Currently on Caribbean Princess

xyankee

Boarded the Caribbean Princess on Saturday 4/6. Great cruise so far. Needed help setting up some of the Ocean Apps but other than that all is great. New internet is great! Glad to answer any questions.

• Like 1

Glad you are enjoying yourself! Any chance you could grab a photo of the kids/teens activity Patter please? If you don't have kids, the schedule may be posted by the kids' facilities. I am traveling with 12 & 14 year old boys in July and we are wondering what the activities will be like. Thanks!!

21 minutes ago, skynight said:

Maybe you could ask one of the staff. After last week's accident at the Freeport ship yard, is the ship still scheduled for dry dock next week? I know one of there 2 dry docks were damaged.

curious also as I believe this is the last cruise before dry dock ... and we are on the first one after

• Haha 1

Quote from a long time Freeport Drydock worker (not looking likely they are going to Freeport) “Working on the big Oasis, the ship collapsed, the dock collapsed, the crane collapsed. A couple of people might, don’t know, be missing. I was right there on the dock, working, and just missed it by the grace of God . . .  big accident, big accident. Something the Shipyard will never survive from this one. Dock two is gone, dock two is finished. All the cranes collapsed. Big, big, big disaster. Big, big, big disaster. Disaster, disaster, disaster. I’ve never seen anything like this in my lifetime.”

Thank you for posting. We are on the May 18th cruise and are also worried about the scheduled dry dock. Maybe you will be able to get some information.  If you have a chance could you post the themes for daily dinners in the MDR?  I’m trying to plan our Crown Grill dinners and would find this information helpful.  On the Crown last year we were surprised to see that they were still doing a Caribbean  night - the one I’d like to skip. 😂. Have a wonderful cruise!

Sanwine50. Yes, the information you posted was well reported. However, the Freeport dockyard has two large dry docks. Dock 3 was damaged, but dock two remains without damage. So, the question remains will the Caribbean be in dry dock starting next week?

Edited by skynight

2 minutes ago, skynight said:

Sanwine50. Yes, the information you posted was well reported. However, the Freeport dockyard has two large dry docks. Dock 3 was damaged, but dock two remains without damage. 

does the Freeport Boatyard post a "ships in dry dock" schedule ???

I’ll look into the Kid’s Club and the dry dock issue tomorrow morning. Not sure about the theme night in the dining room. Hadn’t notice but will also check on this. The food in main dining has been very good IMO. Traditional dining times are 5:15 and 7:30.

We were on the Caribbean Princess two weeks ago.  We loved the Promenade Deck and the Terrace Pool.  We highly recommend seeing the production show “Bravo”.  We received excellent service from the crew members.

Just spoke with a ship offices. He confirmed that CB will ge going into dry dock next week as planned. He was aware of the crane accident but said that they will be “going in on the other side”.

Cool Cruiser, I just spoke with 2 different dining room staffers. Both told me the only theme nights in the dining rooms are Italian night and the 2 formal nights. First formal night was last night (Monday). Last formal night is Friday night.

22 minutes ago, xyankee said:

Just spoke with a ship offices. He confirmed that CB will ge going into dry dock next week as planned. He was aware of the crane accident but said that they will be “going in on the other side”.

Thanks. Good information.

xyankee, thank you for keeping us posted with regard to the dry dock . When you have a minute if you could post the production showtime schedule that would be great.