Princess Horizon Court Beverages - Is Juice Still Available For Free?

Ancon

Are juice, hot chocolate and chocolate milk still available for free in the Horizon Court (Buffet) area?  I remember orange juice, apple juice and grapefruit juice being available and free of charge during breakfast (same as in the MDR).  Since we have not been on Princess for several years we're not sure what has changed.  My DS is quoting from the Princess Web Site in stating that one MUST buy a Beverage Package to get juice and hot chocolate.  Please help clarify beverage availability and types as we really don't want to have to purchase a beverage package.

Thank you.

Ancon

My info isn't too dated,  last cruise was March 2019. I remember hot chocolate packets (think Swiss Miss / Nestle version) next to my herb tea packets (the only thing I go to buffet for). Not real hot chocolate but I guess you could add cream to make it seem like hot chocolate? They do have OJ. I got that to make a mimosa with the sparkling wine I brought onboard 

Breakfast only. I've had Apple, Orange, Grapefruit, and Tomato. The beverage package will get you OJ in the bar. I actually picked up champagne splits and OJ to take back to my cabin. They didn't open the bubbly and put plastic wrap over the top of the (large) glass of juice.

2 hours ago, Ancon said:

Are juice, hot chocolate and chocolate milk still available for free in the Horizon Court (Buffet) area?  I remember orange juice, apple juice and grapefruit juice being available and free of charge during breakfast (same as in the MDR).  Since we have not been on Princess for several years we're not sure what has changed.  My DS is quoting from the Princess Web Site in stating that one MUST buy a Beverage Package to get juice and hot chocolate.  Please help clarify beverage availability and types as we really don't want to have to purchase a beverage package.

Thank you.

Ancon

Orange, apple, cranberry, prune, grapefruit, pineapple, maybe others, are available at no charge during breakfast hours. After breakfast there is a charge. Regular and chocolate milk also available. I don't remember seeing hot chocolate packets on our recent Emerald Princess cruise, but it is available in the buffet all day on Royal Class ships.

There is a charge for the "good" hot chocolate prepared at the International Cafe. This is included with the Soda & More Package. Individually hot chocolate at the I.C cost $1.77 for regular and $3.54 for a large.

We always bring a container & get extra juice at breakfast time to store in the fridge. 

Ask them for a large glass, not the shot glasses they now serve, or get a large glass form the bar & have them fill it up. 

Is milk always available to take back to your cabin?  I understand if there is a fee for it since we do not have a drink package, but does anyone know how much it would be if taken back late afternoon/evening?

🥛

4 minutes ago, Lindaru said:

Is milk always available to take back to your cabin?  I understand if there is a fee for it since we do not have a drink package, but does anyone know how much it would be if taken back late afternoon/evening?

🥛

I can't answer you directly but milk is free on the room service menu.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Orange, apple, cranberry, prune, grapefruit, pineapple, maybe others, are available at no charge during breakfast hours. After breakfast there is a charge. Regular and chocolate milk also available. I don't remember seeing hot chocolate packets on our recent Emerald Princess cruise, but it is available in the buffet all day on Royal Class ships.

There is a charge for the "good" hot chocolate prepared at the International Cafe. This is included with the Soda & More Package. Individually hot chocolate at the I.C cost $1.77 for regular and $3.54 for a large.

I never saw chocolate milk available on Princess in the buffet, at least not the cold variety, on the Royal class ships there is hot chocolate available 24/7 in the buffet.

And as far as two different sizes of hot drinks at the IC we were told on Royal Princess recently that the large ones were finished.

Does anyone know if other ships have large cups still, or was it just a temporary cup supply problem on Royal?

3 hours ago, Husky61 said:

The juices were never free, because they are included in the cruise fare you purchase.😃

And its a matter of debate if the OJ should be classed as juice at all, the concentrate containers it comes in is labelled "cocktail" and contains a lot of sugar which was never in oranges.

Certainly its orange in color......

You can always get lemonade and ice tea, yes, juices are available for breakfast as OJ, cranberry and pineapple.  Also, on the Caribbean Princess (maybe on other ships as well) they have a cooler near the doors that's designated always "breakfast to go", they have small boxed cereals and different types of small milk cartons.  I sometimes grabbed a box of milk in the afternoon.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Lindaru said:

Thank you!  If it is too late, I will go that route.

You can get free room service any time of day. Get it early and put it in the refrigerator. It will be delivered with plastic over the top to "seal" it. The glass will be small. Order more than one. The refrigerators aren't usually real cold so make sure your steward brings a full ice bucket each day.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, zahav1 said:

You can always get lemonade and ice tea, yes, juices are available for breakfast as OJ, cranberry and pineapple.  Also, on the Caribbean Princess (maybe on other ships as well) they have a cooler near the doors that's designated always "breakfast to go", they have small boxed cereals and different types of small milk cartons.  I sometimes grabbed a box of milk in the afternoon.  

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

You can get free room service any time of day. Get it early and put it in the refrigerator. It will be delivered with plastic over the top to "seal" it. The glass will be small. Order more than one. The refrigerators aren't usually real cold so make sure your steward brings a full ice bucket each day.

Thank you!  I will remember that.  I try to have a supplemental protein and vitamin drink every day and it needs to be mixed in milk (bringing powdered packages on with me).  Sometimes it is late afternoon before I get to it.

🥛