Celebrity MoveUp Offer Tracker - Please Do Not Post Questions Here!

hvbaskey

• Ship:  Eqinox
  •  
  • Length of Cruise:6 days
  •  
  • Cruise Sail Date:May 21,2023
  •  
  • Date email offer received: March 21, 2023
  •  
  • Captain’s Club Tier - Select
  •  
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Big box TA online
  •  
  • Current Cabin: inside I2
  •  
  • Bid?  Yes/No: yes
  •  

If YES -  Bidding Details:

• Cabin Category: Veranda 1C
  •  
  • Bid Offer:$250 per person Canadian dollars ($185 US)
  •  
  • Notification Date: April 22,2023
  •  
  • Accepted / Rejected accepted
  •  

General Comments We were pretty shocked to get this. We got an amazing deal on the original cabin (less than $1000cdn total for all included for 2 people) and they aren’t showing many available cabins. 

Minimum bids US $ conversion 

ocean view $52/pp

veranda $103/pp (we bid $185)

sunset veranda $203/pp (we bid $222)

ultra deluxe veranda $203/pp (we bid $222)

concierge $307/pp

aquaclass $872/pp 

• Like 2

CELEBRITY MOVE UP TRACKER (effective April 19, 2019; but can back-fill data, if available)

Ship:  Beyond 

Length of Cruise:  12 days

Cruise Sail Date:  May 15, 2023

Date email offer received:  March 28, 2023

Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]:  Classic

Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  TA

Current Cabin:  11122 Sky Suite

Bid?  Yes/No:  Yes $1300 pp

If YES -  Bidding Details:  $1300 pp from Aqua Class to Sky Suite

Cabin Category: Sky Suite

Bid Offer: $1300 pp / $2600

Notification Date: April 24, 2023

Accepted / Rejected:  Accepted

General Comments (offer details, etc.):  Moved up from Aqua Class to Sky Suite

• Like 2

• Ship:  Apex
  • Length of Cruise:  7 Nights
  • Cruise Sail Date:  April 15, 2023
  • Date email offer received:  January 30, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier:  Elite Plus
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  Celebrity
  • Current Cabin:  Aqua Class
  • Bid?  Yes

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite
  • Bid Offer: $510
  • Notification Date:  4-13.23
  • Accepted / Rejected:  Rejected 

General Comments (Two weeks after I placed my bid it turned to "pending".  I stayed that way until two weeks before we left.  We were then able to adjust our bid but did not.)

Move up minimum

Edge Villa             $3500pp

Royal Suite          $2500pp

Celebrity Suite   $2000pp

Sky Suite              $500pp

On 4/3/2023 at 2:31 PM, CruiseKitten22 said:
  • Ship:  Edge
  • Length of Cruise:  7 Nights
  • Cruise Sail Date:  June 17, 2023
  • Date email offer received:  April 3, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier:  Select (will be Elite after this sailing)
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA:  Celebrity Direct
  • Current Cabin:  Magic Carpet Sky Suite
  • Bid?  Yes

• Cabin Category: Edge Villa
  • Bid Offer: $1,310/person ($2,620 total)
  • Notification Date:  Pending
  • Accepted / Rejected:  Pending
  • We also bid on an Aqua Sky Suite to have access to the spa amenities if the Edge Villa doesn't work out
  • Cabin Category: Aqua Sky Suite
  • Bid Offer: $305/person ($610 total)
  • Notification Date:  Pending
  • Accepted / Rejected:  Pending

General Comments (offer details, etc.)

Move up minimums

Iconic Suite               $10,000/person

Edge Villa                 $1,300/person (SHOCKED)

Penthouse                $3,500/person

Royal Suite               $3,500/person

Celebrity Suite          $2000/person

Aqua Class Sky Suit $300/person

Sunset Sky Suite      $500/person

A one week spa pass is about $250pp.

Just now, zitsky said:

What does that cover?  Just the sauna?  Any services?  For massage I guess prices are the same for all passengers?

It is for access to the Thermal Suite. All other services you still have to pay for. There may be free exercise classes that normally would incur a charge. Our last Apex sailing, we had an Infinite Veranda and after touring the spa, my wife wanted a week pass because on E class, the Thermal Suite is much nicer than Persian Gardens. The weekly price was $235 on this cruise. I ended up going to customer service and inquiring about an AQ room upgrade and it was only $200pp. For that price and BLU, it was a good deal. For us, it the AQ price is no more than $250 more than a nice balcony cabin with All Included, we will book AQ otherwise we will keep our existing cabin. If we are in the Retreat, we will skip the spa pass as the Retreat deck (on E class) is a perfect place to relax.

