How wide doors

Mr&MrsBee

We were  not able to get a handicap cabin.  We do have a Concierge Cabin on the Silhouette.  How wide

are the doors.  transportable scooter is 20" wide.  Will it fit thru door.  Where to store in cabin?  Where to

plug in to charge scooter.  Any help or tips would be appreciated.  Thank You.

I would suggest that the safest thing to do would be to call Celebrity and speak directly with someone.  They may need to transfer you to their accessibility department but if so then you would be assured of a good answer. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Scooters take up a lot of room in the stateroom. It can be difficult to maneuver them in and out of the room. 

I realize there is not a lot of room.  Have you any experience in a CC cabin??

Unlike the M class ships where concierge rooms are about 10% larger than regular verandah rooms, On Sillhoette and the other S Class ships, concierge class cabins are the same size as standard verandah rooms.  Having a scooter in one doesn’t leave much space.  The only outlet for charging will be at the desk.

While not specifically listed - This article list  about 10 cruise lines and all doors are between

Width of cabin doors on cruise ships

Unfortunately most cruise lines do not provide door width, but evidently the standard is 58 centimeters (23 inches) or 61 centimeters (24 inches), depending on manufacturer.

For this reason we at TravelScoot have started to compile a list of cruise ship door widths, and are asking our TravelScoot passengers to assist us. The next time you are on board ship, please measure the width of your cabin door. If you don’t have a tape measure, just let us know if the regular, full-size TravelScoot fits through the doorway fully assembled (59.5 cm or 23 7/16 inches), and how much clearance remains.

For info please email: info@travelscoot.com

List of door widths (standard cabins) at the cruise ships of various shipping companies

Cruise Line Vessel Door Clear Inner Width
Costa Diadema 58 cm (23 inches)
Costa Mediterranea 58 cm (23 inches)
MSC Splendida 61 cm (24 inches)
RCCL Monarch of the Seas 58 cm (23 inches)
RCCL Brilliance of the Sea 60 cm (23.6 inches)
Carnival Destiny 61 cm (24 inches)
AIDA Aidasol 61 cm (24 inches)
AIDA Aidaprima 61 cm (24 inches)
Disney Cruises All Ships 58 cm (23 inches)
Tui Cruises Mein Schiff 6 61 cm

https://www.travelscoot.com/cruise-ship-information.html 

• Like 2

Not sure if normal but recently back from Infinity TA with a heavy passenger load with scooters.   In walking around I noticed at least 10 were parked in the hallway.   One unit had 2 pax in scooters and both were in the hallway.  Not sure of the safety factor.

A lot of cruise lines won’t let you park scooters in the passageway overnight.  Princess is one.  You have to move scooters to another location overnight. I thought that was also Celebrity’s policy, but maybe they ran out of space.

6 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

A lot of cruise lines won’t let you park scooters in the passageway overnight.  Princess is one.  You have to move scooters to another location overnight. I thought that was also Celebrity’s policy, but maybe they ran out of space.

I also thought that was the policy and thought it could be a safety issue.  

• Like 1

My mother travels with her Pride GoGo Elite Traveller which is 19.5 inches wide.  We have never had a problem with getting into regular balcony cabins on RCI and Celebrity.  We always seem to be able to tuck it under the desk.  It is easier if the bed(s) are closer to the balcony but we manage either way.  We do not ever leave it in the hallway.  

Thanx for all the info.  Found out door is 26 inches wide.  Can't reach the rental company today.  Only concern now is length of power cord or if battery is removal.  We are on CC cabin 1207  Can't remember if bed is bath or balcony.  I only need help for long walks.  Do not want wheel chair as want to make it easy for wife rather than have her push me.

39 minutes ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Thanx for all the info.  Found out door is 26 inches wide.  Can't reach the rental company today.  Only concern now is length of power cord or if battery is removal.  We are on CC cabin 1207  Can't remember if bed is bath or balcony.  I only need help for long walks.  Do not want wheel chair as want to make it easy for wife rather than have her push me.

Don't worry about the cord length.   Your stateroom attendant will supply an extension cord quickly upon request.

5 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

I realize there is not a lot of room.  Have you any experience in a CC cabin??

My brother-in-law had a scooter (on Solstice cabin 2105 C2). It fit thru the door, but then you could barely move around in the cabin. His was a rental scooter from Celebrity Accessibility