Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

8 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

More like mid-ship,

Speaking of mid-ship, you shared on the other site a photo from @Panda Monium starting with “I see my cabin”, a block with two/three levels of cabins and right below the cabins a big white and curved (inverted L if you will) shape frame. Later you posted a picture with the heading “See Translation” with yellow outlinee on some blocks on the ship. I think the block shared by Panda Monium goes on the Starboard side around the yellow line you drew. You can see a similar L shaped white frame. I think a few pages back you highlighted a similar block in which you said you will come back to or to be reminded (something like that) 😀. Sorry I cannot attached photos as I don’t have permission to do so. Just my guess for this evening 😀.

17 hours ago, Nathan Graveson said:

After some digging and some close up photoshops i have made, it seems like it could be something at the stern which i can't quite make out, however i do see some curves that could correspond to some areas.

15 hours ago, Nathan Graveson said:

Now I see what you mean, I’m so dumb, honestly. How could I have not noticed that.

Thank you for checking. Much appreciated. 

9 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Speaking of mid-ship, you shared on the other site a photo from @Panda Monium starting with “I see my cabin”, a block with two/three levels of cabins and right below the cabins a big white and curved (inverted L if you will) shape frame. Later you posted a picture with the heading “See Translation” with yellow outlinee on some blocks on the ship. I think the block shared by Panda Monium goes on the Starboard side around the yellow line you drew. You can see a similar L shaped white frame. I think a few pages back you highlighted a similar block in which you said you will come back to or to be reminded (something like that) 😀. Sorry I cannot attached photos as I don’t have permission to do so. Just my guess for this evening 😀.

Maybe a white 'frame' around the area on decks 5&6 that is flush with the hull and decks above. What the area within frame looks like, who knows?

1843314249_whiteframe.thumb.jpg.5e3d4412ebf7a39d021ae79d307a983f.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

Maybe a white 'frame' around the area on decks 5&6 that is flush with the hull and decks above. What the area within frame looks like, who knows?

1843314249_whiteframe.thumb.jpg.5e3d4412ebf7a39d021ae79d307a983f.jpg

This is beginning to sound a lot like a variation of the Magic Carpet on the Apex.

STRANGE PHENOMENON – Not related to the build, but kind of interesting.

I was watching the webcam for a few minutes last night (Sunrise this morning in Finland). The water was like glass. I noticed each time I hit the play/Stop live playback the flashing fuel price sign’s reflection isn’t synchronized with the sign itself. When the sign is blank, two prices are reflected in the water. When the sign has two prices showing, only one is reflected. And when the sign was showing one price, no prices were reflected. I would have thought it would reflect at the speed of light, and picked up the same by the webcam. I’m sure any photography experts would have the explanation for this phenomenon, but I still find it interesting.

image.thumb.png.df16b569608514454d5f62fa04e521c6.png

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I was watching the webcam for a few minutes last night (Sunrise this morning in Finland). The water was like glass. I noticed each time I hit the play/Stop live playback the flashing fuel price sign’s reflection isn’t synchronized with the sign itself. When the sign is blank, two prices are reflected in the water. When the sign has two prices showing, only one is reflected. And when the sign was showing one price, no prices were reflected. I would have thought it would reflect at the speed of light, and picked up the same by the webcam. I’m sure any photography experts would have the explanation for this phenomenon, but I still find it interesting.

Likely a glitch in the matrix.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

That's because there is another fuel price sign for submarines underwater 😆

But for real, maybe cameras rolling shutter causes it? Don't know much about webcams. Just google "rolling shutter".

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 4:57 PM, Tough as Leather said:

What is it that some people have said - That the Icon class going to look like the Oasis class with some new changes and features (mostly) inside? 

I'm keeping an eye out all the new blocks and pieces to come in order to see if they give a better idea of the overall look.😁

Besides the changed bow, a twist maybe to the exterior appearance?

appearance.jpg.bff01271795517e1ab2c6305acd188f9.jpg

This appeals to me.

Where is the most important part?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Just giving JC grief. 

#noflownogo

Ok. I thought that my image of the Norwegian ship (that I wanted to show as an example of a design that I appreciate) was creating confusion. 😳

11 hours ago, xtremegk said:

This is beginning to sound a lot like a variation of the Magic Carpet on the Apex.

Looking at the pics of the area, theres no mounting points above or on the decks, and that deck is part of quite a significant overhang, so anything hanging off the side of the ship is out unless it months directly on that deck. 

It also looks like theres parts for at least 2 of the "frames" so I'm thinking it's more of a design choice. 

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 3:57 PM, Tough as Leather said:

What is it that some people have said - That the Icon class going to look like the Oasis class with some new changes and features (mostly) inside? 

I'm keeping an eye out all the new blocks and pieces to come in order to see if they give a better idea of the overall look.😁

Besides the changed bow, a twist maybe to the exterior appearance?

appearance.jpg.bff01271795517e1ab2c6305acd188f9.jpg

This appeals to me.

Looks like the seaside class from MSC

image.jpeg.286ff54aff797f2aee59c04d0b11ffe5.jpeg

On 5/3/2022 at 11:31 PM, Tall-Cruiser said:

More 'frame' but unpainted in this photo. At least three deck high? On both sides or just one?

Gridin's Group January 2022 3.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Panda Monium said:

More 'frame' but unpainted in this photo. At least three deck high? On both sides or just one?

Gridin's Group January 2022 3.jpg

I get the impression, but could be off here, that the 'frame' is small on the starboard side (maybe just 2 decks high), but may be higher on the port side from looking at this photo and some others.

Edited by Lloyd555
  • Like 1