Just Boarded Summit Penthouse Suite 6147

goldsmip115

Love it! Was just in the Penthouse in January before the refurb. These updates look great. That they took the piano and that dressing table out were good choices. Not sure when we’ll ever be in this cabin again though as the pricing has just gone bananas lately. 

• Like 2

Just back from dinner in Luminae.  We had dinner for 8.  Service and food were both outstanding.  However, the sommelier and drink service was a bit disappointing.  We had Maggie as the sommelier on our last cruise and she spoiled us forever.  The restaurant from 6-8:30 was at most 1/4 at capacity.  Again, this is a charter cruise.  We are in a Penthouse and all of our dinner companions were in Royal  Suites.  None of our sea passes indicated any beverage package, let alone the premium one.  They took our sea passes and put cheap stickers on them.  Very tacky, but maybe this is due to the charter.  

Only other observation for now now is that they have put a solid metal divider between the 2 penthouse suites as opposed to the old frosted glass.  That is very nice, but the divider is at least 12” up from the bottom of the deck floor.  Not a big deal.  Still trying to sort getting vitamin water zero in the suite.  Celebrity does not do pre-cruise concierge service for charters.  I continue to be very impressed by the suite.  There is a full length mirror on the wall in the prior dressing area.  Where the vanity used to be is now all closets and drawers.

• Like 4

Thanks for posting.  When you have a moment can you please post the names of both the Retreat Concierge and the Retreat (Suite) Manager?   (I'm presuming they re-named Michael's Club to The Retreat!).  Enjoy your cruise and get the ship safely to Bayonne!!

In a few weeks we're going to be in SS 6145 right next door - can you take a peek around the balcony partition and see what kind of furniture is on that veranda?  

And Cesar will probably be our Butler, too, so any info/helpful hints (first time for us) would be appreciated.

Thanks.

6 hours ago, Aralim said:

I'm assuming this is the butler's pantry? Forgive my ignorance, but why a full refrigerator / freezer unit? I don't see a galley there for a butler to privately cook anything, so I'm wondering what they would store in there besides some bottles of white wine?

Yes, this is the butler's pantry.  You might keep all sorts of things in the refrigerator.  Your butler could bring you fresh-squeezed oj, a shrimp platter, many other things.  Leftovers after you have a party.  Best of all, it has an icemaker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We used the dressing table a lot.  Has it been relocated in another area or just eliminated?

Glad to hear you're liking it.  We have 28 days booked next year and were getting nervous.  And thrilled to hear they're tossing those silly milk crates on the balcony.  Really?  What was that woman thinking?

7 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Love the pictures and following along.  How far in advance do you have to book the PH?  I keep looking for one on our next 2 sailings, or even moving to Summit for a Panama Canal cruise in 2020.  Seems like I would have to sit on the computer the day new itineraries open up to snag one.

There's still one available on my May 17 Solstice cruise to Alaska next month.  Amazing.  Of course, it's not an M class PH, but still pretty nice.  They are tough to get.  We were waitlisted on the 2020 Panama Canal cruises so long we just gave up.  Snagged 6148 for a B2B Iceland/Greenland cruise instead.

First morning report.  Calm seas and warm breezes.  The bed is very firm, but very comfortable.  The AC continues to work beautifully.  To answer some questions, there is a large desk in the bedroom that could be used as a dressing area, I believe.  While is miss that dressing area very much, the amount of drawer and closet space in this suite in amazing.  I am a very, very heavy packer and there are many empty drawers and closets in the suite.

warmwinds, I am sad to report that the furniture is the adjacent verandah is woefully lacking.  I am going to post two pictures that I took through the small crack in the verandah partition.  There is only a loveseat and two tiny chairs and a tiny table and a small cube with a KH plant on it.

32D3D5B7-2CC0-4EDF-ACD0-AC754DED53B2.jpeg

6B1603D9-F481-4B51-9F38-A7594B1CDD4F.jpeg

That's weird.  I'm positive I posted my thoughts about "our" deck furniture (Pictures in #38 above), but it never got posted.  I guess it's best left unsaid.  A picture is worth a thousand words, anyway.

But thank you, Goldsmip,  for taking the time and effort to do that.

Edited by warmwinds

20 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Love the pictures and following along.  How far in advance do you have to book the PH?  I keep looking for one on our next 2 sailings, or even moving to Summit for a Panama Canal cruise in 2020.  Seems like I would have to sit on the computer the day new itineraries open up to snag one.

Watch closely as the final payment date gets near. Many staterooms are released shortly before final payment and it could be that a Penthouse will be among them. You may also call Celebrity and see about getting on a wait list for openings, or maybe a travel agent could take care of it. We got lucky a few years ago by moving from a Celebrity suite to a Royal suite from a wait list. Not sure if they do this anymore, however.

I would love to know how the storage is outside of the bedroom. There will be four of us in the penthouse in August. Are the closets in the hallway near the butlers pantry still there? Are there any drawers available in the living room? Thank you so much for your report.

20 minutes ago, st5310 said:

Your photos are exquisite, thank you for sending them.  What (and where) is a "butler's pantry?"  Is it inside the room?  I, too, was curious about the refrigerator.

Yes, the butlers pantry is a room inside the PH with access through a door in the hallway.  This hallway also has the master bedroom doorway, the 2nd bathroom and extra closets.

The butler also can enter the pantry from another door that is in the outside hallway. This is a nice touch in this suite as he can enter in the morning and leave coffee and pastries without disturbing you if you like to sleep in.

1 minute ago, CruisersTimesThree said:

Yes, the butlers pantry is a room inside the PH with access through a door in the hallway.  This hallway also has the master bedroom doorway, the 2nd bathroom and extra closets.

The butler also can enter the pantry from another door that is in the outside hallway. This is a nice touch in this suite as he can enter in the morning and leave coffee and pastries without disturbing you if you like to sleep in.

A Penthouse is a bit above my pay grade, but sounds awesome.  Thanks.