Does Cheers Pkg work at Half Moon Cay?

Unfortunately, the Carnival Corporation has never set up a wireless system on HMC  to make it possible for your beverage purchases on the island to be recorded on the ship's computers. So, as stobe1 already said,  "No. Drinks on HMC are pay as you go."

Cheers unfortunately does NOT work at Half Moon Cay, and there is no outside/private bars so will pay the same price that you would paying a la carte while on the boat. Some will recommend ordering some beers from the bar in the days before arriving and asking the bartender to not open them, store them in the fridge, and then carry them off with you to the island. If your into liquor could always order shots/neat and pour it into a water bottle, carry that off and buy the soda/mixer from the bar. A couple ways to save some money if you like to bend the rules a bit.

1 hour ago, beachbum53 said:

Unfortunately, the Carnival Corporation has never set up a wireless system on HMC  to make it possible for your beverage purchases on the island to be recorded on the ship's computers. So, as stobe1 already said,  "No. Drinks on HMC are pay as you go."

I am pretty sure there is a wireless system setup on HMC.....Whether or not CCL can use it??   Anyway,  so many other islands have systems setup for recording drinks.....so why not HMC??   $$$$$$

Edited by jwjax

1 minute ago, jwjax said:

I am pretty sure there is a wireless system setup on HMC.....Whether or not CCL can use it??   Anyway,  so many other islands have systems setup for recording drinks.....so why not HMC??   $$$$$$

If there is, I've never heard of it. I know that HMC was originally developed many years ago for Holland America (also owned by Carnival). We've never cruised on Holland America, so I don't know if they have something similar to the Cheers package and Bottomless Bubbles on their ships or not. If there is indeed a wireless system  set up on the island, I would think that Carnival's ships would be making use of it when going there.  And by the way, you cannot use Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles on Grand Turk either. 

2 minutes ago, beachbum53 said:

If there is, I've never heard of it. I know that HMC was originally developed many years ago for Holland America (also owned by Carnival). We've never cruised on Holland America, so I don't know if they have something similar to the Cheers package and Bottomless Bubbles on their ships or not. If there is indeed a wireless system  set up on the island, I would think that Carnival's ships would be making use of it when going there.  And by the way, you cannot use Cheers or Bottomless Bubbles on Grand Turk either. 

Yes, there is a network setup on HMC.   CCL not using it??  Puzzling.... no $$$$ling.

I don't think I have seen any island, except maybe Gilligan's:classic_biggrin:, that did not have a network setup.

They manage to charge your sail and sign account for drinks, so you would think they would be able to either see you have cheers on the island or once the data is transferred back to the ship, that they could credit your account for the drinks.

• Like 3

On 5/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, stobe1 said:

They manage to charge your sail and sign account for drinks, so you would think they would be able to either see you have cheers on the island or once the data is transferred back to the ship, that they could credit your account for the drinks.

This topic has been debated on other threads.  Everything is done via paper and pen and there is no way to verify if you have hit your 15 drink limit with the Cheers program.  All the bartender does is right down your folio number and what the drink is that you ordered and then it's entered into the system once they get back on the ship.  If Royal and X can do it on Labadee, then Carnival should be able to do it on HMC, but they won't.

37 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

This topic has been debated on other threads.  Everything is done via paper and pen and there is no way to verify if you have hit your 15 drink limit with the Cheers program.  All the bartender does is right down your folio number and what the drink is that you ordered and then it's entered into the system once they get back on the ship.  If Royal and X can do it on Labadee, then Carnival should be able to do it on HMC, but they won't.

So no receipts to sign? No signature for verification? No bill for you to see or add a tip to?  No scanning of the card to even verify that it is your card? I'll stay on the ship.

Carnival does have a soft sided cooler for sale that comes with 4 beers, stadium cups, opener and coozies for $40....not a bad deal really considering you get a cooler.  I realize it's not the same as the Cheers package but as a previous poster mentioned, you can sometimes get unopened beers (and then put them in the newly purchased cooler)

On 5/1/2019 at 1:44 PM, stobe1 said:

They can do it,  CCL chooses $$ over everything else.      And there is a network on HMC, CCL chooses to use the $$ (cash) method to collect more revenue on the islands they visit.   Just check for the wiring and sat dishes while in port.  You will see that unless it is a desert island  like "Gilligans" ,  they are all wired these days....😎

• Like 1

If they wanted to do it, they could.  There is no financial incentive for Carnival to make the drink packages available on HMC.  It's a money maker for them for people to pay for drinks.  The thing is, HMC is such a perfect beach day that I definitely wouldn't stay on the ship because of it.  If I had the Cheers package, I would either get a couple bottles of beers ahead of time or pour a drink into a tumbler and take it off of the ship with me. 

The water at HMC is beautiful.  I took a picture from the beach the last time I was there.  It was so perfect it looked like something out of a magazine.

Edited by TNcruising02
  • Like 1

Just now, Cobrakev said:

Really please explain your response.

The Cheers package entitles you to 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non alcoholic drinks each day from 600-559 AM.

Those drinks purchased on HMC or on board the ship for friends are charged to your account, which is totally separate from Cheers.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

The Cheers package entitles you to 15 alcoholic drinks and unlimited non alcoholic drinks each day from 600-559 AM.

Those drinks purchased on HMC or on board the ship for friends are charged to your account, which is totally separate from Cheers.

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

See that s where YOU are wrong. You get 15 alcoholic drinks a day, whether you buy them on cheers package or just out right in HMC. So if you buy 5 in HMC you only get 10 when you get back on board.

Alcohol purchased on HMC absolutely does not count toward your 15 limit. 

as to OP, bring a funnel and get drinks the night or morning before and funnel into a water bottle to bring to HMC. Last cruise I brought tequila this way to HMC, but you would do vodka or rum and get mixers from the buffet. 

Edited by pohlerbear

10 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

Alcohol purchased on HMC absolutely does not count toward your 15 limit. 

as to OP, bring a funnel and get drinks the night or morning before and funnel into a water bottle to bring to HMC. Last cruise I brought tequila this way to HMC, but you would do vodka or rum and get mixers from the buffet. 

Reread. It does not count towards your 15 drinks on cheers, but per Carnival rules on drinks, each card holder is only allowed to have 15 drinks attached to Their s/s card. So if you buy drinks 5 drinks in HMC on your s/s card, then you can only have 10 more drinks attached to your s/s card. This is whether you use your Cheers program or s/s card. Now this does not keep people from buying you drinks. I know this for fact, because when i maxed out my cheers program I tried to buy a drink was told i am not allowed because I reached a total of 15 drinks in one day.