Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

21 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Sure, but I'd guess more cars run into trucks than trucks run into each other.

My favorite truck mishaps are trailers hitting tops of bridges

I'm also a fan of when the cabs/trailers take out all the traffic lights in areas where they are hung on wires or the really long 'pole' that stretches over the road.  Used to happen in NJ all the time.  

Tractor trailer takes out traffic signal in Downtown Jersey City - nj.com

• Haha 2

On 3/1/2022 at 4:00 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Different Strokes. We loved Tap Factory & The Book on Odyssey, all three times. Looking forward to them at then end of this month again.

However, I will say that I miss there being a big Broadway show. 

I agree I enjoyed the Book and the Tap Factory was better than I expected. But the music on Odyssey's pool deck was just insanely loud, as @pft2009 mentioned.

25 minutes ago, Americandream123 said:

I can see from the photos of icon that most of the keel is built a few more pieces and then it could be layed with the bow thrusters arriving it should be completed in about 3-6 months for the keel

EC01F4FF-A24A-4E04-B90E-05EFA44385B1.png

I wouldn't say most of the keel, but a more recent photo will show progress. 😊

7 hours ago, Tough as Leather said:

I wouldn't say most of the keel, but a more recent photo will show progress. 😊

Well this is nearly a week old photo, but I don't have any newer ones at this moment.

2022-03-24 16-26-32-DJI_0536_fb.jpg

Edited by Eremita85
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/29/2022 at 6:05 PM, Eremita85 said:

Well this is nearly a week old photo, but I don't have any newer ones at this moment.

2022-03-24 16-26-32-DJI_0536_fb.jpg

I know it is early in the build and Icon OTS will be a higher Gross Tonnage than the Carnival Celebration but...looking at the width of Icon compared to the Celebration in this photo truly does show how wide Icon is. 

While Celebration is shifted to the left (closer to the drydock wall) in this photo, Icon is still clearly much wider. Exciting. 

On 3/31/2022 at 5:09 PM, theaviationbeat said:

I know it is early in the build and Icon OTS will be a higher Gross Tonnage than the Carnival Celebration but...looking at the width of Icon compared to the Celebration in this photo truly does show how wide Icon is. 

While Celebration is shifted to the left (closer to the drydock wall) in this photo, Icon is still clearly much wider. Exciting. 

Yeah it’s hard not to look at the width compared to Celebration and see a difference, and especially with recent photos seen on another sight thanks to @Eremita85 and @Lloyd555. I know Lloyd mentioned a several days back to wait and see about width and etc, but it’s hard to resist talking about it. We are all craving some more info and I agree, it’s Exciting 😀

• Like 1

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/new-royal-caribbean-ship-icon-of-the-seas-to-debut-in-the-uk-in-2023-33617

What Bayley can reveal about the new 5,000 passenger Icon of the Seas is that it will debut in the UK first when it leaves the shipyard in autumn 2023. “The UK market is so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in ’23.”

UK agents will also be given a first look at Icon during “a big interactive event” trade in New York later this year. “We’re still debating the date but as soon as we know we’ll start sending out save the dates.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lloyd555 said:

https://www.ttgmedia.com/news/new-royal-caribbean-ship-icon-of-the-seas-to-debut-in-the-uk-in-2023-33617

What Bayley can reveal about the new 5,000 passenger Icon of the Seas is that it will debut in the UK first when it leaves the shipyard in autumn 2023. “The UK market is so important that I promise you will bring Icon of the seas into Southampton. The UK will be the first country and market that we will bring this incredible ship into [when it launches] in ’23.”

UK agents will also be given a first look at Icon during “a big interactive event” trade in New York later this year. “We’re still debating the date but as soon as we know we’ll start sending out save the dates.”

Starting saving now….!💰 

• Like 1

Anybody wonder why media articles are saying Utopia will the largest in the world in 2024, when Icon is supposed to be bigger than Oasis class ships? Could this be hinting that perhaps Icon class is not much bigger if at all than we thought?

26 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

Anybody wonder why media articles are saying Utopia will the largest in the world in 2024, when Icon is supposed to be bigger than Oasis class ships?

The few places which may have reported Icon being bigger than O class, have not done their research or may be relying on outdated info. Icon, for at least a year has been known to be “smaller” than O class. Passenger count wise, RCCL has for two+ years reported Icon having fewer passengers than O class in their SEC filings- they usually don’t lie in those documents. 

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The few places you may have reported Icon being bigger than O class, have not down their research or may be relying on outdated info. Icon, for at least a year has been known to be “smaller” than O class. Passenger count wise, RCCL has for two+ years reported Icon having fewer passengers than O class in their SEC filings- they usually don’t lie in those documents. 

I was always under the impression that capacity wise Icon would be similar to Utopia, but more GT per pax ratio. And from the initial pictures of keel laying, looks to be same size if not larger than Oasis class keel. 

2 minutes ago, Ethanol95 said:

I was always under the impression that capacity wise Icon would be similar to Utopia, but more GT per pax ratio. And from the initial pictures of keel laying, looks to be same size if not larger than Oasis class keel. 

Very unlikely Icon will have higher passenger space ratio than O class, nor wider beam than O class.