? about Picking free specialty dining on cruise

betmust

7 minutes ago, betmust said:

We picked free specialty dining for one of the perks on our cruise. We have a reservation for Cagneys and I wondered if there is a price limit on our dinner for what we can have.

Thanks

I believe the limit is $20 for the entree but I am not sure as we rarely would order anything over $20 plus, of course you get an appetizer and dessert.  

5 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I believe the limit is $20 for the entree but I am not sure as we rarely would order anything over $20 plus, of course you get an appetizer and dessert.  

No. There is no price limit for the specially dining package. 

46 minutes ago, betmust said:

We picked free specialty dining for one of the perks on our cruise. We have a reservation for Cagneys and I wondered if there is a price limit on our dinner for what we can have.

Thanks

There is no $ limit on entree.

My understanding is that you can have multiple apps and desserts but only 1 entree and that is all included in the specialty dining package.

14 hours ago, bkrickles1 said:

There is no $ limit on entree.

My understanding is that you can have multiple apps and desserts but only 1 entree and that is all included in the specialty dining package.

You are correct....at Cagney's you get 1 entree, as many apps, sides and desserts as you can eat and they also take the UBP for alcoholic drinks.  And their dress code is very lax, so you can even wear cut off shorts, a t shirt and a baseball cap if you so desire.

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

And their dress code is very lax, so you can even wear cut off shorts, a t shirt and a baseball cap if you so desire.

Not quite right.  Enforcement of the dress code may be lax, but the dress code itself is not as lax as you've written.   For example, see  https://www.ncl.com/bge/first-time-cruiser under "what to pack".

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Edited by PATRLR

1 hour ago, PATRLR said:

If you KNOW that you don't know the correct answer, then why answer at all?

IF you are platinum, as a perk for being platinum you do get a voucher that does a have price limit. I could see some confusion about this and confusion on which one to use. If you are platinum, when you are checked into the restaurant, tell the wait staff which perk you want to use if you have both the platinum voucher and dinning package

4 hours ago, PATRLR said:

Not quite right.  Enforcement of the dress code may be lax, but the dress code itself is not as lax as you've written.   For example, see  https://www.ncl.com/bge/first-time-cruiser under "what to pack".

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants.

Have seen it in Cagney's on the Escape on multiple cruises, so once again if it is not officially allowed, it's another cruisers interpretation of the rule to cross the line, push boundaries and emphasize their membership in the "me generation."

Platinum coupon = 1 of each: app/entree/dessert (not sure about sides, more than one is probably fine?)

Specialty Dining Package (either paid for Free at Sea perk) = many apps/desserts, one entree.

Sometimes the staff gets confused about what the SDP allows (or maybe on purpose) and will tell you it's limited to one of each, but the T&C say you will only be charged if you get multiple entrees. The system won't charge you for multiple apps/desserts as long as you're using an SDP credit (unless the T&C changes between now and your cruise).

1 hour ago, SNJCruisers said:

Have seen it in Cagney's on the Escape on multiple cruises, so once again if it is not officially allowed, it's another cruisers interpretation of the rule to cross the line, push boundaries and emphasize their membership in the "me generation."

I believe that the point that PATRLR is making is that telling someone that the dress code is lax and that they can wear a baseball cap is partially misleading.

Even if people often get away with wearing a hat (that isn't allowed under the dress code), it's bad advice to tell people that they can wear a baseball hat.

It's like telling an inexperienced driver that they can drive 80mph on a highway with a 70mph speed limit. Yes, you often see it and most get away with it but it isn't advisable.

8 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

And their dress code is very lax, so you can even wear cut off shorts, a t shirt and a baseball cap if you so desire. 

Someone who isn't familiar with the dress code might be  more likely to wear a hat after reading that post. :classic_huh:

Edited by Two Wheels Only

The only place to wear a baseball cap is at a BASEBALL game. It looks classless and shabby. Also makes it look like you couldn't take the time to wash your hair or clean up enough for a nice dinner. 

On 1/17/2019 at 11:33 AM, betmust said:

Thanks

Yes, if it is a platinum perk.  I think that it is 1 app., 1 entree  $20.00 or less with sides, and 1 dessert.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FPJC03 said:

The only place to wear a baseball cap is at a BASEBALL game. It looks classless and shabby. Also makes it look like you couldn't take the time to wash your hair or clean up enough for a nice dinner. 

👍👍👍

• Like 1