Symphony, Jr Suite, dining in Coastal Kitchen

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm looking now, I have a problem with saving to many pictures. 😉

No hurry, I want to save a link to those menus and would like to mention the ship.

24 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Sample Menus from Oasis. Shown in reverse order, 7-1

Days 5 and 6 switch depending on if you are doing Eastern or Western

Fennel Soup, veal chop, and fried rice are nice.  Good meal to end the week

IMAG7525_1.thumb.jpg.abc105e89226787466410e1c3dc32f0b.jpg

We skip this 90% of the time. Try the tomato mozzarella short rib if you must

IMAG7524_1.thumb.jpg.5f2a498ca5c5b1ec88726be41de9270f.jpg

skip the risotto, you need room for three entrees 😉

Scallops, lobster (no sauce), and lamb

IMAG7523_1.jpg

seafood veloute, roast chicken

IMAG7522_1.jpg

green curry soup and the cod, but we skip this one as well most of the time

IMAG7520_1.jpg

lobster salad and the prime rib

IMAG7519_1.jpg

Filet night, yea. Tomato soup is awesome as well

IMAG7518_1.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, according to the rules, Pinnacles are accommodated as well. Why is this so hard to understand.  😉

Last I looked the R in RCI was for Royal, not Rory. 🤣

That is the current rule, true. But Royal may change them at anytime. You know that. On cruises where many P’s are onboard, something needs to be done to accommodate Suite Guests. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

That is the current rule, true. But Royal may change them at anytime. You know that. On cruises where many P’s are onboard, something needs to be done to accommodate Suite Guests. 

And once a year, they do. Maybe Twice if it's a TA. 

On 6/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, A&L_Ont said:

We can not book the CK for dinner this September on line. Nor can we book Harmony for August. Strange. 

Agree - was very surprised to see it there listed. All time slots available. Maybe a new thing for next year. Or maybe there in error?

6 minutes ago, newxmascruiser said:

Agree - was very surprised to see it there listed. All time slots available. Maybe a new thing for next year. Or maybe there in error?

Maybe an experiment?

• Thanks 1

On 6/23/2019 at 8:52 PM, John&LaLa said:

Well, according to the rules, Pinnacles are accommodated as well. Why is this so hard to understand.  😉

Envy? Jealousy?  Is not a P, and wants to be??  I don't understand the resistance to P's being welcomed in CK or SL either....rules/policy  clearly state that P's are welcomed into those venues!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

We were recently on the Harmony in a GS and could not book online or via phone pre-cruise. Once we got our concierge letter, we emailed the concierge a few days prior to cruise and they CK bookings on the nights we wanted.

Last November, we were on the Symphony in a JS and made our CK reservations as soon as we embarked. On one of the nights we wanted to eat in CK was not available at the time we wanted, we just walked in and they said they could accommodate us. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Envy? Jealousy?  Is not a P, and wants to be??  I don't understand the resistance to P's being welcomed in CK or SL either....rules/policy  clearly state that P's are welcomed into those venues!

On “some” heavy P cruises space is limited. Many do B2B..... and can reserve times the week before limiting access to the SK/CK for Suite Guests. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Yes both, I think as this is a classic example projection. It seems it is difficult to understand that someone who has paid 100s of thousands of dollars to make it 700 points might get a perk. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, newxmascruiser said:

Anthem has had the ability to book Coastal Kitchen through the cruise planner on some sailings too.

40 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We were recently on the Harmony in a GS and could not book online or via phone pre-cruise. Once we got our concierge letter, we emailed the concierge a few days prior to cruise and they CK bookings on the nights we wanted.

Last November, we were on the Symphony in a JS and made our CK reservations as soon as we embarked. On one of the nights we wanted to eat in CK was not available at the time we wanted, we just walked in and they said they could accommodate us. 

How many P’s were onboard your cruise in November (P Season)?

9 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

On “some” heavy P cruises space is limited. Many do B2B..... and can reserve times the week before limiting access to the SK/CK for Suite Guests. 

Curious but how do you tell by looking at the P’s if they are staying in a Suite?  Do they have a different namteag?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Curious but how do you tell by looking at the P’s if they are staying in a Suite?  Do they have a different namteag?

I think M8’s resentment is for the P’s who do not book Suites. Suite occupants and P’s have equal access to CK and SL.....but I think M8 feels that suite occupants should have a higher priority to book a reservation.  

Why feel resentment towards someone who is only doing what is allowed? Take it up with Royal policy makers.  If one wants to book a suite and they’re all booked up.....what can one do?  Tell the early bird, hey, I have more points than you, so I deserve your suite !  

You can’t do anything but try for another time,  but I do find it difficult to believe that P’s take every single reservation in the CK every single night of the week .  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ladysail2 said:

Well said.  🙂 

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

As a shareholder you should be pleased some folks do B2B.

• Like 3