• Like 1

Having sailed AQ, now suites, IMO the AQ isn't worth it.  We didn't use the spa more then once.  Too small and stuffy-  if only a couple of sea days, we wouldn't use on port days also.   And the other perks not great.  Whle Blu is more like a regular restaurant vs. a banquet hall, the tables for two on top of each other- like a long row of tables with maybe a foot in-between.  The cabin "amenities" not worth it IMO.  If not in a suite, will take a regular balcony cabin with UDP.  

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

• Ship:  Solstice
  • Length of Cruise: 7 night Alaska 
  • Cruise Sail Date: 5/26/23
  • Date email offer received:  no email I  contacted them in early April 
  • Captain’s Club Tier:  Elite +
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: TA
  • Current Cabin: Aqua Class 
  • Bid?  Yes/No:  YES

Min-max bid.        MY BID

Royal Suite         $ 900 - 2250        $ 1630

Celebrity  Suite   $ 700 - 1750       $  1210 

Aqua Suite          $ 600 - 2400        No bid
    Sunset Sky          $ 500 - 2000       No bid 

Sky Suite            $ 500 - 1250       $ 905   

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite
  • Bid Offer:  $905 accepted 
  • Notification Date:  4/27/23
  • Accepted / Rejected:  Accepted Sky Suite $905 pp

General Comments 

originally put in bid and about 10 days later the  RS & CS showed expired while SS showed pending …nothing ever changed so I emailed Move Up questioning why are they expired and they reversed the expired and made all pending again…two weeks later then  noticed same thing again and no option to cancel or modify …today was notified received upgrade …also to point out the min-max bid range actually went up on the categories I had not bid on ….originally paid extremely low price for the Aqua cabin so didn’t mind paying extra for the upgrade

Edited by tiger13

• Ship:  Celebrity Beyond
  • Length of Cruise: 11 nights/12 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: June 5, 2023
  • Date email offer received: March 23, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Select
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Direct
  • Current Cabin: Edge Stateroom w/ Infinite Veranda (E2, 7137)
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite, AquaClass Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, Edge Villa
  • Bid Offer: S1: $2600, AS: $2600, CS: $3500, RS: $5000, EV: $5325
  • Notification Date: pending
  • Accepted / Rejected: pending

As of April 30, the whole cruise seems to be booked.  If Celebrity claims that they are offering bids on a certain category of stateroom, then do they have to give at least one of each of those types of stateroom to the highest bidder?  My theory is that they hold at least one stateroom of each category available for bidding to the highest bidder, and when booking, it will say that the room is occupied.  If the cruise line says that a certain stateroom category is available for bidding, then they should give at least one of the staterooms in that said category to the highest bidder, or else it will be considered false advertising.  I do not know much about marketing law, but advertising a service to people (Celebrity MoveUp) means that they should be required to give a stateroom in an offered category to the highest bidder.  If that is not the rule, then let's pray for the best.

On 4/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, 69_Starship_420 said:

• Cabin Category: Sky Suite, AquaClass Sky Suite, Celebrity Suite, Royal Suite, Edge Villa

As of April 30, the whole cruise seems to be booked.  If Celebrity claims that they are offering bids on a certain category of stateroom, then do they have to give at least one of each of those types of stateroom to the highest bidder?  My theory is that they hold at least one stateroom of each category available for bidding to the highest bidder, and when booking, it will say that the room is occupied.  If the cruise line says that a certain stateroom category is available for bidding, then they should give at least one of the staterooms in that said category to the highest bidder, or else it will be considered false advertising.  I do not know much about marketing law, but advertising a service to people (Celebrity MoveUp) means that they should be required to give a stateroom in an offered category to the highest bidder.  If that is not the rule, then let's pray for the best.

OMG.  Did you not read the information prior to bidding?

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 7:17 PM, 69_Starship_420 said:

My theory is that they hold at least one stateroom of each category available for bidding to the highest bidder, and when booking, it will say that the room is occupied. 

There's one theory... I suspect it's not correct.  If that's the case, the rest of your argument pretty much falls to pieces.  Good luck with your bid(s).

• Like 1

• Ship:  Celebrity Summit
  • Length of Cruise: 7 nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: 7/16-23/2023
  • Date email offer received: 5/2/2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Select
  • Current Cabin: 1141 - aft-facing Aqua Class
  • Bid?  Yes/No: NO

• Cabin Category: place winning category, if accepted (all category offers, can be mentioned in comments)
  • Bid Offer:
  • Notification Date:
  • Accepted / Rejected

minimum bids

Sky Suite - $300/person

Aqua Sky Suite - $400/person

Celebrity Suite - $500/person

Royal Suite - $700/person

As a solo cruiser, there's no way I'd bid since those amounts would be doubled. I'll happily stay in my aft-facing Aqua Class stateroom.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 4/30/2023 at 4:17 PM, 69_Starship_420 said:

There may be no availability on cabins you are currently bidding on. There may be last minute cancellations that would allow someone a Move Up when previously there was nothing available.

