Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

MBS pool was AMAZING! We were there 4 years ago this week for my birthday. Did a RC Sailing on Mariner of the Seas from Singapore to Thailand and Malaysia and back to Singapore where we stayed at the MBS for a few nights before flying to Bangkok ❤️ 

Edited by CanobieFan
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, CanobieFan said:

MBS pool was AMAZING! We were there 4 years ago this week for my birthday. Did a RC Sailing on Mariner of the Seas from Singapore to Thailand and Malaysia and back to Singapore where we stayed at the MBS for a few nights before flying to Bangkok ❤️ 

Glad you enjoyed Mariner and Singapore, she's one of my favourites too!

On 2/26/2022 at 3:04 PM, ptf2009 said:

Let's just hope RC doesn't ruin this new class with entertainment like "The Book" and Tap dancers. And maybe, just maybe, they will turn down the volume in all the venues...pool deck included. 😎

Happy Cruising everyone!

Different Strokes. We loved Tap Factory & The Book on Odyssey, all three times. Looking forward to them at then end of this month again.

However, I will say that I miss there being a big Broadway show. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

It will be many months after.

You really think it will be months? We have been waiting 5 1/2 years for information, you would think they would not put it off too much longer since it will be delivered late next year, and they would want to start selling it. UGH! I know I am just being impatient.

32 minutes ago, Mikew0805 said:

You really think it will be months? We have been waiting 5 1/2 years for information, you would think they would not put it off too much longer since it will be delivered late next year, and they would want to start selling it. UGH! I know I am just being impatient.

Impatient is my middle name. 😜

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yeah, we are looking at a Nov 23-Feb 24 cruise and would consider Icon. Don't want to wait and Icon not be in the Caribbean, and miss out on the cabins we'd want. But also don't want to book something else then Icon be a better choice. 

12 hours ago, fsjosh said:

Yeah, we are looking at a Nov 23-Feb 24 cruise and would consider Icon. Don't want to wait and Icon not be in the Caribbean, and miss out on the cabins we'd want. But also don't want to book something else then Icon be a better choice. 

I hear you, I couldn't wait, booked Oasis last night!

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 1:56 PM, Lloyd555 said:

Not really. Some bow rumours. That's it.

I'd expect with an all-new ship design they'd be looking at the most effecient design around,  hydrodynamically speaking. wondering if we'll see an X bow or an inverted bow ?

NCL seem to be heading in this direction with the Prima.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2022 at 5:00 PM, Mikew0805 said:

Different Strokes. We loved Tap Factory & The Book on Odyssey, all three times. Looking forward to them at then end of this month again.

However, I will say that I miss there being a big Broadway show. 

Happy that you enjoyed them. We thought the Book was soooo weird and so was the Tap Factory. The entertainment on the Odyssey the week we were on it was not up to RC standards. Ship is beautiful...just wish they would turn down the volume...our poor ears!!!!

54 minutes ago, ptf2009 said:

Happy that you enjoyed them. We thought the Book was soooo weird and so was the Tap Factory. The entertainment on the Odyssey the week we were on it was not up to RC standards. Ship is beautiful...just wish they would turn down the volume...our poor ears!!!!

Yeah we heard a few people say that about The Book.

On 3/8/2022 at 8:12 AM, Lloyd555 said:

The keel laying ceremony stage is set up. We may see something on the Press Center page soon . 😄

Well, the stage is gone. They must have had the ceremony.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Well, the stage is gone. They must have had the ceremony.

That was quick and quiet. Maybe RCI Press will share some details. They probably barred any photographers from publishing anything at the time until they are ready for an official announcement.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

That was quick and quiet. Maybe RCI Press will share some details. They probably barred any photographers from publishing anything at the time until they are ready for an official announcement.

I have recent images from the yard, but there has been issues/concerns with the sharing of Janne-Petteri Kumpulainen's photos, so I am hesitant to continue doing so.

I hope that everyone here is also following the build on FB in my Icon of the Seas group.