Medallion Dining Question

cruznliz

I tried to find the answer but was unsuccessful. We are traveling with a large group of family and friends. 18 in all. Our bookings are all linked together and we have Traditional Dining. How do we find out what Dining Room and Table(s) we are at? It's usually on the Cruise Card, but I've heard they are not giving back-up Cruise Cards on the Regal anymore. Does anyone know? 

11 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

You won’t know until you board the ship, but you should go to the maitre d’ after boarding to make sure of you dining room assignment/table(s)

But the question remains. On a ship with only Medallions, how do you know what dining room at what time and at what table you have been assigned?

I am sure the Maitre d' is not expecting up to 3800 people to line up and ask him this question.

4 hours ago, caribill said:

But the question remains. On a ship with only Medallions, how do you know what dining room at what time and at what table you have been assigned?

I am sure the Maitre d' is not expecting up to 3800 people to line up and ask him this question.

HA!  He might not be expecting it, but it sounds like he's gonna get it!  I always check to see what my dining arrangements are when I board...

1 hour ago, capriccio said:

OP - You might ask cruiser AF-1 who just posted a review of his medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess: 

Hello,  they still provide cruise cards in your room.  It will list dining room and time on card.  If you were to have anytime dining that would be listed on cruise card.  

1 hour ago, floridalover5623 said:

On the Regal they're no longer issuing cruise cards so they just might leave a note in the cabin as to which dining time & table you'll be assigned to.

As of when?  I got a cruise card on January 27th.

33 minutes ago, Pia1913 said:

As of when?  I got a cruise card on January 27th.

They said that it was the last cruise that was issuing both cards & Medallions.

See, if you had made it to the CC get together you would have known that. 😁

I suppose they were issuing both in anticipation of having more problems & as it was working out so well, why hand out both.

I doubt the security guys at the foot of the gangway are liking it to much.....having to read the small print on each Medallion. 😵:classic_blink:

floridalover5623,  why would security have to read what is printed on your medallion.  On CB when I touched the screen with my medallion it went from blue to green; green is good.  They never once looked at my medallion; or any medallion for that matter

10 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

I suppose they were issuing both in anticipation of having more problems & as it was working out so well, why hand out both.

I doubt the security guys at the foot of the gangway are liking it to much.....having to read the small print on each Medallion. 😵:classic_blink:

11 minutes ago, floridalover5623 said:

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

When you get to your cabin, they have a little paper printed with your dinning info including your dinning room and table. You bring it the first night, and you're good to go.

Just like in the old days of cabin keys, not cruise cards . . .  plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

When you get to your cabin, they have a little paper printed with your dinning info including your dinning room and table. You bring it the first night, and you're good to go.

Thanks for everyone's replies!  I figured there would probably be info in the cabin but as the leader of our gang of 18, I wanted an answer to give people. We're having a sailaway party in our cabin, so maybe I'll have everyone bring their dining information.

I'm sure the Medallion will be very exciting once we get used to it. 

9 hours ago, AF-1 said:

floridalover5623,  why would security have to read what is printed on your medallion.  On CB when I touched the screen with my medallion it went from blue to green; green is good.  They never once looked at my medallion; or any medallion for that matter

I think floridalover5623 was asking about the person on the dock who checks to see if you are allowed to board the ship, not the security person once you get on the ship and have to touch the screen with the Medallion to check in with the computer.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

I think floridalover5623 was asking about the person on the dock who checks to see if you are allowed to board the ship, not the security person once you get on the ship and have to touch the screen with the Medallion to check in with the computer.

👍Correct but I wasn't the asking. 

Edited by floridalover5623

3 hours ago, floridalover5623 said:

You also missed out on a little gift from the Medallion team. A  Medallion clip carrier - Wow ! 😉

Something else to live without.  Actually, I got rid of the lanyard that came with the medallion and used my own; a thin $1.00 cord bought at the dollar store.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Pia1913 said:

Something else to live without.  Actually, I got rid of the lanyard that came with the medallion and used my own; a thin $1.00 cord bought at the dollar store.

Yea, I was all excited.

They even sell them at the gift shop for $8 each. 

Something else to throw in my junk draw at home. :classic_rolleyes:

Caribill;  thanks for your answer.  Last week the security guys at the dock said they only wanted to see our passport and bar code on boarding pass.  They did not want to see the medallion at all