Azamara Transfers from Rome Airport to Civitavecchia

Desert Cruisers

We are independently flying into Rome Airport (FCO) from London the night before a cruise out of Civitavecchia.  Staying at an airport hotel.  Thinking about taking the Azamara transfer from FCO to the ship the following morning.  Can we separately purchase a transfer without booking air thru Azamara?  Do we have to give them flight info? [Don't want them to be confused by the day of arrival into FCO.]  Any other advice?

We have taken the train before but it can be a hassle especially with luggage.  Will also look at car service options.  Any recommendations welcomed.

8 hours ago, Desert Cruisers said:

We are independently flying into Rome Airport (FCO) from London the night before a cruise out of Civitavecchia.  Staying at an airport hotel.  Thinking about taking the Azamara transfer from FCO to the ship the following morning.  Can we separately purchase a transfer without booking air thru Azamara?  Do we have to give them flight info? [Don't want them to be confused by the day of arrival into FCO.]  Any other advice?

We have taken the train before but it can be a hassle especially with luggage.  Will also look at car service options.  Any recommendations welcomed.

The many times we have travelled to and from Rome airport or Civitavecchia we have used Stefano Rome Cabs and have been very pleased with their service.  I did check the Azamara site to see about transfers for our upcoming May cruise and it links to a third party who handles it on their behalf.  Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

3 hours ago, Ayden said:

The many times we have travelled to and from Rome airport or Civitavecchia we have used Stefano Rome Cabs and have been very pleased with their service.  I did check the Azamara site to see about transfers for our upcoming May cruise and it links to a third party who handles it on their behalf.  Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.

We are also fans of RomeCabs.

I looked at this site for our Pursuit cruise from Civitaveccia to Venice.  The price quoted for a taxi for up to 3 people was 238 Euros from the airport to the port on arrival.  This is 100 euros more than their competitors.  The page then asks for ship details from a drop down menu.  This does not work and when I type in Azamara Pursuit the ship is not recognised.  It does give a list of dates on the next drop down, none of which coincide with May 28th.

Perhaps Azamara would like to re-visit their association with this company.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I looked at this site for our Pursuit cruise from Civitaveccia to Venice.  The price quoted for a taxi for up to 3 people was 238 Euros from the airport to the port on arrival.  This is 100 euros more than their competitors.  The page then asks for ship details from a drop down menu.  This does not work and when I type in Azamara Pursuit the ship is not recognised.  It does give a list of dates on the next drop down, none of which coincide with May 28th.

I too looked at the link for an upcoming departure from Civitavecchi. We need a transfer to our hotel the night before.  The price is 110 euros more than being offered by not one but all the reputable companies cruisers use. The cars and service are identical, meet and greet, waits if flights are delayed etc etc   I’m very disappointed Azamara is so unaware of competitor pricing to be selling this alternative at this price.  Sure way to have disgruntled guests onboard when, as they will, they compare notes with other cruisers.  

1 hour ago, uktog said:

I too looked at the link for an upcoming departure from Civitavecchi. We need a transfer to our hotel the night before.  The price is 110 euros more than being offered by not one but all the reputable companies cruisers use. The cars and service are identical, meet and greet, waits if flights are delayed etc etc   I’m very disappointed Azamara is so unaware of competitor pricing to be selling this alternative at this price.  Sure way to have disgruntled guests onboard when, as they will, they compare notes with other cruisers.  

This is hardly a surprise has Azamara will be making on the deal just like the expensive shore excursions.

Not all Taxi compagnies are aloud to stop near the ship in Civitavecchia. Most of them will stop at the entrance and you must take the free shuttle to your ship. Which yes and which no I can't find it. Oly if you start looking: Civitavecchia transfer then it is sometimes on the side.

But indeed the price difference between "Azamara deal" compagny and others is big and still the same question: "Is it to the ship or only to the entrance?"

7 minutes ago, Henk123 said:

Not all Taxi compagnies are aloud to stop near the ship in Civitavecchia. Most of them will stop at the entrance and you must take the free shuttle to your ship. Which yes and which no I can't find it. Oly if you start looking: Civitavecchia transfer then it is sometimes on the side.

But indeed the price difference between "Azamara deal" compagny and others is big and still the same question: "Is it to the ship or only to the entrance?"

We've been taken to shuttle car park before and used the shuttle to get to ship in Civitavecchia.

Not a big deal, certainly not worth paying twice as much for the privilege of being dropped close to the ship.

YMMV

Always been taken to the ship if we are transferring on arrival day by the companies mentioned by others on the board.  Our actual quote was to the hotel the night before, so no advantage either way on that one - we will be using the shuttle on embarkation day which works extremely well

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Always been taken to the ship if we are transferring on arrival day by the companies mentioned by others on the board.  Our actual quote was to the hotel the night before, so no advantage either way on that one - we will be using the shuttle on embarkation day which works extremely well

That has certainly been our experience with RomeCabs.

The first time we used them was when the Iceland volcano wreaked havoc on on overseas flights.

Had they not taken us directly to the ship I am fairly certain they would have left without us as they were rolling up the carpet as we arrived.

9 hours ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I've shared this information about the third-party company not recognizing the Pursuit! 

As for price, we offer the transfer as a convenience rather than as a closely competitive product. Azamara is a middleman and therefore there are operational expenses/payroll/profit involved with any additional middleman. 

I consider this CC community as our most savvy subset; one that isn't so much looking for convenience but rather best price and informed travel since most on this forum are DIY researchers and networkers. So totally understood if you all choose to hire a transfer on your own. 

And I do appreciate you pointing out that the drop-down menu is missing Pursuit calls. Thank you Mrs Miggins.

On 3/14/2019 at 1:49 AM, Desert Cruisers said:

This might suit you as a low cost alternative.  I’ve used it before and was very pleased.  I will say I lucked out and was obviously the only person arriving and transferring on the day so instead of a van I was picked up in a small Mercedes and taken from FCO to Civitavecchia to myself for £28.  Bargain of the century!  The website is easy to use to find availability:

https://www.expedia.co.uk/things-to-do/shared-shuttle-civitavecchia-port.a201715.activity-details

Phil

On 3/15/2019 at 1:10 AM, Mrs Miggins said:

Hi Mrs Miggins, and again thank you! Here’s what I’ve heard re the Pursuit transfers.

“This has since been resolved and there should be no issue selecting the service now.  Thank you for letting us know so that we could follow up on this.

Regarding pricing – it appears that our guests may have selected a private car which is indeed 238 Euros as opposed a private taxi which is the next option on the website which costs 170 Euros.”

Bonnie, yes I confirm that the site does now work.  However I have booked a Minivan for our party of 3 each with one cabin bag and one large suitcase with Rome-Airport Net which is the company accessed from the official Civitavecchia Port website.  The cost is 140 Euros.  The AlloschiBros transfer via the Azamara site does indeed now say 170 Euros for a taxi, but it would not accommodate luggage for 3 people.  Their Van transfer (admittedly bigger than the one we will get) is 289 Euros.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have used Civitaveccha Cab Company to go from Rome to Civitavecchia and they dropped us right next to the ship.  And I used them from the ship back to FCO.  Both times they were there when promised and got us where we needed to go in plenty of time.  We booked the shared transfer (up to 8 people) for about 65 euros for 2 each way.  I plan to use them again the next time I'm in Rome and need to go to/from the airport/Civitavecchia.

https://www.civitavecchiacabservice.com/