Vista Repair News - Upcoming Cruises Cancelled

Lee Cruiser

2 hours ago, Hobiedallas said:

..................SO even if I find a cruise the same price, I now have to pay for flight tickets. And as I understand it Carnival will not pay for them as they are not part of the original booking. Is this right?

Correct, reimbursement is only for flights booked with original (now cancelled) cruise

Sorry this has happened to so many cruisers during the summer holiday.  I hope some had insurance that will cover the items Carnival is not.  I guess a land vacation is another option for those that have to use a weeks vacation from work.  I had a job where we bid on our vacation so I feel the pain, but a week off from work and a free cruise would get me through.

1 minute ago, jcole817 said:

Although Carnival is providing $200 for airfare changes, Galveston is just outside of Houston, which is a much better option than Waco. Haha.

My family was going to be on the July 13th sailing, so now, I'm trying to figure out a vacation for us.  We're not week long beach people, so trying to find something relaxing but also fun for my 5 and 8 year old might be a chore.

Are you flying in from another city? Have you considered sailings from NOLA, Mobile or Florida yet?

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

Are you flying in from another city? Have you considered sailings from NOLA, Mobile or Florida yet?

No, we're 1.5 hrs from Galveston...just north of Houston and we're limited to the week of the 14th, bc of a major commitments the week before and after.  We wouldn't mind flying or even driving to NO, but most of the cruises available don't have cabins available for 4, currently checking cabins for 2 close to each other, but that's not looking promising either.

@jcole817 I am currently looking at the Glory for July 14-21, 2019 and found four interiors on Deck 1; two balconies, one on Deck 8 and one on Deck 11 (all for quad occupancy). You can always call Carnival for any further availability. 

Edited by jbethel11
Correction with cabin locations

53 minutes ago, jfunk138 said:

If an airline cancels your flight due to mechanical (assuming they even admit its mechanical and don't try to blame it on weather) you'll get a meal voucher.  Getting a free cruise sounds like a really good deal to me.

Agreed!  

5 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

@jcole817 I am currently looking at the Glory for July 14-21, 2019 and found four interiors one on Deck 1; two balconies, one on Deck 8 and one on Deck 11 (all for quad occupancy). You can always call Carnival for any further availability. 

Oh wow, thanks for checking that out!  We had a balcony, so it would be nice to have one if we choose another boat.  I'll go check it out...thanks again!

Wow  I'm really sorry for the inconvenience that this presents to all of the cancelled guest. 

Yes it was a mechanical issue that needs to be fixed. yes carnival stepped up with compensation.

But it still sucks, I hope you all can make the best of a bad situation.

It's a pretty new ship to have a major propulsion issue.  I hope it's an one off problem and not a manufacturing issue.

3 weeks sounds like a dry dock repair, That's substantial

Horizon could be next.  I hope not .

10 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

@jcole817 I am currently looking at the Glory for July 14-21, 2019 and found four interiors one on Deck 1; two balconies, one on Deck 8 and one on Deck 11 (all for quad occupancy). You can always call Carnival for any further availability. 

@jbethel11 The Glory isn't showing up for me for those dates?

Who I really feel bad for is the lady who was getting married on the July 6th cruise on the Vista.  She was posting on JH's page.  That would be a disaster to replan.  I hope she gets it all worked out, poor thing.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jcole817 said:

The links work for me...thanks so much!

FYI, there is a quad balcony available on Deck 6 aft! I presume you just booked the Deck 11 balcony as it has now disappeared from my screen! Enjoy your cruise!

1 minute ago, jbethel11 said:

FYI, there is a quad balcony available on Deck 6 aft! I presume you just booked the Deck 11 balcony as it has now disappeared from my screen! Enjoy your cruise!

No, i didn't...it went too fast...and unfortunately, I have to wait for a reply from my husband, so the other one might be gone as well.

Valor has balcony cabins for the July 6th sailing if that works for you. It’s only a 4 day but you can extend your time in New Orleans if you wanted a longer trip. 

I’m really sorry for everyone who’s cruise was canceled, especially where airfare is concerned. I’m just goad you didn’t get stuck out to sea.  

1 hour ago, Hobiedallas said:

Yea that all sounds good on paper. In reality,  trying to book a cruise during the July 4th holiday three weeks out is a nightmare. Almost everything is totally and completely booked.

Yes, the holiday will mess things up a little bit.

2 minutes ago, jcole817 said:

No, i didn't...it went too fast...and unfortunately, I have to wait for a reply from my husband, so the other one might be gone as well.

Don't worry! You still have two more! No one will take the cabin that fast! Take your time!

My guess is that those who are trying to reach someone in customer services for this issue might have a lot better luck if they had a PVP.  I've seen some comments on here that have been on hold for nearly an hour.  I'm thinking a PVP would be a ;lot more responsive?  Then again, I've not experienced this type of problem.

17 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Don't worry! You still have two more! No one will take the cabin that fast! Take your time!

Go back in and follow through to the checkout screen and put a 24hr hold on the cabin. When you decide, call Carnival and tell them the cabin you held. If you do nothing, it will just drop in 24hrs. 

• Like 4

Just now, Athankfulheart said:

Go back in and follow through to the checkout screen and put a 24hr hold on the cabin. When you decide, call Carnival and tell them the cabin you held. If you do nothing, it will just drop in 24hrs. 

Completely forgot you can do that! v

22 minutes ago, jcole817 said:

Thanks @Athankfulheart

After a three and a half hour wait on the phone, a very nice lady by the name of Allison got us rescheduled to the July 28th sailing on the Freedom.  We were looking forward to trying out the Vista, but it will have to wait until later.  Thankfully I have a fairly flexible work schedule and I was able to adjust my cruise by a couple of weeks.  I feel bad for those that can't!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, xMandy said:

After a three and a half hour wait on the phone, a very nice lady by the name of Allison got us rescheduled to the July 28th sailing on the Freedom.  We were looking forward to trying out the Vista, but it will have to wait until later.  Thankfully I have a fairly flexible work schedule and I was able to adjust my cruise by a couple of weeks.  I feel bad for those that can't!

Hate you had to spend so much time on the phone, but glad you got something that worked for you.  Hope you enjoy your cruise.

• Thanks 1