French night in the buffet

tjcletzgo

4 hours ago, tjcletzgo said:

Can anyone tell me what is served on French night?  Also, what's served on Shellfish night?

Thanks so much😁

All I remember was different on French night was more bread and cheese options - in the buffet specifically, on the Emerald. 

Would love to hear what others remember. 

12 minutes ago, CynCyn said:

How do you find out what the different nights are?  I’ve never noticed this!

In the MDRs the evening's theme is noted on the menu but the name isn't always descriptive (Landfall Dinner, Chef's Dinner, etc.).  I don't even remember a 'French' dinner.  Escargot are served on one of the formal nights.

In the buffet the nightly theme is usually announced in that day's Patter.  The German and Mongolian BBQ nights are our favorites.

Edited by capriccio
  • Like 2

Someone mentioned on another thread; that the back of daily patters they list what the theme is for the following night.  I have all my patters from Feb 2019 cruise and do not see anything mentioned.  So to answer your question CynCyn; I do not know. Hopefully more seasoned cruisers will chime in

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Someone mentioned on another thread; that the back of daily patters they list what the theme is for the following night.  I have all my patters from Feb 2019 cruise and do not see anything mentioned.  So to answer your question CynCyn; I do not know. Hopefully more seasoned cruisers will chime in

Maybe, like many things on Princess, each ship makes an individual decision?  It was noted on the Patters for our Ruby cruise last summer and our Crown cruise over Christmas.

Oh well,  not a big deal.  None of my patters from Feb cruise had it listed; and someone is posting patters on Royal daily; and it doesn't show up there either.  No biggie.  Keep em guessing.

See this thread for all the Patters on a recent Royal Princess cruise.  I only opened the first two and both noted the nightly specials (Mongolian Buffet and Full Brazilian) in the buffet.  Granted you have to look mighty closely to notice it!

image.thumb.png.4dd7f9962082025376e7217fd4923d57.png

image.thumb.png.e535b9501c3ea4d07bd7b423b2184c49.png

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, AF-1 said:

Oh well,  not a big deal.  None of my patters from Feb cruise had it listed; and someone is posting patters on Royal daily; and it doesn't show up there either.  No biggie.  Keep em guessing.

You need to get the magnifying glass out but it is listed in this thread.  For example post 528 has a full Patter and the small writing in the Horizon Court/Bistro section says "Brazilian Full'.

There use to be more theme nights.   Some of the old timers will remember them.   One was French night I believe.   But doesn't seem to happen much anymore in the MDR.  Only one I seem to remember is Italian Night.    Probably went the way of the Midnight Buffets.   

From the Patters for a 10 day Feb. cruise on the Crown. I can't comment on any as we seldom eat in Horizon Court.

1. Sailaway Dinner Buffet
2. International & Mongolian Dinner Buffet
3. Captain's Welcome Dinner Buffet
4. Bavarian Dinner Buffet
5. British & Indian Dinner Buffet
6. Caribbean & South American Dinner Buffet
7. Italian Dinner Buffet
8. Mexican Dinner Buffet
9. Fisherman & Mongolian Dinner Buffet
10. Farewell Dinner Buffet

1 hour ago, MGAfhc said:

From the Patters for a 10 day Feb. cruise on the Crown. I can't comment on any as we seldom eat in Horizon Court.

1. Sailaway Dinner Buffet
2. International & Mongolian Dinner Buffet
3. Captain's Welcome Dinner Buffet
4. Bavarian Dinner Buffet
5. British & Indian Dinner Buffet
6. Caribbean & South American Dinner Buffet
7. Italian Dinner Buffet
8. Mexican Dinner Buffet
9. Fisherman & Mongolian Dinner Buffet
10. Farewell Dinner Buffet

The few times we have gone to the Mexican Dinner Buffet we were disappointed.   Nothing like Mexican food I have experienced in Los Angeles.  On the other hand the Indian Dinner Buffet was some of the best Indian food I have had.   

Edited by waltd

5 minutes ago, waltd said:

The few times we have gone to the Mexican Dinner Buffet we were disappointed.   Nothing like Mexican food I have experienced in Los Angeles.  On the other had the Indian Dinner Buffet was some of the best Indian food I have had.   

Princess has absolutely no idea about Mexican food.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, myjillian said:

Are you aware that on formal night when lobster "was offered "you could go upstairs and get "all you can eat crab legs" after having your lobster dinner 😀

Any chance you recall which formal night you can get lobster? We were on a 5 night and were told it was not a long enough cruise for us to get lobster. Dumb. Many people were NOT happy with that answer. We have 2 formal nights on our Alaska cruise coming up. haha 

4 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

Any chance you recall which formal night you can get lobster? We were on a 5 night and were told it was not a long enough cruise for us to get lobster. Dumb. Many people were NOT happy with that answer. We have 2 formal nights on our Alaska cruise coming up. haha 

On our week long Alaska cruise last summer it was the second formal night.

3 hours ago, waltd said:

The few times we have gone to the Mexican Dinner Buffet we were disappointed.   Nothing like Mexican food I have experienced in Los Angeles.  On the other hand the Indian Dinner Buffet was some of the best Indian food I have had.   

We live in LA and always disappointed in Mexican food when not home hahaha

7 minutes ago, Katwoman007 said:

We live in LA and always disappointed in Mexican food when not home hahaha

We asked about Mexican food when traveling through Canada and pretty much got blank looks. 😏

• Haha 1

On 4/9/2019 at 8:04 PM, tjcletzgo said:

Can anyone tell me what is served on French night?  Also, what's served on Shellfish night?

Thanks so much😁

French Night is  tomorrow, I will try to see. Theme buffets on Royal and Regal and on nany other ships that weve been on. To ight was brazilian snd last night my very least favorite of all, Bavarian. I hated everything.  My husband loved it.

saurkraut, bratwursts knockwurstd spaetzle

They have Italian, Asian themes, never heard of seafood theme unless you pay to do Crab Shack, which is a pop up within the buffet.  They did have tons of shrimp and mussels the other night, I noticed. 

They do list the theme nights in advance via the patter 

Edited by 4cats4me