Viking Ocean - Combined Cruise Schedule

CharTrav

@CharTrav thanks for your wonderful work on this spreadsheet!  And thanks for the explanation of the web glitch with the VE cruise “Antarctica & South Georgia Island.” We had actually received a letter and flyer from Mr. Hagen about this cruise around June 10 and I went to the website and couldn’t find it anywhere.  Friends had told us they had booked this voyage around the time it “disappeared,” so I had our TA call Viking and she booked it for us.  Later, I noticed it was back on the Viking site.  I hadn’t panicked, but I did wonder what had happened.

Thanks again,

Jerry

2 hours ago, MarkTapley said:

@CharTrav thanks for your wonderful work on this spreadsheet!  And thanks for the explanation of the web glitch with the VE cruise “Antarctica & South Georgia Island.” We had actually received a letter and flyer from Mr. Hagen about this cruise around June 10 and I went to the website and couldn’t find it anywhere.  Friends had told us they had booked this voyage around the time it “disappeared,” so I had our TA call Viking and she booked it for us.  Later, I noticed it was back on the Viking site.  I hadn’t panicked, but I did wonder what had happened.

Thanks again,

Jerry

You're welcome! I had hoped this was a "silent" web site glitch. That nobody received cancelation emails about it. Followed by a flood of

oops! emails a week or so later.  That would have been a horror. 😜

Edited by CharTrav

• 1 month later...

VO Confusion.  There's supposedly a "new" Eastern Seaboard Discovery on the Mars in 17 Aug 2024 that I've read complaints about in either CCF or probably the FB Fans Group.  Makes no sense.  If you click on it from the main "search by..." page you get nothing -- just the general viking cruises page.  If you do a direct search for it you get a page with itinerary for a cruise from Boston to Montreal.  If you click on its dates & pricing it's shown as a SOLD OUT from Reykjavik to Boston.  Same with Eastern Seaboard Explorer on 31 Aug 24.  Also SOLD OUT and inexplicably now from Boston to Montreal,  not New York to Montreal. How is Mars moving from NY to Boston?  Until this confusion is resolved I'm going to ignore this. Not going to update the spreadsheet.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

with respect to the confusion i reported earlier. have decided that it's a one time event.; i.e.,  think there is some one time reason why viking had to shift from new york to boston in august 2024 for Mars because everything after that goes back to "normal".  Eastern Seaboard Discovery now replaces Eastern Seaboard Explorer on 31 Aug.  No sailing on 17 August as before.  New Grand Voyage added for Venus in 2024 and 2025: Australia, Asia, & the Mediterranean from Barcelona (Tarragona) to Sydney.

Sky's sailing of Viking World Cruise starting Dec 2023 has had segments added: Grand South Pacific & Australia, Jewels of Australia & Asia, and Asia to Europe Grand Passage.  New Longitudinal World Cruise V added for Octantis in 2025.

1 minute ago, CharTrav said:

with respect to the confusion i reported earlier. have decided that it's a one time event.; i.e.,  think there is some one time reason why viking had to shift from new york to boston in august 2024 for Mars because everything after that goes back to "normal".  Eastern Seaboard Discovery now replaces Eastern Seaboard Explorer on 31 Aug.  No sailing on 17 August as before.  New Grand Voyage added for Venus in 2024 and 2025: Australia, Asia, & the Mediterranean from Barcelona (Tarragona) to Sydney.

Sky's sailing of Viking World Cruise starting Dec 2023 has had segments added: Grand South Pacific & Australia, Jewels of Australia & Asia, and Asia to Europe Grand Passage.  New Longitudinal World Cruise V added for Octantis in 2025.

Those of us aboard Sky for the WC are hoping having segments isn't going to negatively impact the experience🤞

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

Those of us aboard Sky for the WC are hoping having segments isn't going to negatively impact the experience🤞

🫣😂

We were “segmenters” on the Sun’s WC in Sept. 2019–In the Wake of the Vikings—Bergen to Montreal. 

One of the World Cruisers who wasn’t getting on til LA, accused the segmenters on CC of “having a different agenda.” So beware, Clay!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by LindaS272

54 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

We did the 2019 WC in the southern hemisphere going around both capes with 5 (I think) segments.  It wasn’t optimal, but is was mostly OK.  Then we did Panama to L.A. as segmenters on the 2021-22 WC.  I would have to say we did feel a bit of snootiness towards us by the WCers.  Except those repeating from our 2019 WC and it was fun to see them again.  So I wouldn’t worry about it.  

