Just Boarded Summit Penthouse Suite 6147

goldsmip115

We had Cesar on the Eclipse when in a Sky Suite.  He was very accommodating and great. 

We didn't really utilize him much and I think he felt bad about it but we like to do stuff for ourselves and not have someone do something that we can do.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

2 hours ago, JFontaine said:

If you don't mind, I would love to see a photo of the old dressing room area between the bedroom and the bathroom.  I think it is the only part of this cabin that has not had a photo published. Thank you.

This is what it looked like pre-renovation in January.

ABDDD7B9-9AAD-4FB1-8943-EA06B65B9271.jpeg

C8BEF7DA-C373-43C1-940F-A464DE2E7F18.jpeg

OK all. I have not abandoned this thread.  Starting at 10:30 this morning the internet was down across the entire ship.  It just started coming back now.  The concierge stated that it was determined to be an issue with the US satellite that communicates with the ship, not a ship issue.  OK, so be it.  Again, this is a charter so there are some things that I cannot answer.  Let me first give you general observations about the day and the ship.  Overall, I continue to be very impressed with the ship and the “edgification” with what I have seen.  The theatre is fantastic.  Not a bad seat in the house!  The ship smells very new and is refreshed without compromising many of the best aspects of what I remember.

please understand that I am sailing to enjoy the suite, the warm weather and finer dining and to chill from a very demanding professional position and responsibility.  We have enjoyed many cruises, over 40, and most of those with the ladies of Olivia.  Most of our Olivia cruises have been with HAL in either the Neptune or Pinnacle Suites.  My prior Celebrity cruises have been on Mercury in the Royal or Penthouse suites and then most recently on the Summit in this Penthouse Suite last year on a non-charter.

i continue to be very impressed with Luminae and the dining experience.  Pictures and menus to follow as long as the internet cooperates.  I continue to be underwhelmed with the sommelier and the wine choices of a good zin.  Tonight, on top of having the premium beverage package, we paid $70 for a bottle of zin blend.  It was 2016 and just so-so.  Maggie would have done much better.  One thing I am learning is that since this is a repositioning cruise from San Juan to Bayonne they are out of numerous things such as vitamin water zero orange.  It also seems to be the case for some red wines.  Perhaps other things.  I heard rumblings about good scotch.

i am going to post this and see if internet is still working....to be continued

• Like 1

Before I start trying to post pictures let me return to the Penthouse Suite.  I absolutely continue to love it and the new decor.  There are a few minor exceptions and one more significant exception.  First, the positives.  It is bright, light, clean, exceptional drawer and shelf and closet space.  The 2nd full bath has a much more functional sink with more space around the sink as opposed to just a pedestal.  For those of you that sail with a 3rd or 4th passenger (we are not) the drawer space and shelf and closet space outside of the master suite is amazing!  I am told by the butler that the sleeper sofa is a king bed.  We will find out in June as we are back in this same suite for 11 nights with a 3rd passenger.  

The AC seems much better throughout the entire suite.  Now, for all the critics, self included..,.the furniture really works and looks good with a few exceptions.  Exceptions in the next paragraph. The indoor dining table chairs have cream LEATHER seats.  They seem fine.  I have not used the bench seating.  All of the KH coral and vases look very nice in the suite and anything is easily repositioned due to the huge amount of space.  The sectional sofa is very firm and not terribly comfortable.  But, it is not by any means awful with respect to material nor color.  Just know it is very firm.  On the verandah, I actually like the long rectangular seating and table.  At first I thought that the tabletop was already showing signs of wear and staining.  Then I realized that it is just a white marble look.  The rest of the verandah furniture is much nicer and far more comfortable.

Up next....one minor and one larger issue with the PS....

So on to the minor and soon fixed issue with the PS.  I am only mentioning this because, quite frankly, there seem to be too many overly critical people who sail in the top suites and expect total perfection.  The minor issue is that some of the interior door hardware has not been changed out YET.  Thus, you still have some of the interior door hardware that is the old well worn gold and some that is the new lovely chrome.  For anyone that is blessed enough to sail in this suite please get over it!

now, for me, the one larger issue is power plugs.  For those of us that have been fortunate enough to sail in the suite we already knew that there were NO plugs in the palatial master bath nor in the second bath.  That has not changed.  But, we also knew that the dressing area outside of the master bath had a plug or two.  That area is now gone.  I just discovered tonight that there is a power plug in one of the new closets where the dressing area used to be but it is not useful.  There is a power plug on one side of the bed in the master with some sort of confusing adaptor plug in it.  I plugged my hairdryer into it tonight and it totally fried the hairdryer.  The only useful plug that I have found thus far in the entire master suite is on the other side of the bed if you unplug the bedside lamp.  There is a similar adaptor thing on the desk in the master bedroom (which now is the dressing table with a mirror above) but I am afraid to use it.  There are still two plugs on the desk in the living room.  Before I post pictures I have a big favor to ask of you that are soon going to scream and ***** about the tragedy of the power plug situation.  Just remember how fortunate you will be to sail in this magnificent suite.  Make it work!  Get over it!  Be grateful!  I know that I am for every moment that I get to spend not only in this magnificent suite but on this earth with the blessing of relatively good health, wonderful friends and the blessing of being the CEO of a great organization.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, goldsmip115 said:

So on to the minor and soon fixed issue with the PS.  I am only mentioning this because, quite frankly, there seem to be too many overly critical people who sail in the top suites and expect total perfection.  The minor issue is that some of the interior door hardware has not been changed out YET.  Thus, you still have some of the interior door hardware that is the old well worn gold and some that is the new lovely chrome.  For anyone that is blessed enough to sail in this suite please get over it!

now, for me, the one larger issue is power plugs.  For those of us that have been fortunate enough to sail in the suite we already knew that there were NO plugs in the palatial master bath nor in the second bath.  That has not changed.  But, we also knew that the dressing area outside of the master bath had a plug or two.  That area is now gone.  I just discovered tonight that there is a power plug in one of the new closets where the dressing area used to be but it is not useful.  There is a power plug on one side of the bed in the master with some sort of confusing adaptor plug in it.  I plugged my hairdryer into it tonight and it totally fried the hairdryer.  The only useful plug that I have found thus far in the entire master suite is on the other side of the bed if you unplug the bedside lamp.  There is a similar adaptor thing on the desk in the master bedroom (which now is the dressing table with a mirror above) but I am afraid to use it.  There are still two plugs on the desk in the living room.  Before I post pictures I have a big favor to ask of you that are soon going to scream and ***** about the tragedy of the power plug situation.  Just remember how fortunate you will be to sail in this magnificent suite.  Make it work!  Get over it!  Be grateful!  I know that I am for every moment that I get to spend not only in this magnificent suite but on this earth with the blessing of relatively good health, wonderful friends and the blessing of being the CEO of a great organization.

That outlet situation was really aggravating. There was an unexpected outlet I discovered on the last day of my cruise inside at the back of the cabinet next to the bed. This was pre-renovation though so I'm not sure if that cabinet is still there.