Just Boarded Summit Penthouse Suite 6147

goldsmip115

30 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think those lamps on the night stand look like a holder with a roll of tp on it?

Now who says it's form over function🙂

I think I saw your posting on who the Retreat concierge's were.  Did you post who the Suite Manager is?

Edited by wrk2cruise

23 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Now who says it's form over function🙂

I think I saw your posting on who the Retreat concierge's were.  Did you post who the Suite Manager is?

On our March 30 cruise, Joanna was the Suite Manager and Jess was the Retreat Concierge. 

3 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Is it just me or does anyone else think those lamps on the night stand look like a holder with a roll of tp on it?

Oh my goodness I thought the exact same thing! I thought why is there toilet paper on the nightstand! Foo funny!   

23 hours ago, philpcruiser said:

I'm curious why they would remove the dressing area and put in more closets.  I thought there were way more closets than we could ever use before the revolution.  The dressing area was very useful.

I share that curiosity.  Although I believe dear Ms. Hoppen eliminated one of the closets in the MBR and put in shelves to display her endless supply of knick knacks.  We used the dressing table all the time.  Would be nice if the desk in the MBR could be used as a desk instead of a dressing table.

The desk can absolutely be used that way.  You just need to have the butler help to sort out the plug adaptor.  There are two drawers in the desk to store things.  I went up to the Oceanview Cafe for lunch since Luminae is closed.  It is unrecognizable in a very positive way.  It is so light and airy.  Love the layout and the flow.  Food was all excellent.  All 6 of us raved about everything we ate.  The lemon and blackberry sorbet at the ice cream counter was great!  Carved chicken breast and grilled pork chops excellent.  Great salad choices other than no red beets.  Friends said pizza and pasta were both excellent as well.  I observed officers walking around checking on everything and politely calling over staff to refill something if needed.  That was impressive.

also, one other observation about the suite.  The shower in the full second bathroom is lovely, but there is no place to put the full sized Bigelow products in the shower.  They are currently sitting on the sink vanity.  Not a big deal because we are not using the second shower, but hopefully they will rectify this.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Want2Cruise 701 said:

On our March 30 cruise, Joanna was the Suite Manager and Jess was the Retreat Concierge. 

Joanna was there on our Jan 29th cruise and I was hoping she is still there at the end of May when we sail again.

7 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

I didn’t realize that it was a lamp.  I thought it was TP there for convenience. 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

4 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

I share that curiosity.  Although I believe dear Ms. Hoppen eliminated one of the closets in the MBR and put in shelves to display her endless supply of knick knacks.  We used the dressing table all the time.  Would be nice if the desk in the MBR could be used as a desk instead of a dressing table.

They eliminated those large cabinets on either side of the bed though with smaller versions so storage was lost and needed to be made up somewhere. The original design only had one set of drawers in the closet.  Most people I imagine would like to have all their clothes in the closet area instead of split between closet and side cabinets so this works better IMO.

• Like 1

Wait til the first really rough sailing and those stupid knickknacks go flying everywhere, god forbid they gonk someone in the head.

Not only did I see the TP in the lamp, but one other free standing (vase?) looked like a paper towel roll.

But I'm curious about the outlets in most cabins...did they get rid of the "mostly" US outlets in favor of more of a mix?  I can actually understand that since they have an international clientele, but I would hope there would be enough US outlets to be able to plug in everything we need to plug in.

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Joanna was there on our Jan 29th cruise and I was hoping she is still there at the end of May when we sail again.

On our April 6th Summit cruise, Joanna was the suite manager and Rhiannon and Mike were the suite concierges. They rotated between the Retreat Lounge and the Retreat Sundeck. 

22 hours ago, goldsmip115 said:

The desk can absolutely be used that way.  You just need to have the butler help to sort out the plug adaptor.  There are two drawers in the desk to store things.  I went up to the Oceanview Cafe for lunch since Luminae is closed.  It is unrecognizable in a very positive way.  It is so light and airy.  Love the layout and the flow.  Food was all excellent.  All 6 of us raved about everything we ate.  The lemon and blackberry sorbet at the ice cream counter was great!  Carved chicken breast and grilled pork chops excellent.  Great salad choices other than no red beets.  Friends said pizza and pasta were both excellent as well.  I observed officers walking around checking on everything and politely calling over staff to refill something if needed.  That was impressive.

also, one other observation about the suite.  The shower in the full second bathroom is lovely, but there is no place to put the full sized Bigelow products in the shower.  They are currently sitting on the sink vanity.  Not a big deal because we are not using the second shower, but hopefully they will rectify this.

I guess I wasn't clear in my post.  I would prefer that the desk be a desk and that there be an additional vanity.  One person might be working while another is prepping at the vanity.  

18 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

They eliminated those large cabinets on either side of the bed though with smaller versions so storage was lost and needed to be made up somewhere. The original design only had one set of drawers in the closet.  Most people I imagine would like to have all their clothes in the closet area instead of split between closet and side cabinets so this works better IMO.

There were also multiple drawers in the dressing room area.

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There were also multiple drawers in the dressing room area.

That’s what I meant when I said in the closet. There were only drawers in one of the closets in the dressing area. It was not enough for two people.

There re now 2 drawers in each nightable in the MBR and other newly added drawers in one of the new closets where the dressing area was located.  In addition, there is also a very large desk in the living room that can be used for work.  It has two outlets.  There is now also an outlet in the butlers pantry.

B934395A-85B9-46DD-B258-73DE76C3D450.jpeg

6C3AB2FA-CED6-4174-9AA5-D10C8C8A2158.jpeg

Thanks for all the pictures and info.  It looks to me as if there is plenty of closet, drawer, and cabinet space in the PH.  I don't think anyone should be concerned about this issue anymore!  Again, thanks.

I don’t think anyone should have a single concern at this point other than the fact that there is currently no shelf for the large Bigelow bottles in the second bath shower.  This may be remedied before we return for 11 nights on June 5th.  I loved the suite prior to the renovation, but this is so far superior on so many levels.  I was prepared to be disappointed but it has far exceeded my expectations.  Oh, the living room sofas are a bit too firm.  But, oh, those verandah loungers and huge clamshell.  Glorious for napping!

too tired tonight.  Tuscan Grill and QSine reviews and some pictures tomorrow.

• Like 2