1 hour ago, LindaS272 said:

🫣😂

We were “segmenters” on the Sun’s WC in Sept. 2019–In the Wake of the Vikings—Bergen to Montreal. 

One of the World Cruisers who wasn’t getting on til LA, accused the segmenters on CC of “having a different agenda.” So beware, Clay!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, SantaFe1 said:

We did the 2019 WC in the southern hemisphere going around both capes with 5 (I think) segments.  It wasn’t optimal, but is was mostly OK.  Then we did Panama to L.A. as segmenters on the 2021-22 WC.  I would have to say we did feel a bit of snootiness towards us by the WCers.  Except those repeating from our 2019 WC and it was fun to see them again.  So I wouldn’t worry about it.  

I'm not worried about the segmenters (we are good friends with one of the segmenters on the 2019 EC), I figure that by the time the segmenters embark at each of the changeovers we will likely be ready for some fresh faces!

Our concern is more related to the ship not being full and Viking not having the budget for all the WC specials-evenings in the city at a show, tomahawk steaks, special performances, etc. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Clay Clayton said:

I'm not worried about the segmenters (we are good friends with one of the segmenters on the 2019 EC), I figure that by the time the segmenters embark at each of the changeovers we will likely be ready for some fresh faces!

Our concern is more related to the ship not being full and Viking not having the budget for all the WC specials-evenings in the city at a show, tomahawk steaks, special performances, etc. 

Oh, Clay, I think Viking will do you proud.  But I say that as someone who doesn’t eat red meat.  Our biggest gripe with segmenters was that our trivia team kept changing, lol.  We and our our British partners were good, and when we got another good couple we couldn’t be beaten.  And then they would go away.  But on our WC, they gave Viking dollars to the winners each day, and at the end of the WC we had enough to buy the iconic red and blue Viking Dale of Norway sweaters!  You will have fun.  Don’t worry.  But start making your lists!  We started almost a year in advance!! And I learned everything to do from Deec.  There had only been one WC before us!

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, SantaFe1 said:

Oh, Clay, I think Viking will do you proud.  But I say that as someone who doesn’t eat red meat.  Our biggest gripe with segmenters was that our trivia team kept changing, lol.  We and our our British partners were good, and when we got another good couple we couldn’t be beaten.  And then they would go away.  But on our WC, they gave Viking dollars to the winners each day, and at the end of the WC we had enough to buy the iconic red and blue Viking Dale of Norway sweaters!  You will have fun.  Don’t worry.  But start making your lists!  We started almost a year in advance!! And I learned everything to do from Deec.  There had only been one WC before us!

What lists?

7 minutes ago, Clay Clayton said:

What lists?

Oh, you know, how much toothpaste do you use in a month, etc.  I didn’t want to have to take time to go shopping all the time.  We only went once, in NZ, half way though.
 But here are some of the things they did for us: 

IMG_3351.thumb.jpeg.3085b0c313b7c693d8357327d0443ed5.jpegIMG_3265.png.e4ca50c71fa20b8a66c39c98e909d54f.pngIMG_0951.thumb.jpeg.79b5e635e293696f0f2dc111c0535651.jpeg

Edited by SantaFe1
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Heads-up!  Will be posting an updated schedule tomorrow or Monday -- after I give it a thorough recheck.  Minor additions to the Viking Ocean schedule. Biggest change since I checked last week is for Viking Expeditions. which is now scheduled through February 2026.

• Like 3

• Have just posted the updated spreadsheet. 
  • Changes to VO sked are:

* a new cruise for Saturn - India & Europe Grand Passage - in Dec '24 and Jan '25

* Vela will start sailing in Dec '24 starting with Iconic Western Mediterranean and Malta, Morocco & the Mediterranean (Dec '24) and then Iberian Explorer (Jan '25)

• The VE sked has been extended into Feb  2026.  Cruises in Jan & Feb 2026 are shown in the OutYear tab.  This tab is normally hidden.
  • For those who already have a copy of this spreadsheet -- simply use the link provided on the ReadMe tab to get a fresh copy.  For those who don't, use this link provided in my signature box https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8pm1betyh91wlhf/AABBcPIWuqWJQtR5JrNSFOqMa?dl=0  and download the file from there -- no DropBox account required.
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Heads up to those following the viking expedition schedule. There have been some updates to the Octantis schedule in 2025 that might be of interest. I’m waiting to see what else gets updated over the weekend before I post the updated spreadsheet, but did want you guys to know about what’s happening here.  Basically they have repurposed what was the 47 day Arctic to Antarctic cruise that used to start in Tromsø. It now starts in Nuuk, takes 87 days, and combines a whole bunch of itineraries including dedicated time exploring the northwest passage above Hudson Bay, as well as, Antarctica. 

