"Easy Drinks" vs "Drinks on Us" Package

exm

Hi,

First-time MSC cruiser getting utterly confused. I've booked in November a Fantasica set of 3 connecting rooms with the 'Drinks on Us" package. Right now MSC is running a promotion with free "Easy Drinks" and "WiFi" packages. I've considered calling to see if they can change my reservation but it seems that both drink packages are different.

DOU:

https://m.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Mobile/Assets/MSC-18-095 Drinks On Us flyer_new_update11152018_2.pdf

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018 Drink Package Comparison Guise with DRINKS ON US.pdf

EP:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/Drink_Package_Comparison_Guide_update11192018.pdf

Since our primary beverage will be beer it looks like the EP limits you to Heineken Draft and Miller Lite bottle, whereas DOU gives you more bottled beer options:Budweiser, Bud Light, Miller Lite, Coors Light, Corona) with Corona standing out for us.

Is that correct? How will MSC keep track of this on the ship (MSC Seaside)?

Thanks!
Edited by exm
formatting

Thank you for posting this - although I am still utterly confused.  We just booked for June on the Seaside with the All In promo with WiFi.  My mom likes things like Cosmos - can be made with well brand spirits - but can you get a mixed drink.  Things like a pina colada or frozen daquiri.

If not what is the cost to upgrade?  But also where can I find current drink prices to know if it's worth upgrading or are we better off just buying a few drinks a la carte?

The Seaside looks beautiful with lots of cool bells and whistles I think my kids will like - but I am starting to feel like maybe we should cancel between bad reviews (which I take with a grain of salt) and just feeling like it's pulling teeth to get accurate info.  Sorry for the vent - but I am honestly just so confused about things it has left a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach ...  Thanks for any clarification.

26 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Here's a copy of the codes for the various packages:

Drink Package Codes.pdf

Interesting, thank you. So the ED gives you a few more coffee options, and DOU more beer options.

Bubbaloo311, list of cocktails is in the PDF and you can't get those cocktails you mentioned for free. Of course you can upgrade to the Premium Package.

7 minutes ago, Bubbaloo311 said:

Thank you for posting this - although I am still utterly confused.  We just booked for June on the Seaside with the All In promo with WiFi.  My mom likes things like Cosmos - can be made with well brand spirits - but can you get a mixed drink.  Things like a pina colada or frozen daquiri.

If not what is the cost to upgrade?  But also where can I find current drink prices to know if it's worth upgrading or are we better off just buying a few drinks a la carte?

The Seaside looks beautiful with lots of cool bells and whistles I think my kids will like - but I am starting to feel like maybe we should cancel between bad reviews (which I take with a grain of salt) and just feeling like it's pulling teeth to get accurate info.  Sorry for the vent - but I am honestly just so confused about things it has left a sour feeling in the pit of my stomach ...  Thanks for any clarification.

Easy Package does not include Cosmos,  or foo foo drinks as we call them lol. (pina colada, daquiri)  You can upgrade from easy to premium and it would include them.  The price to upgrade is $27pp per day and each person that is in the cabin that has the package has to upgrade.  Well worth it for us.

It looks like with the easy  package  you can get zero  proof cocktails and a shot of spirit (or two!!!) And  make  your  own  custom  drink . Anyone tried this yet? I have  been  on MSC for  2 cruises so far and have another  booked . I'm budgeting  for my limoncello, I  got addicted last cruise. Also  loved getting  coffees  at the bars which seems to be included  in  the  easy  plan.

21 minutes ago, Sea Viewer said:

It looks like with the easy  package  you can get zero  proof cocktails and a shot of spirit (or two!!!) And  make  your  own  custom  drink . Anyone tried this yet? I have  been  on MSC for  2 cruises so far and have another  booked . I'm budgeting  for my limoncello, I  got addicted last cruise. Also  loved getting  coffees  at the bars which seems to be included  in  the  easy  plan.

Ohhhhhhh, the coffees were AWESOME!!!

Just come off the Divina......the information regarding what cocktails you can get on the easy package is non-existent, even the crew don't know. I was told the BBC ( Baileys Banana Colada) wasn't included yet we were able to get it in some bars. Pina Colada is definitely included.

They haven't got around to producing a bar list that simply lists maybe with an asterix or something what package entitles you to what.

As a rule of thumb any cocktail that includes a premium spirit is not included, so if your particular cocktail has a spirit that is on the premium spirit list you can't have it.

To be honest they entire drinks package change over is a complete fiasco.

Just off Divina yesterday - 4 people in our group had "Drinks on us" included and one person  had an "Easy" package. It worked great for us as in many bars and restaurants we all could take advantage of the latter without incurring an additional 15% gratuity charge. We also had bottles of wine and Prosecco (not a huge variety but quite good) with dinner as opposed to "wine by the glass" as stated in the description. 

Is it safe to say that if you have the new easy unlimited package, you could just request a shot of say Bacardi on ice and then request a coke afterwards and mix your own Bacardi-coke and not the captain morgan spiced rum and coke that is only included with the easy package? Or request a virgin strawberry daiquiri and a shot of malibu and make your own cocktail? Would this work?