Booking future cruise onboard ship

nfc

29 minutes ago, nfc said:

Can anyone tell me what Holland offers for booking onboard as to discount & OBC.

There is rarely a discount.

there is usually OBC depending on the length of your cruise.  

Any other perks that HAL is offering are included of course.

Rothbury...we did the same thing. Besides, the cruise consultant on board was very busy and rushed us through. We got 5 min. We were pretty put off as other times we were given great ideas and help and our time was well spent. We ended up purchasing future cruise credits by filling out the form and booked when we got home at a better price. 

6 minutes ago, wyobean said:

Rothbury...we did the same thing. Besides, the cruise consultant on board was very busy and rushed us through. We got 5 min. We were pretty put off as other times we were given great ideas and help and our time was well spent. We ended up purchasing future cruise credits by filling out the form and booked when we got home at a better price. 

That is kind of what happened with us on the Koningsdam last Oct.  We booked a future cruise and got the OBC, the price was no big deal, but when we got back home and a few weeks after we spoke of our PCC and ended up with price reduction to go along with our OBC.   Then another promotion came along and got the gratuities paid for and a beverage card as well.  All so far seems like we did very well both with the on board booking and later what our PCC was able to add.  Now if we can only a better flight arrangement we will be happy cruisers.

We tried three times to deal with the cruise consultant.   Once she never showed up at her desk during the posted times, once she was busy and told us to come back in 15 minutes and when we did she was gone, and once we made an appointment to meet her in the Neptune Lounge at a specific time and she never showed up.   That did it, never again.   👎

10 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

We usually get the future booking w/o an itinerary.  We pay $100 for a short cruise and $300 for a long cruise.  When we book later, we don't need to come up with a large deposit.

That's what I like to do as well, book a future cruise deposit and book when I find  something that looks good to me.  

Edited by doone

3 minutes ago, doone said:

That's what I like to do as well, book a future cruise deposit and book when I find  something that looks good to me.  

We get the best choice of rooms by booking when a cruise first shows up.  Whatever they have on the ship is usually too late for us.   Lots goes into the decision of booking a cruise.  There's also other issues, like what type of shore excursions are available, which are tender ports, etc.  I asked future cruises for a shore excursion list for future bookings on our 2017 SP, AU & NZ cruise, and never received it.

6 minutes ago, knittinggirl said:

We get the best choice of rooms by booking when a cruise first shows up.  Whatever they have on the ship is usually too late for us.   Lots goes into the decision of booking a cruise.  There's also other issues, like what type of shore excursions are available, which are tender ports, etc.  I asked future cruises for a shore excursion list for future bookings on our 2017 SP, AU & NZ cruise, and never received it.

Yes for sure, I try to book as soon as the itineraries are released as well.   That's  how we booked this Koningsdam cruise in March, been booked since August 2017.  We got the exact cabins we wanted, (we have 10 balcony cabins booked all in a row) I kept an eye on the prices and ended up being able to take advantage of a price reduction, so all is good.

Edited by doone

1 hour ago, knittinggirl said:

We usually get the future booking w/o an itinerary.  We pay $100 for a short cruise and $300 for a long cruise.  When we book later, we don't need to come up with a large deposit.

I do the same.  I have heard enough misinformation from some FCC’s that would curdle your hair.  It’s not a private spot so you can’t help but hear.

I wanted to go up and tell the people it was wrong (Atriun bar Westerdam - then the FCC desk was right by the bar) but DH grabbed my hand and said no.  There are some great FCC’s on some ships (Prinsendam comes to mind) but sadly it’s not consistent.

I but my FCD;s on board and book when I get home at my leisure.

4 hours ago, wyobean said:

we did the same thing......this department on both the Oosterdam in November and the NS in December was either hardly ever there or very slow.   No points from us on the Future Cruise dept!

3 hours ago, kazu said:

I do the same.  I have heard enough misinformation from some FCC’s that would curdle your hair.  It’s not a private spot so you can’t help but hear.

I wanted to go up and tell the people it was wrong (Atriun bar Westerdam - then the FCC desk was right by the bar) but DH grabbed my hand and said no.  There are some great FCC’s on some ships (Prinsendam comes to mind) but sadly it’s not consistent.

I but my FCD;s on board and book when I get home at my leisure.

My experience with the FCCs is very mixed.  Some have been great, some terrible.)

I normally just get the FCD (future cruise deposit), but if I knew ahead of time what I wanted to book AND the current pricing and perks, I would book onboard to lock in the higher OBC (on board credit).  And yes, I know that my using the FCD and the promotion ZPM I can get the same amount of OBC, but this way it is done and over with.

One thing to remember, when you book on board the booking is automatically assigned to the Travel Agency that you used for the cruise you are on. This may not be the one that gives the best value for the particular cruise you are booking.

21 hours ago, nfc said:

Can anyone tell me what Holland offers for booking onboard as to discount & OBC.

NO...... the same booking with a HAL agent       I learned a long time ago that you get the best price and benefits when you book with  your agent  who should be a frequent  HAL booker.

I had in the past , foolishly tried to book direct with HAL.    I asked for extras  and the HAL agent almost laughed..."  if you want that you have to get it from a travel agent, not us"