* ms Nieuw Statendam & Nieuw Amsterdam - Port Everglades - Sail a Way - Jan 20/19 *

kazu

We're on N Amsterdam, NEXT WEEK for another 100% Charter.  Country Music Cruise via Starvista.  Seven days to Key West and St. Thomas with a stop on Saturday at the private island.  The ship is 100% full (all cabins sold) and has been for the past five months or so.  Will have Jeff Foxworthy, Oak Ridge Boys, Joe Diffie, Ronny Millsap, and about a dozen other acts on board for an average of five events a day.  Really looking forward to this trip.  So, next week on Sunday, we'll be the ones hanging off the balcony at 5pm when she leaves.

Tom in Okeechobee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dfish said:

We got all snow.  I'm waiting to be plowed out sometime today.

Yesterday the temperature went up all day -- 41 F.  When I posted shortly after 2 AM, it was 38.  Around 6 AM it was down to 27 and now it is 14 with wind chills near zero.  Temperature is still dropping.

There is about an inch of ice on the roads and a little snow on top.

2 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Yesterday the temperature went up all day -- 41 F.  When I posted shortly after 2 AM, it was 38.  Around 6 AM it was down to 27 and now it is 14 with wind chills near zero.  Temperature is still dropping.

There is about an inch of ice on the roads and a little snow on top.

That's the direction we are going in as well.  Stay warm.

6 hours ago, kazu said:

Sorry everyone, the ships are reversed.

N Statendam is doing the 10 & 13 day and N Amsterdam is doing the Soul Train.

Sincere apologies.

I never noticed!   Easy to do and easy to fix.

3 hours ago, tractortom said:

We're on N Amsterdam, NEXT WEEK for another 100% Charter.  Country Music Cruise via Starvista.  Seven days to Key West and St. Thomas with a stop on Saturday at the private island.  The ship is 100% full (all cabins sold) and has been for the past five months or so.  Will have Jeff Foxworthy, Oak Ridge Boys, Joe Diffie, Ronny Millsap, and about a dozen other acts on board for an average of five events a day.  Really looking forward to this trip.  So, next week on Sunday, we'll be the ones hanging off the balcony at 5pm when she leaves.

Tom in Okeechobee

Are you excited or something?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, dfish said:

I never noticed!   Easy to do and easy to fix.

I think I'm going to have to start to do the threads in the morning the day before, even if it is a smidge early.

I'm usually more a morning person and by evening I have to contend with distracting puppy and dog and I'm usually more weary.  LOL.

• Like 1

No worries.  I think there was a time when all that was mentioned was the fact that the ships were sailing and if we know that these ships are going here and there we are way ahead in the game with the matter of which one is going where really only mattering to a few people.

Roy

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

Checking in as well. 

Kazu, you made it through the storm alright?

Smooth Sailing!  🙂🙂

The storm is still going Geri.  

The snow has changed to ice pellets and even our deck was deadly when DH went to shovel the 3rd path for the dogs and I to get out.  (And see the steps).

it continues on until Monday night.  We have 2 or 3 of them coming and two are supposed to collide, I think.

Eveything is closed.  Plows have been pulled off the roads and our plow can’t get here.

It’s deadly, but so far, we have power.  I just hope it holds when the winds pick up again and the freezing rain kicks in.

The warming centres are being prepared but no one in their right mind could get there and they don’t take dogs so we don’t go to them.

We’re just hunkered down and the dogs totally got it and did not argue with “not today” when we let them out.  NO walk for the puppy and big boy today.  It’s not often that I don’t walk the dogs.

• Thanks 1

We're just happy to know which ships are in port. The itineraries are just a bonus.  Hope your power stays on. The bottom end of your storm came through here this morning. Lots of lightning and thunder, but now it's beautiful  - or if you're a native Floridian, it's chilly.