Joy Bidding for Haven Upgrades

deweytrader

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, CaliMom05 said:

Hi.  I just got my upgrade email today for a Joy Alaska sailing in May and we are currently booked in a large balcony room and have the option to bid on mini suites, concierge, and Haven.  

Can you tell us what the minimum starting bids are to go from a Balcony to Concierge compared to Balcony to Haven?
This new concierge class is intriguing.

We just booked the Joy - Panama Canal 2/14/20 mid-ship balcony (deck 10).  I am not familiar with the bidding process.  Can someone enlighten me?  Would this begin 120 days or so out from leave date or any time?  Do I contact my NCL rep or do they contact me?  Thanks!

3 minutes ago, janmojo1 said:

We just booked the Joy - Panama Canal 2/14/20 mid-ship balcony (deck 10).  I am not familiar with the bidding process.  Can someone enlighten me?  Would this begin 120 days or so out from leave date or any time?  Do I contact my NCL rep or do they contact me?  Thanks!

80 days out, there will be a prompt on your MyNCL home page. You can book 2 room classes above your booked class. System sets minimum and maximum bids. If you win, your credit card is automatically charged and your room automatically assigned. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

Can you tell us what the minimum starting bids are to go from a Balcony to Concierge compared to Balcony to Haven?
This new concierge class is intriguing.

Sure!  Minimum per person bids:  mini suite-$50; concierge-$300; haven-$500

12 hours ago, CaliMom05 said:

Sure!  Minimum per person bids:  mini suite-$50; concierge-$300; haven-$500

Stupid question here but would those bids be just that amount or per person, or per day or  per person each day?  Hope that makes sense.  $500.00 doesn't seem like much to be upgraded to the Haven but if its per person each day, that could be a lot.

10 minutes ago, fsa1155 said:

Stupid question here but would those bids be just that amount or per person, or per day or  per person each day?  Hope that makes sense.  $500.00 doesn't seem like much to be upgraded to the Haven but if its per person each day, that could be a lot.

The bid if for each of the the first 2 guests...

Is the offer amount per person per day or for the entire duration of the cruise?
The offer amount is per person for the entire duration of the cruise. Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom - only the first and second guest will be charged. - FAQ

1 minute ago, Two Wheels Only said:

The bid if for each of the the first 2 guests...

Is the offer amount per person per day or for the entire duration of the cruise?
The offer amount is per person for the entire duration of the cruise. Offers are based on two occupants per stateroom - only the first and second guest will be charged. - FAQ

We're about 58 days out with no offer to bid to upgrade.  I called my TA and she called NCL and they said it's a random offering!  The only thing I would be willing to upgrade to would be the DOS, since we're Haven Aft.  There are 2 maybe DOS cabins left on the Joy on the May 18 cruise.  My daughter-in-law got her offer (she's also in a Haven Aft) last night.  I have been checked in for about 2 weeks or so, and wonder if that is the reason they didn't offer a chance to bid to upgrade.  The DOS is currently about $21,000, so completely out of our budget but would love to bid and get it more reasonably!  Any thoughts?

6 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Joy only has 2 DOS (18100/18700).

I guess they just have 1 left.  So is it your understanding that the offer to bid to upgrade is a random thing?  I think it might be because I was already checked in?  Anyway the Aft Haven will be a wonderful experience, especially since we have 5 couples in those cabins.  

Always do a mock booking before you place a bid. Upgrades are often less than a bid would be.  If so, call NCL and upgrade directly. 

We upgraded lady year on the Jade to an Owners Suite for much less than the bid offer. 

5 hours ago, sargemrs said:

We're about 58 days out with no offer to bid to upgrade.  I called my TA and she called NCL and they said it's a random offering!  The only thing I would be willing to upgrade to would be the DOS, since we're Haven Aft.  There are 2 maybe DOS cabins left on the Joy on the May 18 cruise.  My daughter-in-law got her offer (she's also in a Haven Aft) last night.  I have been checked in for about 2 weeks or so, and wonder if that is the reason they didn't offer a chance to bid to upgrade.  The DOS is currently about $21,000, so completely out of our budget but would love to bid and get it more reasonably!  Any thoughts?

I’m on the April 28 Jade sailing and the roll call all got upgrade invitations about a week ago, I think something like 45 days out.  Hang in there...

btw the haven and suite folks did not get offers to bid for upgrades.......  Haven is totally sold out and has been for months, other than the two GVs which sold about a month ago.

4 hours ago, erdoran said:

I’m on the April 28 Jade sailing and the roll call all got upgrade invitations about a week ago, I think something like 45 days out.  Hang in there...

btw the haven and suite folks did not get offers to bid for upgrades.......  Haven is totally sold out and has been for months, other than the two GVs which sold about a month ago.

Thanks!!  If my DIL (who is also in Aft Haven) hadn't gotten her upgrade offers, I wouldn't have been concerned, but she did, for the 2 bedroom Haven and DOS.  I'll just keep checking every day I guess...… 

22 minutes ago, AtlantaAlly said:

We are on Bliss in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse and got the email at 80 days. The offer was 600 for 2BR or $750 for DOS. We’ll pass. But wanted to share what the minimum bids were for us.

I would grab the DOS if I could!  Don't think I'm going to be allowed. But thanks for your input!!

we were on the Star two week thru Panama canal. in Feb 2018

Booked a BB balcony a year before the trip

At 80 days got an bid offer. Sorry but do not recall if we offered poor, mid or good

we got a SC  2 bedroom suite for $750 each

I suspect we bid to much as our bid was accepted with in two days

Do not feel bad for the up grade   it was a great trip

On 3/21/2019 at 6:07 PM, AtlantaAlly said:

We are on Bliss in a Haven Courtyard Penthouse and got the email at 80 days. The offer was 600 for 2BR or $750 for DOS. We’ll pass. But wanted to share what the minimum bids were for us.

What were the max bid amounts for both?

8 hours ago, AtlantaAlly said:

It was $750-$2000 and $600-$1500

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I should also mention that if I add $2,000 to our rate, it would be about $8,000 less than the current asking price for the DOS.