Icon of the Seas Blocks Are In The House!

8 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

I have recent images from the yard, but there has been issues/concerns with the sharing of Janne-Petteri Kumpulainen's photos, so I am hesitant to continue doing so.

I hope that everyone here is also following the build on FB in my Icon of the Seas group.

Thanks I can understand. Is there a link to your Facebook? Thanks 

• Like 1

This was posted in the RC Un Blog

Quote:

Mr. Schneider indicated that the public will finally hear more about Icon of the Seas in the April or May timeframe, "We go to market on Icon in the next two months."

"Over the next two months, you'll hear us talk publicly about the size of the ship, the number of passengers, the neighborhoods."

That's right, Icon of the Seas will retain the neighborhood concept from the Oasis Class ships, but Mr. Schneider hinted that may be the only traditional aspect of the ship, as they intend to innovate beyond what the Oasis Class offered.

"Everything you'll see on icon will will be an evolution or revolution. And and we'll push forward again us being the at the top of the mantle on the ultimate family vacation."

End Quote:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

This was posted in the RC Un Blog

Quote:

Mr. Schneider indicated that the public will finally hear more about Icon of the Seas in the April or May timeframe, "We go to market on Icon in the next two months."

"Over the next two months, you'll hear us talk publicly about the size of the ship, the number of passengers, the neighborhoods."

That's right, Icon of the Seas will retain the neighborhood concept from the Oasis Class ships, but Mr. Schneider hinted that may be the only traditional aspect of the ship, as they intend to innovate beyond what the Oasis Class offered.

"Everything you'll see on icon will will be an evolution or revolution. And and we'll push forward again us being the at the top of the mantle on the ultimate family vacation."

End Quote:

Thanks for posting.  I missed this latest post.

• Like 1

• Administrators
20 hours ago, gmerick said:

I'm complaining.  I enjoy reading about all things cruise here on CC.  Now we have people siphoning off CC users to private FaceBook groups.  Why not share with everyone here.  If there's issues with posting someone else's pictures, that is still an issue whether or not it's on a FaceBook page or here on CC.  If there are digital rights issues here, they still are issues on FaceBook.

Please quit dividing the community.  Don't tease us with telling about content we cannot share in appreciating.

I agree which I'm sure doesn't surprise you all.  We really have no problem with sharing great cruise content, but harvesting our members isn't allowed.  Please stop.

With regard to photos that are cross posted, if the COPYRIGHT OWNER writes to us (at community@cruisecritic.com), we'll take action.  But please, don't report photos that you don't own the copyright to...think that through a bit. 

• Thanks 2

"Dividing the community" is hilarious.

Ok.. really getting impatient with RCI and the lack of information regarding Icon. We are likely within 20 months of inaugural sailing and..... nothing! 6 years of nothing! 

As someone said above after seeing pics of Wonder's first sailing, I would love to have been on the inaugural as well. I would have been on Wonder had it not been for too many others booked in this time frame. However, then there is the issue of all the shows not running, the "shower" on promenade (although it really was no big deal) and makes me wonder, if waiting for a few months is actually better. 

I was on the third sailing of Odyssey, but that ship had been all over the world by the time it got to Port Everglades.. 🤣  so there were no problems. The main show though, was not launched until a few months into sailing. I wonder if that is going to be a trend going forward, or maybe it was just a result of coming out of this global shutdown?

1 hour ago, Mikew0805 said:

However, then there is the issue of all the shows not running, the "shower" on promenade (although it really was no big deal) and makes me wonder, if waiting for a few months is actually better. 

New ships and especially a new class ship is bound to have issues on the first few sailings.

2 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

Looked like there was a tow rope behind the trailer that had the engine on it attached to the truck behind the trailer? What was that for?

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Looked like there was a tow rope behind the trailer that had the engine on it attached to the truck behind the trailer? What was that for?

They use 2 trucks  for extra  pulling power, one pulling and one pushing  with a draw bar

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sowhat said:

They use 2 trucks  for extra  pulling power, one pulling and one pushing  with a draw bar

Wonder how that works when the  front guy puts on the brakes and the back guy doesn't? oops!

Just now, John&LaLa said:

I'm guessing brake lights are required in Finland 🇫🇮 

But still, guess you better not be on your cell phone while driving that truck on the back.

I guess I watch to much of that show on the weather channel with those wreckers on Alaska pushing and pulling anything up and down icy roads and pulling trailers up after falling off cliffs.

Lord knows they had enough wheels on that trailer...........wouldn't think it would take much to pull that engine on a trailer in a low gear to get started.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

But still, guess you better not be on your cell phone while driving that truck on the back.

I guess I watch to much of that show on the weather channel with those wreckers on Alaska pushing and pulling anything up and down icy roads and pulling trailers up after falling off cliffs.

Lord knows they had enough wheels on that trailer...........wouldn't think it would take much to pull that engine on a trailer in a low gear to get started.

FWIW, I passed trucks on FL Turnpike today driving that close at 75 mph. Granted they were not attached, but they were going 10 times faster. Gotta pay attention in that line of work.

Cell phones are not an option.

9 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

FWIW, I passed trucks on FL Turnpike today driving that close at 75 mph. Granted they were not attached, but they were going 10 times faster. Gotta pay attention in that line of work.

Cell phones are not an option.

Some don't though, wrong turn..............

Rig crashes off Pa. highway, blocks road below | wnep.com

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Some don't though, wrong turn..............

Rig crashes off Pa. highway, blocks road below | wnep.com

Sure, but I'd guess more cars run into trucks than trucks run into each other.

My favorite truck mishaps are trailers hitting tops of bridges

• Like 2