Move over offer question

judyjudy56

We just received a move over offer for our cruise that departs this Sunday. I am unclear as to what this means. It says free cruise offer for Ruby Princess. It says move to any 7 day domestic cruise and receive 100 % cruise fare refund as refundable onboard credit. 

I have a call into Princess. We are not sure if this means a free cruise as well as the onboard credit. Has anyone received this verbiage in a move over offer?

Yep, it’s both.  Your paid fare is refundable OBC plus you get another 7 day domestic cruise of your choice. But call back to the specified extension fast and leave your name, phone number and booking number.  They call back in order and it is first come, first served.

Edited by cherylandtk
  • Like 2

Seems it comes down to two choices:

1.  Stay with the cruise you've already booked/paid to take 3 days away.

2.  Free cruise at a future date of your choice.

Great for those flexible enough to do this ... but we would not be and stay with the one we had planned.  :classic_blush:

We live in hopes of a move over offer. This is one reason to use Princess EZ Air as they will fix your flights as well if flights are involved. Congratulations on being able to take advantage of this great opportunity.

Edited by Thrak

9 hours ago, Alaska05 said:

Do u still get days credit for the free cruise?

Yes you do.  And if the offer includes an upgrade to a full suite you get double credits just as if you booked it outright.

I got this once. They moved me from inside cabin to deluxe balcony on the new ship royal. So i booked the new cruise for the next year. They gave me $1000  When i booked they sent me $500. When onboard i got $500 obc. I did not use it all. I got the balance in cash while onboard ship!!  I live in fl  so they probally did it knowing i would drive not fly to ft lauderdale

11 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Yep, Princess Air or Southwest Airlines would be good to have when you get an offer like that...  Congratulations and Enjoy.

Princess Air, yes, but any other airline (including Southwest) probably not as good.

a) If the alternate cruise you select is from a port not served by the airline you booked with, even the airline giving you credit will not help you get to the new port.

b) If not using Princess Air, the ticket value must be used within one year from when it was originally purchased.  If your alternate cruise is not within that time limit, the value of the ticket is lost.