Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

On 4/6/2022 at 3:02 PM, Jumping Cruiser said:

In Michael’s interview, he also announced that Miami would be Icon’s homeport. Looks like it may just be a TA from Southampton, possibly with trade/media events in UK and New York.

I wonder how often she has to refuel for a 7 day cruise. Looks like a 48 hour trip for LNG barge to get from Savanah to Miami

14 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I wonder how often she has to refuel for a 7 day cruise. Looks like a 48 hour trip for LNG barge to get from Savanah to Miami

Not sure if I'm comparing apples to apples but Mardi Gras has enough LNG to get them thru a 14 day cruise 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, dalee21860 said:

Not sure if I'm comparing apples to apples but Mardi Gras has enough LNG to get them thru a 14 day cruise 

That´s the same for AIDAnova/AIDAcosma or Costa Smeralda/Toscana. The fuel tanks are good for 14 days.

steamboats

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

Any updates on the ship, its bow, the big ball, seeing renderings, etc?

The ship is taking shape. More pieces added recently. the hull is light blue. 😄

No sign of the bow. There is something incoming this week though.

Although the sphere is nowhere to be seen, I have spotted the block that it will be siting on. 😎 

Renderings - zip

3 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

The ship is taking shape. More pieces added recently. the hull is light blue. 😄

No sign of the bow. There is something incoming this week though.

Although the sphere is nowhere to be seen, I have spotted the block that it will be siting on. 😎 

Renderings - zip

Any photo updates that can be shared here? 
Light blue hull! Had no idea 😃. You are too funny 😂
So there will be  zip line? Quote from “Rendering - zip”. Lol 😆 

From pictures I saw on FB the other day, looks like Icon may have similar number of side balcony decks like Oasis or Quantum Class? 

18 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Any photo updates that can be shared here? 
Light blue hull! Had no idea 😃. You are too funny 😂
So there will be  zip line? Quote from “Rendering - zip”. Lol 😆 

From pictures I saw on FB the other day, looks like Icon may have similar number of side balcony decks like Oasis or Quantum Class? 

Update: We can see that the Icon will have stabilizers. Well, one for sure anyhow. 😜

📷 Sergey Morgun

170224549_8copy.thumb.jpg.5a7c3a87a02d1f6fc6f5e4bfada95b1e.jpg

2064373855_9.thumb.jpg.4f03a3621af064b25c26742f0e60949f.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello everybody, I am new around here, however I am no stranger to the Icon Project as I have a very close family member who has been working on the project for the last 5 years and I have been told that RC have ordered equipment for an Aqua-Theater and an Ice Show. So my concept of this is that Icon Of The Seas is in fact a smaller Oasis Class vessel.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Nathan Graveson said:

Hello everybody, I am new around here, however I am no stranger to the Icon Project as I have a very close family member who has been working on the project for the last 5 years and I have been told that RC have ordered equipment for an Aqua-Theater and an Ice Show. So my concept of this is that Icon Of The Seas is in fact a smaller Oasis Class vessel.

Yup. From what I have heard, it has an Oasis-class feel, with a few exceptions.

Edited by Tough as Leather
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Greater or less than 231,000 GT. Lloyd answer will be, yes I agree 😀

Spot on. 😜

11 minutes ago, Tough as Leather said:

👍 But I have the feeling that you have more than just heard.🤨 

Ok. here's a visual clue for you. 😜

visual hint lol.jpg

• Like 1

The next new Royal Caribbean International cruise ship is heading to North America in 2023.

Set for a fall delivery, the Icon of the Seas will be sailing in the Caribbean, according to Michael Bayley, Royal Caribbean International’s president and CEO.

Additional deployment details will be revealed at a later date, with itineraries going into sale 12 to 18 months before the ship’s first cruise, he added during a press conference in Miami Beach on Monday.

The company currently operates from all key Florida homeports including Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral and Tampa. 

First in a new class of LNG-powered cruise ships, the Icon of the Seas is currently under construction at the Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland.

In October, the vessel received its two 307-ton LNG fuel tank, which, according to Royal Caribbean, are the largest in the entire cruise industry.

Royal Caribbean previously said that the 5,000-passenger ship will “make waves” with a mix of innovations and adventures “cruising’s never seen before.”

Royal Caribbean’s New Icon of the Seas to Sail in the Caribbean - Cruise Industry News

• Thanks 1