How much are mixed drinks and beer without package on Norwegian Escape???

cruizinchik

Hi everyone. My husband and I booked the Norwegian Escape heading to Bermuda in October. We're looking forward to it! But because we are making one of our rooms in our home a bathroom we wanted to stay within a certain budget for our vacation this year. We opted to choose the balcony that didn't offer any of the "free perks" because it was a price difference of $1,000. We are still looking to have some drinks on the boat(obviously) but was wondering what the prices would be for mixed drinks and beer?

The prices from the link post above are pretty accurate, but also remember the bill will show a 20% auto-gratuity as well. Your $6.95 beer will end up costing you about $8.30 with auto tip.

I know you only mentioned beer and liquor, but if you drink wine at all you are allowed to carry on as many bottles as you'd like with a $15 charge per bottle for a "corkage fee". This is probably the cheapest way to drink without the drink package, however you have to be okay with drinking wine all week!

• Like 2

On 5/3/2019 at 12:45 PM, hladygirl said:

Just off the gem today. Mimosa was $13.14 after gratuity. I thought that was outrageous. A gin and tonic was$15. Soda $4.14. Also the price of drinks varied from bar to bar.

Yes the price of drinks is outrageous. This is so they can justify the outrageous  cost of the drink package!

Thanks so much everyone, this was very helpful! We are purchasing the soda package. Because we will be at Bermuda 3 days and we are beach people for those 3 days we won't be drinking and still can't picture spending the $1,000 on alcohol the rest of the days.

On 5/2/2019 at 11:13 PM, BirdTravels said:

From last month on the Escape. All things Escape can be found on our live post from last month. 

894550C3-FF1B-4380-903A-6A4C31234F47.jpeg

EAADFE71-56E3-4630-B622-C74967E94F30.jpeg

28C2FEC7-BFDE-4410-B899-04FF18B69FDA.jpeg

2BEC5E3A-00FF-448B-8FCD-56C02A087AB0.jpeg

5675E547-CA38-4A2F-AF98-F3CB4B0033F0.jpeg

EABBB29D-A71D-40CB-A220-522257D17816.jpeg

My husband and I have the UBP for the NCL Encore cruise to Bermuda April 2020. With the drinks menu listed above, does this mean, for example, i choose to drink Mr. Worldwide, am I paying for that outright or is that covered under the UBP? We also handled all gratuities ahead of time when we booked and payed for cruise in full. Just asking since it will be our first cruise. TIA for any info.

6 minutes ago, noelea626 said:

My husband and I have the UBP for the NCL Encore cruise to Bermuda April 2020. With the drinks menu listed above, does this mean, for example, i choose to drink Mr. Worldwide, am I paying for that outright or is that covered under the UBP? We also handled all gratuities ahead of time when we booked and payed for cruise in full. Just asking since it will be our first cruise. TIA for any info.

Mr Worldwide is fully covered under the UBP. Only drinks over $15 aren't covered and even then, you only pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference. So, if you ordered a $16 drink, you would pay $1.20.

PS: Mr Worldwide is my favorite drink on NCL!!!

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Mr Worldwide is fully covered under the UBP. Only drinks over $15 aren't covered and even then, you only pay the difference plus 20% gratuity on the difference. So, if you ordered a $16 drink, you would pay $1.20.

PS: Mr Worldwide is my favorite drink on NCL!!!

Thank you Jamie for the information. Myself, my husband, my two kids, my mom, dad, sister, her son, my aunt and uncle are all taking the NCL Encore cruise in April of 2020 out of NYC to Bermuda and it will be our first. I am so excited I cannot wait. We also booked an 11 day on the Gem for January of 2021. Just trying to get as much info as possible as this will be our first.

3 minutes ago, noelea626 said:

Thank you Jamie for the information. Myself, my husband, my two kids, my mom, dad, sister, her son, my aunt and uncle are all taking the NCL Encore cruise in April of 2020 out of NYC to Bermuda and it will be our first. I am so excited I cannot wait. We also booked an 11 day on the Gem for January of 2021. Just trying to get as much info as possible as this will be our first.

There is a VERY high likelihood we will be on that sailing with you or on the week after. We were scheduled to be on the Encore Transatlantic in November, but the itinerary changed didn't appeal to us, so we re-booked the Encore for December out of Miami, but then we ended up switching that to the Bliss 12-day sailing out of NYC on the same day. So now we are looking for future Encore sailings and the first few cruises out of NYC, since that's an easier port for us to sail out of.

4 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

There is a VERY high likelihood we will be on that sailing with you or on the week after. We were scheduled to be on the Encore Transatlantic in November, but the itinerary changed didn't appeal to us, so we re-booked the Encore for December out of Miami, but then we ended up switching that to the Bliss 12-day sailing out of NYC on the same day. So now we are looking for future Encore sailings and the first few cruises out of NYC, since that's an easier port for us to sail out of.

That would be so cool if you were on the same cruise as us. We are not a shy group for sure, after all we are from NY lol. We wanted to start our first cruise off small so this 4 day to Bermuda is perfect. Sometimes the UBP can be confusing but thanks for the info. My mom and dad have the UBP for their room but my sister who is 29 and her son who is 2 are the 3rd and 4th guest so my sister does not have the UBP. Should she just pay for her drinks outright? I do not want to do anything illegal like getting her a drink on my UBP? I do not like doing anything that may cause problems.

14 minutes ago, noelea626 said:

That would be so cool if you were on the same cruise as us. We are not a shy group for sure, after all we are from NY lol. We wanted to start our first cruise off small so this 4 day to Bermuda is perfect. Sometimes the UBP can be confusing but thanks for the info. My mom and dad have the UBP for their room but my sister who is 29 and her son who is 2 are the 3rd and 4th guest so my sister does not have the UBP. Should she just pay for her drinks outright? I do not want to do anything illegal like getting her a drink on my UBP? I do not like doing anything that may cause problems.

Yes, she would pay for her drinks outright. Definitely don't give her drinks from your UBP. Even though they will serve you two at a time, if they catch you giving them to someone without the UBP, they can revoke your package AND make you pay for all of the drinks you've gotten up to that point.

1 minute ago, JamieLogical said:

Yes, she would pay for her drinks outright. Definitely don't give her drinks from your UBP. Even though they will serve you two at a time, if they catch you giving them to someone without the UBP, they can revoke your package AND make you pay for all of the drinks you've gotten up to that point.

Thanks Jamie. I will 100% tell her to pay for her drinks outright. I am not having my UBP revoked and neither is my mother. I do not like to go against anything or anyone's policies. That is just who I am. I cannot wait for this cruise to get here. April 2020 cannot come fast enough. We also booked an 11 Day on NCL Gem to the Southern Caribbean for January 2021. I already found a place to have dinner when in San Juan, PR. I like to research the places ahead of time.