• Like 4

• Ship:  Eclipse
  • Length of Cruise: 7 Nights
  • Cruise Sail Date: May 21st, 2023
  • Date email offer received: April 24th, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier : Brand New (never cruised before); 0 captain points
  • Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Celebrity Direct (web booking)
  • Current Cabin: 6270 part obstructed (Guarantee)

• Cabin Category: Aqua, Concierge, Sunset Concierge, and Sunset Veranda
  • Notification Date: No notice yet.
  • Accepted / Rejected: TBD, hopefully accepted (currently shows expired for Aqua and both the Sunsets as of today, and pending/locked for Concierge)

Bid Details (went to locked as pending and expired respectively today 5/3/23):
Pending/Locked - Concierge Bid was at the weakest end of the dark green 'Strong' section at $210 bid (min: $50 and max $250).

Expired - Aqua Class bid was $425 at the weakest end of the light green 'Strong' section (min bid was $200 and max was $700).

Expired - Sunset Concierge bid was $275 which was at the stronger end of the weakest dark red color (min: $200 and max was $800).

Expired - Sunset Veranda bid was $250 which was at the stronger end of the weakest dark red color (min: $200 and max was $800).

General Comments:

I learned the hard way to research more before booking a guaranteed room - oops. At the time of booking, I didn't realize a partial view was a possibility since I have never done a cruise before.

MoveUp presented an opportunity to amend my mistake without paying the increased prevailing rate of rooms. My main motivation was getting rid of the obstructed view since we are going on an Alaskan cruise. So, even though the perks of concierge by no means are worth $210/pp, a better view totally is worth it for an Alaskan cruise. Really crossing my fingers this comes through.

Interesting Notes:

• On Monday 5/1/23, only 3 rooms were available on the cruise including a fantastic Prime Concierge midship room. I immediately increased by Concierge bid.
  • On Tuesday 5/2/23, only 2 rooms were available (AQ & a Sky Suite). Concierge was gone.
  • Last night, the celebrity app was glitching on excursions and indicated the cruise was sold out. The cruise is now not visible on the celebrity website.

Very curious how this goes and crossing my fingers! I'm not sure if it will make any difference, but it is our honeymoon and it is noted on the account.

Edited by Aaronlv
  • Like 4

• Ship:  Celebrity Reflection
  • Length of Cruise: 10 nights 
  • Cruise Sail Date: 17 July 23
  • Date email offer received: 3rd May 
  • Current Cabin: Sunset Sky Suite 
  • Bid?  Yes/No: NO - we are happy with our aft sky suite. Move-up bids to higher level suites appear to be very overpriced! 

Aquaclass Sky suite - £80 pp

Celebrity Suite - £960 pp

Signature Suite - £1,765 pp

Royal Suite - £3,205 pp

Penthouse Suite - £5,210 pp

Reflection Suite - £6,815 pp

• Like 1

• Ship:  Celebrity Equinox
  • Length of Cruise: 8 nights 
  • Cruise Sail Date: 13 May 23
  • Date email offer received: went online and checked proactively 
  • Current Cabin: Veranda 
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes  $110 pp for Concierge and $110 pp for Ultra Deluxe Veranda, Really wanted aqua class but bidding started at $555 pp and i can get a Persian Garden pass for much less
  • both Pending for about 3 weeks and cruise is next weekend! 

• Like 1

On 5/3/2023 at 3:27 PM, Aaronlv said:

• Accepted / Rejected: TBD, hopefully accepted (currently shows expired for Aqua and both the Sunsets as of today, and pending/locked for Concierge)

Pending/Locked - Concierge Bid was at the weakest end of the dark green 'Strong' section at $210 bid (min: $50 and max $250).

Expired - Aqua Class bid was $425 at the weakest end of the light green 'Strong' section (min bid was $200 and max was $700).

Expired - Sunset Concierge bid was $275 which was at the stronger end of the weakest dark red color (min: $200 and max was $800).

Expired - Sunset Veranda bid was $250 which was at the stronger end of the weakest dark red color (min: $200 and max was $800).

General Comments:

I learned the hard way to research more before booking a guaranteed room - oops. At the time of booking, I didn't realize a partial view was a possibility since I have never done a cruise before.

