Edge Luminae New Menus - Now Serving Everyday Items!

vtcruising

I emailed the Edge Restaurant Operations Manager that I met a few weeks ago onboard about the Edge Luminae menus. I asked him if they had added any everyday items since we are unable to order from the MDR menus on the Edge (Luminae is too far from the MDR kitchens). This was his answer:

This is correct. We recently reinstated option of our classic offerings( salmon, NY steak, chicken  breast, escargot, onion soup, shrimp cocktail)

So at least there will be more options. Others have said that you can also make special requests the day before.

Here are the 7 menus he sent me - they do have some modifications. They took away a couple of my favorites (and added some things that also look good). They took away the prime rib (cote de boeuf) and added rib eye, for one thing, and took away the creamy truffle risotto. They adjusted some of the vegetarian options and changed the sides on others. They changed some entrees (added prosciutto wrapped chicken breast and citrus and chili braised short ribs and changed up some of the pasta dishes). It looks pretty good to me!

Here is the link to the old Luminae menus for comparison that Katie posted:

https://images.r.cruisecritic.com/pdfs/celeb-luminae-menu-samples.pdf

Present Luminae Menus:

Order will depend upon Chic nights (the 2nd and 6th menus are generally the Chic night menus)

image.thumb.png.bf7695c67576c9cfbfbf72894481ed45.png

image.thumb.png.184bf355b007b447b196e1a9d6e374f2.png

image.png.9909c8346e8959f756672fe5f6189e14.png

image.png.fc6c85732d529d461fda4e46262324a9.png

image.png.5e3663bdfa25ba9cf30bb70d5d97dd50.png

image.png.a6aeb1da7dd33c68940a90afb46b8700.png

image.png.7037e5336449d3c64d8b126134a74b0f.png

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

I am onboard Edge now.  The everyday items mentioned above are NOT available in Luminae this week.  The option to pre-order an item with 24 hours notice is available and we were told they would try their best to accomodate.

Marilyn, 

Hopefully they will start this by next week when we sail!  Since we are on Harmony this week the suite restaurant Coastal Kitchen is on Deck 17 far away from the MDR like the situation on Edge.  CK has a rotating menu but it includes some standard appetizers, salads and entries available every night for more choices.  Escargot, shrimp cocktail, Caesar salad to name a few.  This works just fine really.  No 24 hr notice needed.

Since I couched the question as as me being onboard on Sunday, I wonder if it starts then. I emailed him a couple of weeks ago and he usually answers immediately. Maybe they were in the process of deciding on this and that's why there was a delay in his answering. His email said "See you next week" so I will chat more with him then. 🙂

2 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Good news about adding some favorites from the MDR and thanks for the new menus.  Do you know if they will be rolling out fleet wide?

I'll try to find out when I chat with him next week. 🙂

• Like 1

We know our waiter in Luminae from several past sailings and he knows nothing about their plans to add everyday items.

Not related to Luminae but they plan to remove all rocking chairs from all sky suites.  Many have been removed already at the request of guests.  

17 minutes ago, jcpc said:

We know our waiter in Luminae from several past sailings and he knows nothing about their plans to add everyday items.

Not related to Luminae but they plan to remove all rocking chairs from all sky suites.  Many have been removed already at the request of guests.  

If my KH rocker is gone, I will try to get it back. I was one of the few who loved it! It was worth the space it took up. It was the only comfortable seating in the suite, IMO.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

If my KH rocker is gone, I will try to get it back. I was one of the few who loved it! It was worth the space it took up. It was the only comfortable seating in the suite, IMO.

I, for one, could do without the rocker.

I'd rather have decent verandah furniture instead. 😉

20 minutes ago, jcpc said:

We’ll see what happens with the menus - not a deal breaker for us, but the extra options would be nice. Things seem to be changing rapidly in the ship. 🙂

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I, for one, could do without the rocker.

I'd rather have decent verandah furniture instead. 😉

Me too but my DH was planning to lay in that rocker on the balcony (with the matching grey inflatable foot stool) and won’t be pleased if they haven’t replaced the chairs. We may ask for a lounger - one would fit fine on that balcony. It’s either  the Kelly or the lounger! 😉

Edited by vtcruising

Our rocker was placed on the balcony at our request and has been there the entire cruise.  The rocker itself is “weatherproofed”  but the cushions are not.  

