Jan 19 2020 Oasis in danger of Cancellation?

27 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

What good is travel insurance going to do now?  ...

Perhaps for non-cruise line related costs, like non-refundable airfare and hotels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The details...

Dear Guest,

We are reaching out to let you know that, regrettably, we have to cancel our Oasis of the Seas January 19th, 2020 cruise, as it has been chartered. We know this news is disappointing and apologize for the impact to your vacation.

We want every aspect of your vacation to be enjoyable. So, we’ve put together some alternate options that we hope you will take advantage of.

Option 1: Re-book one of the following 2020 sailings

Oasis of the Seas departing from Miami, Florida on:

Jan 5th sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | San Juan, Puerto Rico | Labadee, Haiti.

Jan 12th, Jan 26th, Feb 9th or Feb 23rd sailing to Labadee, Haiti | Falmouth, Jamaica | Cozumel, Mexico.

Feb 16th sailing to Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas| San Juan, Puerto Rico | Labadee, Haiti.

Allure of the Seas departing from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida on:

Jan 5th or Feb 2nd sailing to Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis | Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

Jan 12th, Jan 26th or Feb 23rd sailing to Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas | Cozumel, Mexico | Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico | Roatan, Honduras.

Jan 19th or Feb 16th sailing to Philipsburg, St. Maarten | Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas | Perfect Day at CocoCay, Bahamas.

If there is one word that describes the Caribbean islands, it’s easygoing. Do it all or do as little as you want on your Caribbean vacation! With miles of sun-drenched beaches, thrilling water activities, culturally enriching tours, delicious local cuisine, and plenty of shopping options, there’s an island just for you! Try something new and check it off your bucket list. We are sure you’ll find your perfect getaway!

What you’ll receive:

Option 2: Re-book any other Royal Caribbean International sailing and receive the following:

• A credit to spend onboard per stateroom: $200 for Interior, Ocean View and Balcony staterooms | $400 for Suites
  • Plus, an additional $50 for each third or more guest to spend onboard
  • And, you’ll be reimbursed for non-refundable airline charges with receipts (up to $200 per guest for Domestic flights or up to $400 per guest for International flights).

Option 3: If you choose to cancel, we’ll be sad to see you go

• We will process a full refund of any paid portion of your cruise fare to the original form of payment, including any non-refundable deposits. Please note, if you choose this option, we will not provide additional compensation, including air reimbursement.

It’s important to us that you find the best vacation option. One of our destination experts will call you starting April 10th to help find your perfect cruise. If we happen to miss you, please call us back by April 24th, 2019 at 888-281-9344. If we haven’t heard from you by April 24th, your reservation will be cancelled.

Lastly, any pre-paid amenities, packages, or shore excursions will be refunded to the original form of payment within 7-10 business days.

Thank you for understanding. We hope you find another cruise vacation with us. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or looking to explore, relax, and recharge - we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing. We look forward to welcoming you onboard.

12 minutes ago, Deseo1578 said:

I am booked in the Allure for Jan 19!

So am I, not I will see if my TA can slide that OBC to that sailing.  Has anyone experience this before? My concern is that we already booked it before the official cancellation notification.

Just now, mworkman said:

So am I, not I will see if my TA can slide that OBC to that sailing.  Has anyone experience this before? My concern is that we already booked it before the official cancellation notification.

I tried to move the OBC to a reservation I had booked as a back up when I heard it was to be cancelled but they would not let me.  I had just done it last month when they cancelled my explorer but they are saying this one was too far out to do that.  I had to cancel my backup and have them update the Oasis reservation to the other sailing.

4 minutes ago, Canadian Disney Mom said:

I tried to move the OBC to a reservation I had booked as a back up when I heard it was to be cancelled but they would not let me.  I had just done it last month when they cancelled my explorer but they are saying this one was too far out to do that.  I had to cancel my backup and have them update the Oasis reservation to the other sailing.

That doesn't even make sense why they wouldn't transfer the OBC over. It seems like they could transfer the booking # over to the Allure.

7 minutes ago, mworkman said:

That doesn't even make sense why they wouldn't transfer the OBC over. It seems like they could transfer the booking # over to the Allure.

Hopefully you will have better luck.  My backup was not one of the offered sailings

7 minutes ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

Hmm, I'm thinking I should stick to an April 2020 cruise just to ensure a Feb 2020 one wouldn't get cancelled!

I'm beginning to agree, we used to love sailing in February but after a few year run on Liberty when we went to book the same cruise for the following year it was chartered.  So we hadn't booked it yet, or had to deal with this, but I'm thinking if you want to sail February you choose an older ship!

Going to check Rhapsody prices now. That ship has been good to us.   Only bad thing is that the balconies are usually expense. Oasis class ships seem to have better balcony pricing.

Edited by coaster

40 minutes ago, ShillyShally said:

I'm beginning to agree, we used to love sailing in February but after a few year run on Liberty when we went to book the same cruise for the following year it was chartered.  So we hadn't booked it yet, or had to deal with this, but I'm thinking if you want to sail February you choose an older ship!

We are considering a sailing in February 2021 with friends but I’m not so sure of that idea now.

1 hour ago, mworkman said:

I don't think they will do that.  You would have to change your OA booking to the other one

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Wow, more choices alternate cruises then I ever got. That's good but in past when mine was canceled I've got little as one choice ship and date...

I agree, we only got about 3 or 4 choices when our Adventure cruise was cancelled for a surprise dry dock.

Wow, more choices alternate cruises then I ever got. That's good but in past when mine was canceled I've got little as one choice ship and date...

I was thinking the same thing! That’s a TON of choices!! And I think that’s a great thing and hope it continues!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called and took the cancel option.  Prices have increased on Rhapsody since our last cruise in January of this year. Will look for a land based alternative.  A mistake on my part to book a newer ship more than 6 months out.   Hope the Atlantis charter group enjoys their cruise.

Edited by coaster

3 hours ago, coaster said:

Called and took the cancel option.  Prices have increased on Rhapsody since our last cruise in January of this year. Will look for a land based alternative.  A mistake on my part to book a newer ship more than 6 months out.   Hope the Atlantis charter group enjoys their cruise.

Since they charter a ship every year I'm sure they do.