Does Cheers Pkg work at Half Moon Cay?

On 5/3/2019 at 9:21 AM, jwjax said:

They can do it,  CCL chooses $$ over everything else.      And there is a network on HMC, CCL chooses to use the $$ (cash) method to collect more revenue on the islands they visit.   Just check for the wiring and sat dishes while in port.  You will see that unless it is a desert island  like "Gilligans" ,  they are all wired these days....😎

They do the same thing on Princess Cay. It also HAS NO WIFI INFRASTRUCTURE IN PLACE. I do not understand why people do not get this. Let me repeat, THERE IS NO WIFI INFRASTRUCTURE in place at either port. Get over it. 

2 hours ago, Cobrakev said:

Reread. It does not count towards your 15 drinks on cheers, but per Carnival rules on drinks, each card holder is only allowed to have 15 drinks attached to Their s/s card. So if you buy drinks 5 drinks in HMC on your s/s card, then you can only have 10 more drinks attached to your s/s card. This is whether you use your Cheers program or s/s card. Now this does not keep people from buying you drinks. I know this for fact, because when i maxed out my cheers program I tried to buy a drink was told i am not allowed because I reached a total of 15 drinks in one day.

You are correct that you cannot but any more alcohol drinks after you've reached your 15. But you can buy them before. 

I've bought a round of shots at 12 drinks. Paid for the shots    Then got three more drinks on cheers. As long as you don't appear to be inebriated they'll allow it.

Again, any alcohol bought at HMC does not affect your 15 unless you're inebriated).  

Edited by pohlerbear

10 hours ago, Cobrakev said:

Reread. It does not count towards your 15 drinks on cheers, but per Carnival rules on drinks, each card holder is only allowed to have 15 drinks attached to Their s/s card. So if you buy drinks 5 drinks in HMC on your s/s card, then you can only have 10 more drinks attached to your s/s card. This is whether you use your Cheers program or s/s card. Now this does not keep people from buying you drinks. I know this for fact, because when i maxed out my cheers program I tried to buy a drink was told i am not allowed because I reached a total of 15 drinks in one day.

HMC drinks DO NOT count against your 15 cheers drinks. Plenty of people have told you you are wrong. But you say reread the rules. We dont need to read rules as we have all lived this. Have you experienced for yourself having cheers and the drinks you bought at HMC counted against your cheers or are you assuming your interpretation of the rules is correct?

12 hours ago, JaxsMama said:

HMC drinks DO NOT count against your 15 cheers drinks. Plenty of people have told you you are wrong. But you say reread the rules. We dont need to read rules as we have all lived this. Have you experienced for yourself having cheers and the drinks you bought at HMC counted against your cheers or are you assuming your interpretation of the rules is correct?

DO you think i would be saying this if it didnt happen? I am telling you what I was told (refused service) from different bartenders. A persons S/S card is only allowed 15 total drinks to be shown on their S/S card in a 24 hour period. SO IF YOU BUY DRINKS IN HMC, THOSE DRINK WILL BE SUBTRACTED FROM THE 15 TOTAL DRINKS (if you use the cheer's package or not) YOU CAN HAVE IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD. Now are there bartenders that will give you a drink beyond the 15? Im sure there are. I had to have other people buy drinks for me after I was cut off after 15 drinks. This also counts toward the DOU card also, so dont be surprised if that happens too. 

On 5/5/2019 at 7:24 PM, Cobrakev said:

I do not know where you get your supposed information, but there is no 15 drink limit on your S/S card unless you buy the Cheers package. Without the Cheers package you can buy as many drinks as you want every single day unless the bartender and the bar manager determine that you have been "over-served" and are causing problems. The 15 drink limit is only for the Cheers program. If you think differently, show me exactly where that rule is defined in actual Carnival documentation.

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Cobrakev said:

DO you think i would be saying this if it didnt happen? I am telling you what I was told (refused service) from different bartenders. A persons S/S card is only allowed 15 total drinks to be shown on their S/S card in a 24 hour period. SO IF YOU BUY DRINKS IN HMC, THOSE DRINK WILL BE SUBTRACTED FROM THE 15 TOTAL DRINKS (if you use the cheer's package or not) YOU CAN HAVE IN THE 24 HOUR PERIOD. Now are there bartenders that will give you a drink beyond the 15? Im sure there are. I had to have other people buy drinks for me after I was cut off after 15 drinks. This also counts toward the DOU card also, so dont be surprised if that happens too. 

Sorry, but I don't believe you either.  If you have Cheers and are on the ship and "pay" for a couple drinks during the day (instead of asking them to be charged to your CHEERS) those drink you pay for do not count against your 15.  People do this all the time, when they reach 14 drinks, they just pay for drinks so as not to reach their 15 on CHEERS.  Once you reach your 15 "FREE/included in package" drinks, then you are cut off.  If you start buying drinks at 14, you can drink 10 more if you want, until you order that last 1 on the package.  Once you hit 15 included drinks, then you are cut off.  What is the difference if you buy  3 drinks on the island or buy 3 drinks on the ship?   Neither will count against your 15 package drinks.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 9:50 PM, Retired_to_Cruise said:

They do the same thing on Princess Cay. It also HAS NO WIFI INFRASTRUCTURE IN PLACE. I do not understand why people do not get this. Let me repeat, THERE IS NO WIFI INFRASTRUCTURE in place at either port. Get over it. 

And you know this because??   You are a CCL employee, or what?

I have pics of the towers etc. on "all" of the islands, I have been to, including Princess Cay!  

