Scooter parking on CC class on Silhouette

Mr&MrsBee

Any ideas on charging and parking scooter in a C2 on Silhouette?  Sp.ace between bed and wall?  Bed is near bath.  Anyone with experience?  I am having no luck with Celebrity.  Scooter is 21 in wide.  Will it make a turnaround or pull in and back out?  Please try to answer questions.  I know it will be tight.  Thanx for helpful ideas or share past experiences.  Cabin not a handicap cabin

I don’t understand why you needed to start a second thread about this.  In the previous thread it was explained that you will not be able to get the scooter into the room to turn it around, so you would need to back in and out.  You saw the discussion about giving the scooter to the room steward to charge it overnight.  The room is too tight to be able to get the scooter past the bed.

8 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I don’t understand why you needed to start a second thread about this.  In the previous thread it was explained that you will not be able to get the scooter into the room to turn it around, so you would need to back in and out.  You saw the discussion about giving the scooter to the room steward to charge it overnight.  The room is too tight to be able to get the scooter past the bed.

1 minute ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Westlake Girl:  If you do not like my question then do not respond as you offer nothing.

I prefer to click the report button at the top to report rude condescending posts that may be in violation of CC guidelines. 

I have hired scooters on my past few cruises. I do not park/leave it on a corridor as that simply isn't fair on other users or the staff needing to move cleaning trolleys along the corridors. They do fit in the cabins..... I hire quite a large scooter with a 19 mile range.... but it is awkward moving in and out of the cabin so for that reason I have always tried to secure a cabin close to the forward elevator lobbies and have left the scooter parked right close to the wall (and power outlet) there. The stewards knew whose scooter it was and if it had been a problem I could have moved it. I have been very grateful to the Celebrity staff who have made my life easier with scooter use. I have never been able to book a disability cabin..... I have read that they are booked up extremely quickly from a cruise being made available to book. My last 2 cruises have been booked about a year ahead so far from last minute but far too late to book an accessible room. 

So I would say please don't fret too much..... a solution should be found to help/suit you.

Enjoy your cruise.

6 hours ago, Mr&MrsBee said:

Any ideas on charging and parking scooter in a C2 on Silhouette?  Sp.ace between bed and wall?  Bed is near bath.  Anyone with experience?  I am having no luck with Celebrity.  Scooter is 21 in wide.  Will it make a turnaround or pull in and back out?  Please try to answer questions.  I know it will be tight.  Thanx for helpful ideas or share past experiences.  Cabin not a handicap cabin

Any chance you can get the other room configuration? We travel with my husband's scooter and once when we couldn't get a handicapped cabin we called celebrity to see if they could find us a cabin with the bed near the balcony. You can fit the scooter inside in that configuration. It is tight and in the way, but it fits. My husband was able to do a three point turn in the room - (or a 10 point turn since it took more than 3 adjustments). But, he could get in and turn so that he could drive out and not have to back out. With the bed near the door- you might be able to get the scooter in the room but it won't fit past the bed so it will probably block the bathroom door. We also bring an extension cord because it can be a challenge to reach an outlet.  (We do book ahead and now will change cruises if we can't get a handicapped cabin but in the past we've given it a try in regular rooms). 

Currently the OP is in cabin 2107, and counting cabins/pictures on cruisedeckplans, the bed will not be by the bath.  2111 has bed by balcony; 2101 has bed by bath.  So she should be okay.  EM

20 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Currently the OP is in cabin 2107, and counting cabins/pictures on cruisedeckplans, the bed will not be by the bath.  2111 has bed by balcony; 2101 has bed by bath.  So she should be okay.  EM

I am trying to learn something new.  Genuinely interested in  this.   How can you tell where the bed will be in the cabin by looking at the deck plans?  Please please please share your wisdom with me.  😄

22 minutes ago, screwsmcernst said:

I am trying to learn something new.  Genuinely interested in  this.   How can you tell where the bed will be in the cabin by looking at the deck plans?  Please please please share your wisdom with me.  😄

On the deck plans the additional bed is indicated by a symbol.... a black square I think. They are on alternate cabins usually..... they indicate that the main bed is by the bathroom. No symbol shows a bed by the balcony. 

The spreadsheet info at the start of the celeb posts sometimes show info on a cabin - you can search for a specific cabin on a specific ship to check. 

4 hours ago, HelenREMfan said:

On the deck plans the additional bed is indicated by a symbol.... a black square I think. They are on alternate cabins usually..... they indicate that the main bed is by the bathroom. No symbol shows a bed by the balcony. 

The spreadsheet info at the start of the celeb posts sometimes show info on a cabin - you can search for a specific cabin on a specific ship to check. 

The black Square indicates a convertible sofa which is always next to the balcony - leaving the bed next to the bath. And they do usually alternate. But not all cabins without a black square have beds next to the balcony. When there are many cabins together without black squares, they are still alternating between bed next to bath and bed next to bakcony. Then you can often identify which is which by looking at cabin pictures on websites dedicated to deck plans. Once identified, since they alternate, you can count down cabins by two to determine the bed configuration of other cabins without pictures.