ANTHEM OF THE SEAS QUESTIONS

Hello Everyone ~ we are booked for the Anthem in November.  Do I understand correctly that we have to make reservations for iFly, bumper cars, shows?  If so, how far out do we need to do this ~ is there notification sent from Royal when your "booking window" opens?

Thanks for your assistance.

You need to make reservations for the three main shows We Will Rock You, Spectras Cabaret, and The Gift. And iFly and Northstar. Just stand in line for bumper cars. Royal does not tell you when booking opens up.

It's usually 90 days out but I have a cruise the end of September and was able to book shows. You get an email after you book them but that's all. There is a calendar with your cruise reservation that shows what you have booked. 

11 minutes ago, vadersprincess12 said:

Hello Everyone ~ we are booked for the Anthem in November.  Do I understand correctly that we have to make reservations for iFly, bumper cars, shows?  If so, how far out do we need to do this ~ is there notification sent from Royal when your "booking window" opens?

Thanks for your assistance.

The various reservable items show up in your Cruise Planner at random times.  All you can do is check regularly.

I would also add that the Ifly prebooking opportunity filled within a few hours of being released both times I sailed on Anthem. North Star only lasted 2 days. If you miss them online you will need to make reservations immediately upon boarding. Both of these will sell out very quickly. You can do stand-by for each, but nothing guaranteed. Try to do Ifly early in the week as it does get canceled for weather. 

Shows, ifly and Northstar opened in 5 months before departure for our Anthem sailing coming up June 20.

Check your cruise planner often.  And as noted by others, ifly and Northstar times disappear quickly.  Good dining ties also disappear quickly.  Shows have bigger capacity and lasted a bit longer.

Each time I have sailed on the Anthem, first thing we did was walk to the shore excursion area and book. We have been able to to book all activities without a problem this way. You use the kiosk in the shore excursion department. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise!

If you follow along in your Roll Call, usually, someone will post when reservations open up.

Like already mentioned, iFly and Northstar are weather sensitive (Especially in November) so try to book early in your cruise so if it is cancelled, you'll have some days left to re-book.

Bumper cars do not have reservations but if you board early, they start at 11am and usually the only time there is a very small line.  You can grab a Hot dog at the Dog House just next to the waiting line if you're hungry.  It seems, at that time, three quarters of the entire ship passengers are at the windjammer, so might as well get the bumper cars in right then.

While you're there, you can also have all the release forms (iFly, Climbing wall, Trapeze and others) signed at the desk in the same area.

Have a Great Cruise.

dp

Edited by dpostman

On 5/7/2019 at 4:52 AM, Sizzlechest said:

Same for July 4.

We are also on the July 4th cruise and I called to ask Royal.  They said there would be one of the shows you can book ahead of time and the other ones you can book on the app at Royal IQ the day before you board.  I was under the assumption that you cannot access the app until on the ship.  Does anyone know if that is correct?

Just now, Mickey65 said:

.  I was under the assumption that you cannot access the app until on the ship.  Does anyone know if that is correct?

Correct, Royal IQ app won’t work till connected to ship WiFi.