On 12/1/2023 at 11:42 PM, CharTrav said:

Heads up to those following the viking expedition schedule. There have been some updates to the Octantis schedule in 2025 that might be of interest. I’m waiting to see what else gets updated over the weekend before I post the updated spreadsheet, but did want you guys to know about what’s happening here.  Basically they have repurposed what was the 47 day Arctic to Antarctic cruise that used to start in Tromsø. It now starts in Nuuk, takes 87 days, and combines a whole bunch of itineraries including dedicated time exploring the northwest passage above Hudson Bay, as well as, Antarctica. 

We booked the earlier part.  Starting in Milwaukee, touring the great lakes, staying on board in Toronto, then continuing up the Seaway, the NW passage...ending in Nuuk.  The next leg was a repeat, Nuuk to Nuuk, so opted to fly home from there.  

We are headed out in less than a week to do Antarctica with another line, so opted out of that part as well.  

• 2 weeks later...

Received email today from Viking informing me sailings in 2026 thru Oct have been posted. Need to set up my 2024 to 2026 spreadsheet!  Not sure if all ships are scheduled. To be discovered.😁

Will try to post the new sheet sometime next week. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CharTrav said:

Received email today from Viking informing me sailings in 2026 thru Oct have been posted. Need to set up my 2024 to 2026 spreadsheet!  Not sure if all ships are scheduled. To be discovered.😁

Will try to post the new sheet sometime next week. 

Thanks, I stumbled on it yesterday.  Booked my 2026 Orion Hong Kong to Vancouver...using chat. 😉 

• Like 2

FYI -- haven't finished updating the spreadsheet yet.  Finished updating VO today but.. discovered that VE's schedule in 2026 has been extended into September.  And ..  the VO schedule is still being updated.  For ex -- a  new cruise was added today that wasn't there yesterday.  Also -- it looks like the Sky will be doing a World Cruise from Dec '25 to May '26 given that in Dec '25 she will be in Ft Lauderdale and has nothing scheduled after that until May '26. But that is merely speculation on my part.  Also -- a new ship will be joining the fleet starting in 2025 -- the Vesta -- a sister to the Vela. And..the Yi Dun (the Sun, reflagged to China in 2021) seems to have (re)joined the Viking fleet but I can't tell if this is just for 2024.

Edited by CharTrav
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Azulann said:

Wow! another new ship the Vela for 2025. Wonder where  that ship will cruise ?  thank you so much to all you do Char in putting this ongoing speed sheet together. 

I just booked Vesta for "Malta" in Jan, 2026. It's also on the schedule for same in March.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-vesta.html

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Azulann said:

Wow! another new ship the Vela for 2025. Wonder where  that ship will cruise ?  thank you so much to all you do Char in putting this ongoing speed sheet together. 

We were looking at Vela for 2026, so I know it is doing Greenland, Iceland, Norway and Beyond. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

I just booked Vesta for "Malta" in Jan, 2026. It's also on the schedule for same in March.

https://www.vikingcruises.com/oceans/ships/viking-vesta.html

We just booked the new Vesta for Malta March 2026.  Cruise consultant on board said Vesta debuts in Jan 26.  Maybe you’ll be on an inaugural cruise!

he also said the newly released Malta itineraries were selling fast - big demand.

• Like 1

Thanks for that info.  I was wondering. I have always wanted to do a maiden voyage and just happened to stumble into this one because we were looking for a January cruise that wasn't a 14 hour flight. Now we just have to hope the Vesta is delivered on time.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CCWineLover said:

We just booked the new Vesta for Malta March 2026.  Cruise consultant on board said Vesta debuts in Jan 26.  Maybe you’ll be on an inaugural cruise!

he also said the newly released Malta itineraries were selling fast - big demand.

I think the onboard cruise consultant mixed up the year and the month that begins with "J". Vesta's first cruise is 2 July 2025 - Mediterranean Odyssey.  I'm double checking my work to make sure I didn't inadvertently confuse Vesta with Vela.  No maiden voyage for you @Peregrina651🥲.  Sorry!!!

Edited by CharTrav