How to remove yourself from a roll call.

Because I am unable to arrange adequate oxygen supplies I have had to cancel my cruise.  Can anyone tell me how to remove myself from the roll call while staying on Cruise Critic.  I hope my health will improve in the future and I will be able to cruise again.  thanks.

You have a couple of options..you can either go to the Roll Call and say you have to cancel, or just don’t post at all. It’s not really a big deal. If you have signed up for tours or activities on the ship, it might be nice to post that you have to cancel.

16 minutes ago, darstamp said:

Because I am unable to arrange adequate oxygen supplies I have had to cancel my cruise.  Can anyone tell me how to remove myself from the roll call while staying on Cruise Critic.  I hope my health will improve in the future and I will be able to cruise again.  thanks.

While participating on Roll Calls is nice, it's not a lifetime commitment.  In fact, you don't "join" it in anyway.  You can participate on a Roll Call by just posting on it.

Now, if you've made commitments on the Roll Call (private excursions, organizing group actities), you certainly need to go to the Roll Call and let them know you've cancelled, and "remove" your name from those things.

You can still remain a member of Cruise Critic, and participate in the various forums, as you wish.

Edited by Shmoo here

Just stop posting to it.  You can mention that you are not continuing on the cruise but do not have to.  You should make anyone you have arranged activities with , be aware of the fact you are canceling.

People get the feel like family after a while on an active Roll Call. 

Please definitely let the group know you’re cancelling your cruise. 

And do specifically notify the organizers of any activities or excursions you’ve signed up for. 

It gives everyone a chance to send their good wishes, and organizers a chance to find someone to fill your spot. 

Then Unfollow and hopefully book another cruise in the near future. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

if you are getting notices  then go to the roll call  & at the top  where it says following  just click there  & UNFOLLOW  

Thanks so much.  That is what I wanted to know.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OCruisers said:

Hope you'll be feeling well enough and able to make arrangements to cruise again before too very long.  

Nice thing would be for you to post on your Roll Call that you will not be able to go.

Thank you for your good wishes.  I hope I will be able to cruise again in the future.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, darstamp said:

A shame you have had to cancel, hopefully you can get onto another cruise soon.

I was not able to find anything with enough battery power to satisfy the airline as they wanted 14 hours of battery power for the flight.  The alternative was to buy oxygen from the airline which was very expensive.  Even then, I still needed something for the cruise and the only thing that would do the job for me weighed 18 lbs.  Now this would have been my first time travelling with oxygen but I have cruised many times and I felt that lugging an 18 lb. machine on excursions and around the ship would be difficult for me.  I am single and though travelling with friends, I didn't want to have to ask for assistance.  I had to weigh the pros and cons and decided that it wasn't worth the stress it was causing me and decided to cancel.  There aren't many cruises that leave from Vancouver and return to Vancouver but they will be the only ones open to me unless my health situation improves.  

Just now, darstamp said:

There aren't many cruises that leave from Vancouver and return to Vancouver but they will be the only ones open to me unless my health situation improves.  

You are limited to Alaska cruises   but maybe check Seattle 

You could drive or take the bus  from B.C.

Also check on the Disabled forum maybe others  have options for you to consider