I guess the towers with xmitters/rec'rs are just for show?     If I owned CCL I would certainly use them!!   

Edited by jwjax
  • Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 3:59 AM, SNJCruisers said:

If Royal and X can do it on Labadee, then Carnival should be able to do it on HMC, but they won't.

That's it, right there.  Royal does it on both Coco Cay and Labadee, and NCL does it on Great Stirrup Cay.  Carnival Corp chooses not to, similar to how NCL chooses not to on their other private island, Harvest Cay.  Heck, NCL doesn't even provide free food on Harvest Cay.  It has nothing to do with ability.  They do this by choice.

2 hours ago, Aquahound said:

That's it, right there.  Royal does it on both Coco Cay and Labadee, and NCL does it on Great Stirrup Cay.  Carnival Corp chooses not to, similar to how NCL chooses not to on their other private island, Harvest Cay.  Heck, NCL doesn't even provide free food on Harvest Cay.  It has nothing to do with ability.  They do this by choice.

It's all about $$$$!     They can get more $$ by not allowing the network and prepaid options. 

7 hours ago, jwjax said:

And you know this because??   You are a CCL employee, or what?

I have pics of the towers etc. on "all" of the islands, I have been to, including Princess Cay!  

I guess the towers with xmitters/rec'rs are just for show?     If I owned CCL I would certainly use them!!   

I have physically been to both places over the last two weeks, and there is no WIFI infra-structure either place. Show me your pictures. On half Moon Cay you will have a picture of one cellphone tower owned by a cellphone network, and that is it. It is not a wifi tower and there are not wifi towers anywhere on that island. 

Edited by Retired_to_Cruise

23 minutes ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

I have physically been to both places over the last two weeks, and there is no WIFI infra-structure either place. Show me your pictures. On half Moon Cay you will have a picture of one cellphone tower owned by a cellphone network, and that is it. It is not a wifi tower and there are not wifi towers anywhere on that island. 

If you say so?    They have international phone service and other satellite services...  So the towers are "just for show" ?

Edited by jwjax

or stop being so cheap and buy a beer, as my wife says, "it is what it is" We personally take 2 free Cheers beers each in a small cooler. Still might buy another drink, in the big picture $6 is not going to kill. Should Carnival allow Cheers? Yes, They choose not to, not a technical issue.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jwjax said:

If you say so?    They have international phone service and other satellite services...  So the towers are "just for show" ?

No, the tower is a cellphone tower that does not belong to CCL and does not support wifi. You forgot to include your pictures of the "towers" that you claims are wifi towers. Let's see them.

2 hours ago, Retired_to_Cruise said:

No, the tower is a cellphone tower that does not belong to CCL and does not support wifi. You forgot to include your pictures of the "towers" that you claims are wifi towers. Let's see them.

Good to know!   So how does CCL communicate with the islands?  Walkie Talkie?😎

Look at your own pics..... you will see!   

I am not going to spend time sorting through thousands of pics, to make a point.  😎

On 5/1/2019 at 11:20 AM, stobe1 said:

No. Drinks on HMC are pay as you go.

Honestly, I don't know.

Anecdotally, as my last visit to HMC during Christmas of 2018 was on HAL, not Carnival...HAL has a similar beverage program, 

I read the second poster's article stating that CCL had expanded Cheers to HMC..didn't know; and I've been to HMC since 2013, on Carnival, with Cheers, and paid ala carte for drinks. 

Edited by MauiWowie57

48 minutes ago, MauiWowie57 said:

Honestly, I don't know.

Anecdotally, as my last visit to HMC during Christmas of 2018 was on HAL, not Carnival...HAL has a similar beverage program, 

I read the second poster's article stating that CCL had expanded Cheers to HMC..didn't know; and I've been to HMC since 2013, on Carnival, with Cheers, and paid ala carte for drinks. 

If you look at the date of the aforementioned article, it's over six years old, from January of 2013.  There was a brief time that Cheers was accepted, but I would assume there was fraud involving people getting drinks for friends and exceeding the 15 drink limit.  This could easily be done since the accounting would not be verified until the pen and paper tallies were placed onto the sail & sign account once back on board.

On 5/3/2019 at 12:13 PM, TNcruising02 said:

If they wanted to do it, they could.  There is no financial incentive for Carnival to make the drink packages available on HMC.  It's a money maker for them for people to pay for drinks.  The thing is, HMC is such a perfect beach day that I definitely wouldn't stay on the ship because of it.  If I had the Cheers package, I would either get a couple bottles of beers ahead of time or pour a drink into a tumbler and take it off of the ship with me. 

The water at HMC is beautiful.  I took a picture from the beach the last time I was there.  It was so perfect it looked like something out of a magazine.

Exactly on target.  This is why we get Yetis of the morning punch.  Add Pineapple coconut rum and you have a tasty treat to sip on.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jwjax said:

Good to know!   So how does CCL communicate with the islands?  Walkie Talkie?😎

Look at your own pics..... you will see!   

I am not going to spend time sorting through thousands of pics, to make a point.  😎

In my pictures, I see 1 cell tower and no wifi towers at Half Moon Cay. You have just confirmed that you have no pictures of wifi towers as you claimed and you are unable to back up any of the false claims you have made.  Nice job trying to change the topic with the "Walkie Talkie" comment. From that comment, I would assume you think that they would be doing it with your supposed wifi towers.  What the hell do you think the cell tower is for and have you never heard of ship-to-shore communications equipment? Come on, jwjax, get with the program and either back up the claims you made or stop flapping your jaws.