Stateroom Door Decor

kitkat95

Hey y'all.

We will be going on our first anniversary cruise in a couple of months. On our honeymoon cruise we noticed a lot of stateroom doors with special decor on them. We decided since you only have a first anniversary once, we wanted to decorate our door. I want to be able to reuse anything bought like magnets or pictures, so I don't want anything specific to this cruise if I can help it. What are some fun ideas? Show me your favorite doors!

You'll likely get more responses if you post this on the forum for your cruiseline. Not every cruise line has a lot of "decorated" doors, while a few seem to have a lot. Whatever you choose to do, make sure you aren't using any kind of adhesive that could damage the doors. I believe magnets or magnetic papers are frequently mentioned as alternatives to tape.

2 hours ago, kitkat95 said:

Hey y'all.

We will be going on our first anniversary cruise in a couple of months. On our honeymoon cruise we noticed a lot of stateroom doors with special decor on them. We decided since you only have a first anniversary once, we wanted to decorate our door. I want to be able to reuse anything bought like magnets or pictures, so I don't want anything specific to this cruise if I can help it. What are some fun ideas? Show me your favorite doors!

Things put on cabin doors sometimes "walk away".

It's a good idea NOT to put anything of value to you on your cabin door.  :classic_wink:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kitkat95 said:

Hey y'all.

Do not disturb. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, mom says said:

You'll likely get more responses if you post this on the forum for your cruiseline. Not every cruise line has a lot of "decorated" doors, while a few seem to have a lot. 

^^^

This.

I just got off of 12 days on Celebrity Silhouette, and the only thing I saw on any  door the entire time was one cabin who for some reason felt the need to tell strangers walking by that they were on a B2B. 

2 hours ago, OCruisers said:

Things put on cabin doors sometimes "walk away".

It's a good idea NOT to put anything of value to you on your cabin door.  :classic_wink:

This is so true.  We take magnets along to identify our door to us...so we don't have to keep counting...  We usually take some magnets that are local and can easily be replaced.  On our Carnival cruises we had to put them on the door surround, as the door was not metallic enough for them to stick.  They stuck fine on our Celebrity door.  Earlier this month we were on MSC Seaside.  My sister had packed the usual, but I forgot to grab the Allstate magnets.  She always brings some lizard magnets, and we keep them on the wall in the room.  This time, against my better judgement, I let her put out magnets of our Mayan birth symbols out on the wall outside our entry.  Nothing would stick to the door.  Before we went to bed on embarkation day, they were gone.  Two out of five.  Several days later the pink flamingo disappeared and the magnet that was on the other side of the entry had been moved to the opposite side so there were still three there.  .  Oh well.  We bought some other ugly ones, but they stayed.  EM

57 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

We take magnets along to identify our door to us...so we don't have to keep counting...  

Hmmm, I'm old fashioned - I just use the room number to identify which is my room. 😇

Edited by SantaFeFan

First, as others have already mentioned, don't use anything that you can't afford to lose. Second, if at all possible, personalize the items by putting your name on them.  We use a garden flag that I bought on line, and I had it personalized by having our last name embroidered on it. We use Command strips to attach it to the door. Some people order a customized door banner from Shindigz.com. Also, if you go to Google and type "cruise door decorations" in the search bar, you'll find lots of pictures for door decorations. Most of them are from Disney cruises, but at least you'll get some ideas.

I made door decorations for the first time on our last cruise.  I put magnets on the back and it worked great.  Until the decorations fell off the magnets.  The steward used scotch tape to tape them back up.   Anyway, if you can get your magnets to stay stuck it worked great.