Charge for second entree?

3 minutes ago, ditmar2007 said:

You forgot 'couple left behind'

Also just remembered unruly kids, full elevators and erosion of benefits to tiered C&A members.

I have not mentioned smoking on balconies as this is a serious safety & health issue.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Also just remembered unruly kids, full elevators and erosion of benefits to tiered C&A members.

I have not mentioned smoking on balconies as this is a serious safety & health issue.

Rum Runners and drink package sharing...

dp

Edited by dpostman
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

I'm truly amazed how this thread has morphed form over eating, over drinking, economics & finance.  I'm still waiting for further morphing of this thread to grats,, chair hogs, and DL/CL complaints.  Did I miss anything.:classic_biggrin:

How is it that no one has mentioned shorts and baseball caps in the MDR on formal night yet?  That's gotta be #2 behind tipping, right?

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

UGH....I just ate my second breakfast entree this morning and now had to visualize THAT?  😨😨😨

d3080b11d31eac741c9bf5109ce52645--humor-

How did you get a picture of me???? 😅

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Let's see now--we've had economics discussions and now we're into modern math & inventory management--Oh the Humanity!

Who needs college or business school? Everything you need to know, you can learn here.

We should start our own cruise line.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

No one got the most critical, important, and urgent issue - and its tied to any second entree...

...salt shakers...

More important is the disappearance of pepper mills/grinders.  Saw a nice one in Giovanni's on the Navigator.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

A correctly made Long Island iced tea has four shots of alcohol.. Rum, Vodka, Gin and Triple Sec (e.g. Cointreau).

A Manhattan or Old fashioned has two shots of alcohol ...Whisky/Bourbon and Vermouth.

I don't know about "oz" as I use the metric system like pretty much all of the civilised world, but from what my converter tells me, 1oz is equal to 30ml, which is a standard shot.

Sweet drinks are definitely "chugged" more than ones like Manhattans (or my favourite, the Rusty Nail), and when they have more alcohol to start with...

A correctly made Long Island has a half ounce of all the white liquors.  Most bars include tequila also which can put it over depending on whether the triple sec has alcohol, which many do not.Been in this business my entire life and made about a million but thanks. A manhattan and old fashioned are most certainly not equal parts as you are implying. 

6 hours ago, nelblu said:

As far as I know, there's no lobsters served outside of North America.

I'm truly amazed how this thread has morphed form over eating, over drinking, economics & finance.  I'm still waiting for further morphing of this thread to grats,, chair hogs, and DL/CL complaints.  Did I miss anything.:classic_biggrin:

We already covered grats. You must have missed it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, tinkr2 said:

We are also missing the "is it ok to wear shorts on formal night bc I am on vacation and I don't want to....":classic_biggrin:

I covered that in post #329.

Doesn't anybody read my posts? It's not easy being witty!   lol

😉

4 hours ago, nelblu said:

Let's see now--we've had economics discussions and now we're into modern math & inventory management--Oh the Humanity!

No, I think the Humanities lesson is on a different thread... 

5 hours ago, tinkr2 said:

A correctly made Long Island has a half ounce of all the white liquors.  Most bars include tequila also which can put it over depending on whether the triple sec has alcohol, which many do not.Been in this business my entire life and made about a million but thanks. A manhattan and old fashioned are most certainly not equal parts as you are implying. 

To throw this thread even more off topic. What brand in Royal's deluxe drink package would you recommend for a Manhattan. 

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

To throw this thread even more off topic. What brand in Royal's deluxe drink package would you recommend for a Manhattan. 

I have not looked at the the list but I assume it has Woodford which is always a nice choice. I personally prefer Bullet rye or Larceny, which Id be shocked if they had. I will make do:classic_laugh:.

1 minute ago, tinkr2 said:

I have not looked at the the list but I assume it has Woodford which is always a nice choice. I personally prefer Bullet rye or Larceny, which Id be shocked if they had. I will make do:classic_laugh:.

I drink Bulleit at home and wouldn't expect them to have it which is why I was asking. I'm actually sipping one now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I drink Bulleit at home and wouldn't expect them to have it which is why I was asking. I'm actually sipping one now. 

I have not bothered with drink package lately, too many ports. I will not have it again until November for the 50th cruise. With every upper tier on the world on that sailing, I bought it immediately. I am not fighting for a free vodka.

I am also currently enjoying a larceny on the rock. Goes well with cruise critic.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, nelblu said:

As far as I know, there's no lobsters served outside of North America.

“Dress shorts” for formal night 🙂

14 hours ago, HBE4 said:

Doesn't anybody read my posts? It's not easy being witty!   lol

😉

It appears you've clearly proven that. 🤣

Time for a true confession.  Last year on a cruise...on lobster night...none of the 3 other passengers traveling with me chose to eat their lobster - all vied for something else on the menu. So of course...I had to eat theirs - 4 in total.

There...I said it out loud. 😨 😏

• Haha 2

Just now, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It appears you've clearly proven that. 🤣

Time for a true confession.  Last year on a cruise...on lobster night...none of the 3 other passengers traveling with me chose to eat their lobster - all vied for something else on the menu. So of course...I had to eat theirs - 4 in total.

There...I said it out loud. 😨 😏

Good for you.  You helped reduce waste.:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1