Paradise or Victory? Help me decide.....

paulypride

We have been on the Paradise and the Victory twice. Still, it’s a hard choice... the Paradise has a fun stage on the lido but the Victory has nicer cabins... the Paradise usually does five day cruises and the Victory 3 or 4... if you get the extra day, the smaller stateroom on the Paradise is better! 

We have been on both just sailed the victory in November haven't been on the Paradise since she was refurbished but sailed on her numerous times. Both ships are nice however we did not care for going out of Miami and Tampa is only 30 minutes away from where we live so maybe proximity would be something to think about. We really like the Liberty out Port Canaveral have you looked into that ship.   Neither the Victory or Paradise has the steak house if that is something your interested in.

I vote for "Paradise", and especially since her recent dry dock.  Embarkation/Debarkation MUCH easier at the port of Tampa.  Longer cruise is ALWAYS better, and I've found the crew aboard "Paradise" to be truly outstanding. 

"SKY"

We were on Victory in October and were blown away! this was our 30th Carnival cruise so not easy to impress us. Food was great, staff amazing. Victory has been named 3rd best ship for food and second for staff and it showed. Would sail her over and over! Sad she is being made into Radiance. 

Pat

On 2/2/2019 at 7:01 AM, livingthedream1 said:

We have been on both just sailed the victory in November haven't been on the Paradise since she was refurbished but sailed on her numerous times. Both ships are nice however we did not care for going out of Miami and Tampa is only 30 minutes away from where we live so maybe proximity would be something to think about. We really like the Liberty out Port Canaveral have you looked into that ship.   Neither the Victory or Paradise has the steak house if that is something your interested in.

We just got off the Liberty two weeks ago, it was a very nice ship. We found the "Fun Squad" to be lacking, but the rest of the cruise was fantastic. I am leaning towards Victory only because it won't exist soon and that is a consideration. We live in NYC so flights to TPA or MIA won't be a drastic difference either way.

Ok, I've been on the Victory twice and it is one of my favorite ships.  I've never been on the Paradise and I'll tell you why I never picked it even though I used to live right outside of Tampa.  Here's what the Victory has that the Paradise does not have.   For starters the boat is a little larger and two years newer.  Not too large, but it is a bigger ship which generally means more options such as the outdoor movie screen.  I watch a movie while I'm in the pool or jacuzzi daily.  Or sometimes just in a chair.  I love the fact that the Victory has the jogging track in the event I decide to get some exercise in which generally doesn't happen.  But I know its there.  The extra food options, such as the Seafood Shack and Chopsticks..  Its not a deal breaker but it is nice to have that extra options.  They do charge for the food at the Seafood Shack but its pretty good.  Paradise is missing the Alchemy Bar and the Skybox Sports.  I don't drink, but usually my roommates or group mates do appreciate the specialty bars.  My girlfriend lives at the Sports bars when her games are on. Either way, I think you will be fine.  I have never had a bad cruise on Carnival even the older ships.  Before the ships had Dive In Movies and specialty restaurants and the water parks, I absolutely loved my cruises so you will enjoy either ship.

• 2 weeks later...