P&O Website???

jeanlyon

27 minutes ago, Louby-Lou said:

Still can’t choose a cabin though ☹️

You should be able to if you are choosing a select fare, but you need to go through the process of choosing your cabin grade and location going carefully through each step, then you should reach a screen showing the deck plan with P&O's chosen cabin in blue, and the other available cabins in ecru (sort of fawn colour) for you to select if you prefer one of them.

21 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You should be able to if you are choosing a select fare, but you need to go through the process of choosing your cabin grade and location going carefully through each step, then you should reach a screen showing the deck plan with P&O's chosen cabin in blue, and the other available cabins in ecru (sort of fawn colour) for you to select if you prefer one of them.

Thanks for that but I still don’t get the choice! We choose select and cabin category but then don’t get a screen with the deck plan - just a screen with a red price bar telling me to ‘book now’ and the price! Below that is ‘what’s included in the price’ and ‘additional cost choices’. I think I’ll give up!

59 minutes ago, Louby-Lou said:

Thanks for that but I still don’t get the choice! We choose select and cabin category but then don’t get a screen with the deck plan - just a screen with a red price bar telling me to ‘book now’ and the price! Below that is ‘what’s included in the price’ and ‘additional cost choices’. I think I’ll give up!

You need to use the "change cabin" facility and then choose the option to select your own cabin.

19 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

You need to use the "change cabin" facility and then choose the option to select your own cabin.

Thanks, I’ve done it now. The cruise I was looking at had no more cabins available in the category I wanted so didn’t show any choice. I changed the category and got the screen you described! 

The Princess and Celebrity websites are so much easier!

#10 is correct.  It was only with difficulty I discovered how to choose a cabin number.  As you go through the booking process you get to a page when just your chosen grade of cabin shows with a chance to click were it says change cabin.  At first I did not think I had to click that as my chosen cabin grade was correct, but it is only clicking that which allows you to choose between "choosing your cabin number" or just accepting what you are given and at that stage it does not even say that what cabin number you are to be allocated.

After that you get into a screen were you can see an allocated cabin and choose another, but still very fiddly as you have to go through selections of section of the ship as well as cabin grade - I managed that though with perseverance and learning by my mistakes!  Very confusing IMO.

I found it easier to look at a major high street TA site which still shows the cabins available in an easier manner, pick what I wanted then go into P&O and request that cabin number.

The web site is really not user friendly and will send people off to TAs to book rather than messing around to do so direct.