Cans of Soda

pizzalady1

Princess serves Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite, Ginger Ale, Root Beer and Tonic water. They are all available by the can at bars or from your server.

Haven't been on a ship for a year or so but the price was at least $2.25 (plus 15% auto tip) per can.

Searches online show $2.00 plus tip.

9 minutes ago, pizzalady1 said:

Is Princess Coke or Pepsi? Can you buy cans, not fountain drinks at a bar? If so, how much is a can? Thank you.

Coke...about $2.20 including tip.

Instead we’ll bring soda onboard which Princess does not limit.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sfkaren said:

Just noticed this in my cruise personalizer.

image.png.6fe1ff283a5086db8cf4ff41a054e7cc.png

That’d reduce the price from $2.30 per can to $1.92 (tip included).

On previous cruises that offer has also been available from Room Service.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

That’d reduce the price from $2.30 per can to $1.92 (tip included).

On previous cruises that offer has also been available from Room Service.

wonderful ! It's a bargain 

Thanks all. I am just thinking ahead--we will be in London and taking a bus to Southampton. It might be a pain to deal with luggage and a 12 pack of cans. There is one advantage of schlepping cans is that I could get Pepsi.

• Like 1

I admit that I can be cheap, but I am willing to pay $2.25 or whatever it is for the cans I consume.

We have the Soda and More package for daytime consumption, and we trade in the mini-bar set-up for cans of Coke, so we have a lot of soda cans to start with, but my wife likes to have cans of soda in the fridge for late night and morning (pre-facing the world).  So I probably buy about 10 cans each week, over and above what we get in the mini-bar swap.

I am NOT going to hassle carrying on a 12-pack or paying a porter to carry one more piece of "luggage".  I paid $5.69 for a 12 pack of Coke at the grocery store yesterday (and I complained about that high price!!!).  I'll pay Princess $27 for those 12 cans, and in my mind, I just add it onto the cost of the cruise.  Since we don't drink booze, that $27 plus the Soda and More is our entire bar tab.

Now, if I needed a Pepsi product, or if Princess changes from Coke to Pepsi, well, that would be a different story!!!

4 hours ago, CynCyn said:

Is it permissible to bring club soda or Perrier on board? Would you carry it on or check it?

You can do either, but if you check it, be sure it can take the rough handling luggage often gets.