What does Carnival do for Easter-anything?

marshhawk

We seem to have booked my birthday cruise (LOL) over Easter.  Does Carnival do a sunrise service?  Is there an Easter bunny?  Special menu?  I usually am an autumn cruiser, but heck, you only turn 65 once. 

• Like 1

If a passenger on boards wishes to lead a Passover Service or Easter Service, there may be something on board.

As far as decorations with those symbols sacred to Oestre (rabbits, eggs) and the ritual sunrise service welcoming her and spring, they also might occur.  I am sure many do not realize the worship of Oestre is the origin of many of their customs.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the info-

I doubt if they let adults play with the Easter Bunny...BUT I have yet to act like one, so I may get a picture, and i will take notes.  Nice to know there will be a special menu. 

I bought some jelly beans and some plastic eggs to put them in, so that I can give some to the wait staff and my cabin steward.

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Thanks for the info-

I doubt if they let adults play with the Easter Bunny...BUT I have yet to act like one, so I may get a picture, and i will take notes.  Nice to know there will be a special menu. 

I bought some jelly beans and some plastic eggs to put them in, so that I can give some to the wait staff and my cabin steward.

that's a great idea!

On 4/7/2019 at 9:07 AM, marshhawk said:

We seem to have booked my birthday cruise (LOL) over Easter.  Does Carnival do a sunrise service?  Is there an Easter bunny?  Special menu?  I usually am an autumn cruiser, but heck, you only turn 65 once. 

I will be sailing the Magic next year for a B2B over Easter to celebrate our 50th Anniversary and would also love to know what will be done. We are hoping some of our children will book to come along also. I wasn’t sure anything would be done because Easter is purely a religious holiday, and is not often recognized. When I was working (retired RN), Easter was not considered one of our holidays and it was a real bummer to work the holiday, being away from your family, and not even getting holiday pay. 

I work in the arts-theatre does not close on Easter.  We now do not do shows on Superbowl Sunday, but we work Easter-just decided I  wanted to celebrate my birthday, didn't realize when I booked that it was Easter-but now I am lucky for two days.  During the cruise.

these are not normal jelly beans-they are starburst jelly beans=the best.:classic_biggrin:

• 1 year later...

A few years ago, we were cruising at Easter.

I don’t remember anything special about the MDR dinner menu, but the waiters did offer wrapped Easter candy (foil eggs type stuff).

There was no Sunday church service...unless a guest decided to offer their services.

Well, I see we are thinking again of cruising over Easter, which this year is not going to happen, but i will tell you when we did cruise over Easter, we took candy for the staff, there was an Easter bunny, and DH and I wore bunny ears.  WE had a great time!

For those of you cruising next year at Easter, I hope you have a safe and wonderful time.