MoveUp presented an opportunity to amend my mistake without paying the increased prevailing rate of rooms. My main motivation was getting rid of the obstructed view since we are going on an Alaskan cruise. So, even though the perks of concierge by no means are worth $210/pp, a better view totally is worth it for an Alaskan cruise. Really crossing my fingers this comes through.

Interesting Notes:

• On Monday 5/1/23, only 3 rooms were available on the cruise including a fantastic Prime Concierge midship room. I immediately increased by Concierge bid.
  • On Tuesday 5/2/23, only 2 rooms were available (AQ & a Sky Suite). Concierge was gone.
  • Last night, the celebrity app was glitching on excursions and indicated the cruise was sold out. The cruise is now not visible on the celebrity website.

Very curious how this goes and crossing my fingers! I'm not sure if it will make any difference, but it is our honeymoon and it is noted on the account.

In my experience if all other bids are expired and one is pending and locked, you got it (the locked one). Have fun!! I’m in the same situation (full cruise but haven’t noticed an affirmatively locked bid yet) 

• Like 2

On 5/3/2023 at 6:27 PM, Aaronlv said:

General Comments:

Interesting Notes:

Just an update, our bid for Concierge was accepted the next day (24 hours after it locked), and we were moved up to a very nice Concierge Prime room on Deck 12. We lucked out!

Edited by Aaronlv
  • Like 9

2 hours ago, Aaronlv said:

Just an update, our bid for Concierge was accepted the next day (24 hours after it locked), and we were moved up to a very nice Concierge Prime room on Deck 12. We lucked out!

Nice one! Those concierge class rooms up on 12 right behind the pool / below the ocean view are my fav. Have a great cruise!

• Booked through Celebrity Direct OR via TA: Celebrity Direct
  • Current Cabin: Aft-facing Sky Suite, Deck 12
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes  $1,000 pp for Celebrity Suite $1,000 pp,  $2,000 pp for Royal Suite

• Cabin Category: Celebrity Suite,
  • Notification Date: May 8
  • Accepted / Rejected: Accepted
  • Cabin Category: Royal Suite
  • Notification Date: May 8
  • Accepted / Rejected: Expired
  • General Comments (offer details, etc.) We used a lot of FCC to book the Sky Suite so we bid just a little over minimum on both suites.

• Ship:  Celebrity Millennium
  • Length of Cruise: 7 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: July 21, 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 8, 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier [“PREVIEW” = first Celebrity Cruise]: Kettle
  • Current Cabin: Inside
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes $150 Ver, Ultra $300

• Cabin Category: OV, Veranda, Sunset Veranda, Ultra Deluxe, Concierge, Ultra Deluxe Concierge, Aqua
  • Bid Offer: OV: $100, Ver: $150, SV $250, Ultra $300, Con $250, Ultra con $300, Aqua $350  

Can't see how many verandas are available in the booking engine (I could before). 

• Length of Cruise: 9 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: May 27 2023
  • Date email offer received: May 9 2023
  • Captain’s Club Tier: Elite
  • Current Cabin: Inside
  • Bid?  Yes/No: No

Offer Details (not taken)

Aquaclass £635 pp

Concierge £475pp

Infinite Veranda £395 pp

Sunset Veranda £395pp

Deluxe Porhole £315pp

Oceanview £160pp

On 5/5/2023 at 8:14 PM, betsypv said:
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes  $110 pp for Concierge and $110 pp for Ultra Deluxe Veranda, Really wanted aqua class but bidding started at $555 pp and i can get a Persian Garden pass for much less

We also bid on the ultra deluxe veranda. But somehow our bid is no longer showing on our personalizer. It did show our bid yesterday but now it’s gone. Guess we didn’t bid higher enough. 

• Ship:  Equinox
  • Length of Cruise: 8 days
  • Cruise Sail Date: June 24, 2023
  • Date email offer received: April 10, 2023
  • Current Cabin: Prime Inside
  • Bid?  Yes/No: Yes

• Cabin Category: Veranda (V2)
  • Bid Offer: Veranda $150, Sunset Veranda $200, Ultra Deluxe Balcony $225
  • Notification Date: Update on 4/30/2023 - Sunset and Ultra are expired with Veranda locked pending 5/09/2023 - Room assigned
  • Accepted 

Min Bids: Oceanview $50
Veranda: $100
Sunset Veranda: $200
Ultra Deluxe Balcony (Family): $200
Concierge: $300
Sunset Concierge: $600
Aqua : $850
  • Like 1

On 5/5/2023 at 7:14 PM, betsypv said:

My bids were not accepted -notified last night (<48 hours ahead). The Ship is sold out. My previous cruise (Dec 21) was not full and minimum bids were accepted for move up.