Live from the 1/13/19 Regal sailing!

Host CJSKIDS

4 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

In only 103 days my cruise drought will end & will enjoy Alfredo’s often during our 14 days onboard the Royal Princess. 😁

I will have to live vicariously through you Frank on that sailing!

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Try having Stewart give you a new shower curtain.

I will be on the Regal for the first time in a few weeks in an inside cabin.  When I looked at the room diagram, I thought it looked like a shower door rather than a curtain.  Was hoping this was so.

8 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

I will be on the Regal for the first time in a few weeks in an inside cabin.  When I looked at the room diagram, I thought it looked like a shower door rather than a curtain.  Was hoping this was so.

Shower doors only in suites.

All others have curtains.

I left a note Keith for our ninja cabin Stewart. Hopefully the curtain will be changed when we go back to the room later. 

Thanks again for the idea! 

Edited by Host CJSKIDS
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I left a not Keith for our ninja cabin Stewart. Hopefully the curtain will be changed when we go back to the room later. 

Thanks again for the idea! 

You are welcome Carolyn. You might also check that toilet brush/holder too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Ok let’s change that to painfully slow😂

And they ran out of bacon !

Yikes!  Ran out of bacon?  This is day 2 of the cruise?  Hope they will get more soon at a port.  Bacon is one of my favorites during breakfast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I found that on the Royal in November. Not sure if they are trying to passively discourage breakfast in the MDR....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

16 minutes ago, TracieABD said:

I found that on the Royal in November. Not sure if they are trying to passively discourage breakfast in the MDR....

I gave up on a dining room breakfast years ago due to slow inefficient service & incorrect orders and now it’s either the IC or buffet for us at breakfast.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Try having Stewart give you a new shower curtain.

We’ve had to request fresh shower curtains on most Princess  cruises due to the moldy- smelling curtains that smell up the bathroom.  I always smell it immediately and my husband does not. Last cruise was the exception.  No foul odor.  That was on the Crown.  

Edited by 4cats4me
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 4cats4me said:

We’ve had to request fresh shower curtains on most Princess  cruises due to the moldy- smelling curtains that smell up the bathroom.  I always smell it immediately and my husband does not. Last cruise was the exception.  No foul odor.  That was on the Crown.  

We were on a 10 day Crown Princess cruise last month.  I did notice that we had a new (or almost new and freshly washed) shower curtain upon embarkation and it was changed on day 5.  In the past (but not frequently) we have had to request that the steward replace the shower curtain upon embarkation.

On 1/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, Host CJSKIDS said:

Sitting in the elite lounge waiting to board the Regal!!  No medallion in hand yet as princess screwed up by medaling it from Singapore and then pulled it back once it got to Hong Kong. They have said they will be delivered to our stateroom. Let’s hope the card opens the cabin! 

Weather is perfect today for sail away. Sunny and 80!  

Can’t wait to be back on board. 

April is our first time on the Regal. I am assuming the Elite lounge is for Elite passengers. Will you please share more details about the lounge?

Thanks.

3 minutes ago, 63 Super Sport said:

April is our first time on the Regal. I am assuming the Elite lounge is for Elite passengers. Will you please share more details about the lounge?

Thanks.

Elite/Platinum/Suite

They have a daily appetizer, featured drinks. (I think 6 of them)

Held in the Vista Lounge. (used to be held in Club 6)

You will find a daily schedule for the appetizers in your cabin.

That’s so good to know about the shower curtain!  We’ve had that moldy bathroom smell and I noticed the darkened shower curtain.  Never knew we could ask to have it changed.  So glad to know we can ask for that.

• Like 1

Tonight was crown grill. Excellent meal though my filet was on the dry side even with medium rare. Service was great, the head guy singing happy anniversary to our friends and happy birthday to me was also great. Wonderful voice. 

It’s formal night and some are dressed up, some not at all and some in shorts. 

FYI, they are not turning people away in shorts. Even some tuxes. 

Crooners is very quiet this trip. Funch is playing. Not quite sure about him. Most of his songs are on the mellow side. Like the bartenders said “he is trying to put us to sleep!”

i see an absolute cut back in events around the ship. Many events seem to be greater towards purchasing something. 

The crew as always are great. The crew in the sanctuary is exceptional this trip. The service at crooners is beyond exceptional!

• Like 1