New to Celebrity - Help!!

Cruisin 4 Ever

Since you were asking about drink menus, I would suggest that you may want to consider buying a drink package before boarding if you have not done so already (or choose it as a perk if you had a Go Big/Better/Best deal).  It's so nice to not have to worry about a bar bill at the end of the cruise 🙂   

We love Celebrity......with the very odd exception, we have always experienced excellent service (especially stateroom attendants) and the food is very good.  And being greeted with a glass of champagne as you board is a lovely beginning to your cruise.  Enjoy!!!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

I just booked my first Celebrity cruise after many years of cruising with other cruiselines.

Does anyone have drink menus to share?

Is room service free?

Anything else you can tell me.

If you scroll through the "Class Drink Package or Not?" thread, someone has posted four or five different drink menus which may be of interest to you.

Name a few of your preferred"fancy" drinks for me...  For example, Long Island Teas, Margaritas, daiquiris, mudslides, Pina coladas are all included under the Classic Package.  While the Martini Bars drinks are a few bucks over you can get a regular Martini or a cosmopolitan at any other bar.  Generally people only feel the need to upgrade if they drink a special call brand or wine.

My advice to people is to give it a day or so and see if you really need to upgrade.  You can always do so up until the last few days, prorated.  

Edited by helen haywood
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

the Summit. We don't go until November.  I did get the classic drink package but then I noticed a $9 limit to the drink I would purchase and I only like the fancy cocktails so wanted to check out prices

You can get most standard cocktails with the classic package (margaritas, pina coladas, mojitos etc).  The fancy stuff or drinks made with top shelf booze will cost you a few dollars more. The martinis at the martini bar are $12-$15.  You can upgrade to premium for $11.80 a day if you want  ( I do upgrade mine, my wife is fine with the classic).

15 minutes ago, TFLG said:

You can get most standard cocktails with the classic package (margaritas, pina coladas, mojitos etc).  The fancy stuff or drinks made with top shelf booze will cost you a few dollars more. The martinis at the martini bar are $12-$15.  You can upgrade to premium for $11.80 a day if you want  ( I do upgrade mine, my wife is fine with the classic).

So upgrading only one Classic Beverage Package of two in same cabin is allowed?

You can ask for any drink  you wish and the bartenders will probably know how to make it. You are not limited to drink menus. I would try the classic for a day or two before upgrading. We have had both the premium and the classic and we are fine with the classic. 

• 3 months later...

thanks so much for the info.  She what I'm understanding is that I can upgrade for 11.80 per day or if I were to buy a $12 cocktail I can just pay $3 extra.

So would drinks like Tom Collins or Singapore sling, or a strawberry daiquiri be included in the classic package?

34 minutes ago, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

thanks so much for the info.  She what I'm understanding is that I can upgrade for 11.80 per day or if I were to buy a $12 cocktail I can just pay $3 extra.

So would drinks like Tom Collins or Singapore sling, or a strawberry daiquiri be included in the classic package?

Here's a drink menu from the Martini Bar in 3 parts. Hope it helps. You'll love Celebrity!

On 1/15/2019 at 11:05 AM, Cruisin 4 Ever said:

the Summit. We don't go until November.  I did get the classic drink package but then I noticed a $9 limit to the drink I would purchase and I only like the fancy cocktails so wanted to check out prices

We tend to upgrade, it’s not a lot extra per day. We upgrade for the fresh orange juice, drinks at the word class bar, better choice of wine, cocktails at the martini bar, more choice of beers, I like Guinness. We prefer the convenience of not having to sign for any drink over the classic limit and feel we actually save money by upgrading.

7 hours ago, yorky said:

We tend to upgrade, it’s not a lot extra per day. We upgrade for the fresh orange juice...

Yorky  --  is the fresh juice still included?  I thought I had read another post (somewhere)...  That it's not included any longer...  Our last Celebrity Cruise was on the Connie 2 years ago  --  looking forward to Eclipse coming up.

Thanks  --  Von