to see they're continuing!

It's a five day out of LA going to Cabo.

43 minutes ago, akeasley said:

Thanks for the clarification! I did see a 4 day out of FLL in May 2019 so that made me wonder if the shorter Caribbean cruises were returning.

I wish ...

following that 4 day out of FLL for additional price reductions ... right now a get on board rate of $ 349 with a NON-refundable deposit

4 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I wish ...

following that 4 day out of FLL for additional price reductions ... right now a get on board rate of $ 349 with a NON-refundable deposit

It is inside the 75 day window... I would assume you have to pay the final in order to complete booking.