Plan is to replace rocker in suite with a coffee table that can be raised for eating.  Our butler has provided two tables (similar to “tv tray” tables) so we can comfortably eat breakfast in the room.  They fold up and he stores them next to the couch.

Another addition:  shower curtain has been added to SS tub/shower.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, jcpc said:

Our rocker was placed on the balcony at our request and has been there the entire cruise.  The rocker itself is “weatherproofed”  but the cushions are not.  

Plan is to replace rocker in suite with a coffee table that can be raised for eating.  Our butler has provided two tables (similar to “tv tray” tables) so we can comfortably eat breakfast in the room.  They fold up and he stores them next to the couch.

That’s great that they are working toward solutions! Thanks for the updates!

Should be quite interesting. Having everyday options in Luminae, rather than requesting in advance, sounds better.

The rocker being removed... what does that leave for seating? Anything reasonably comfortable?

While a shower curtain may solve the problem, I wonder how aesthetically pleasing it will be.

Regardless of any changes, I fully intend to enjoy a wonderful cruise!

Thanks Marilyn, I hope the menu enhancements are on our cruise next week.  Aren’t cote de boeuf and rib eye the same cut of meat?  We rarely eat red meat with the exception of being on a cruise and there are enough lamb and beef choices in Luminae to satisfy our cravings.  Of course Fine Cut and Rooftop will play their roles.  Katie

Edited by Oville

1 hour ago, jcpc said:

I'm one who is not happy to see the rocker go. I was really looking forward to placing it on the balcony. I love a rocking chair.

4 minutes ago, Oville said:

Thanks Marilyn, I hope the menu enhancements are on our cruise next week.  Aren’t cote de boeuf and rib eye the same cut of meat?  We rarely eat red meat with the exception of being on a cruise and there are enough lamb and beef choices in Luminae to satisfy our cravings.  Of course Fine Cut and Rooftop will play their roles.  Katie

Cote de boeuf is a larger bone in Rib Eye Steak.  Take a bone in prime rib and slice it along the bone and you've pretty much got a Cote de boeuf

Good news is that X is making changes  they perceive will counter some of the  unhappiness/criticism....they will never please everyone.

Hope the new menu works for suite guests.  Looks like they are trying..

As for furniture, hope we also get a nice table in the IVs.  I just wonder who actually approved all the design stuff..one person or a committee of non cruisers?? 

Great news about the every day items. Hoping sky suites get a table to have breakfast on before our March cruise. These types of changes are one of the reason we chose to cruise on the Edge in March. I really dont want to eat breakfast in bed or on the floor. The good old days eating breakfast on our balcony.

deck.jpg

balcony.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Me too but my DH was planning to lay in that rocker on the balcony (with the matching grey inflatable foot stool) and won’t be pleased if they haven’t replaced the chairs. We may ask for a lounger - one would fit fine on that balcony. It’s either  the Kelly or the lounger! 😉

I'm with your DH, I won’t be pleased either if they haven’t replaced the chairs on the verandah by the time we cruise in April. 😳 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcpc said:

Ah... like the coffee table in the Celebrity suites.

Nothing evokes the feeling of “modern luxury” like eating on tray tables. 🙃

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, lsb48154 said:

Should be quite interesting. Having everyday options in Luminae, rather than requesting in advance, sounds better.

The rocker being removed... what does that leave for seating? Anything reasonably comfortable?

While a shower curtain may solve the problem, I wonder how aesthetically pleasing it will be.

Regardless of any changes, I fully intend to enjoy a wonderful cruise!

It's a work in progress, I guess. It sounds like they are listening.

Unfortunately, I don't have time to order a blow up rocking chair to go with my blow up foot stool. Oh well, we'll still have a lot of pillows. I'll send pictures of the shower curtain. 😉

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Ah... like the coffee table in the Celebrity suites.

Nothing evokes the felling of “modern luxury” like eating on tray tables. 🙃

I'll take that over the teeny, tiny tray table and tom tom. 😉