Ft. Lauderdale hotels?

GoldieJ

4 hours ago, Tom47 said:

Hyatt hotel on 17th street has free airport shuttle and pay cruise terminal shuttle.  Also near Publix/wine store.  It's our favorite.

The Hyatt Place hotel airport shuttle hasn't been free for quite a while but it is dirt cheap:  $2 per room.  The shuttle to the port is $7 per person.  From https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-fort-lauderdale-17th-street-convention-center/fllza/maps-parking-transportation:

"The hotel shuttle provides service to Port Everglades Cruise Port for $7.00 per person. Guests may sign up for Cruise Port shuttle service at check-in. The shuttle departs from the hotel at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m.

The shuttle from Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood Airport is $2.00 per room. If you need the shuttle from the airport, please contact the hotel at (954) 763-7670 and you will be given directions to the shuttle pickup spot. The shuttle picks up at the airport every half hour beginning at 7 a.m., and 11 p.m. is the last pickup."

• Like 2

9 hours ago, capriccio said:

The Hyatt Place hotel airport shuttle hasn't been free for quite a while but it is dirt cheap:  $2 per room.  The shuttle to the port is $7 per person.  From https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/florida/hyatt-place-fort-lauderdale-17th-street-convention-center/fllza/maps-parking-transportation:

"The hotel shuttle provides service to Port Everglades Cruise Port for $7.00 per person. Guests may sign up for Cruise Port shuttle service at check-in. The shuttle departs from the hotel at 10 a.m., 11 a.m., noon, and 1 p.m.

The shuttle from Fort Lauderdale / Hollywood Airport is $2.00 per room. If you need the shuttle from the airport, please contact the hotel at (954) 763-7670 and you will be given directions to the shuttle pickup spot. The shuttle picks up at the airport every half hour beginning at 7 a.m., and 11 p.m. is the last pickup."

HELP! "Everything" we have been trying to book around the cruise terminal in FLL on 2-14-2020 shows "Sold Out"! The Hyatt, the Embassy Suites, Hilton, etc. I don't know if it is because of tech difficulties with the hurricane or if it IS sold out because it is Valentine's Day? Any suggestions? Should we call later this week? Look further out of town? We would take a fleabag motel at this point.  Thanks!

2 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

HELP! "Everything" we have been trying to book around the cruise terminal in FLL on 2-14-2020 shows "Sold Out"! The Hyatt, the Embassy Suites, Hilton, etc. I don't know if it is because of tech difficulties with the hurricane or if it IS sold out because it is Valentine's Day? Any suggestions? Should we call later this week? Look further out of town? We would take a fleabag motel at this point.  Thanks!

February is spring break for many schools/colleges.  Try Holiday/Choice websites.  Good luck.

2 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Have you tried the Ramada airport/cruise port?  Looks like they have rooms and we always stay there. Port shuttle and other amenities

In addition to Friday night 2/14 being Valentines Day, it is the beginning of the President's Day weekend which is always a very very busy one at Port Everglades due to the holiday on Monday and the fact that many schools in New England and elsewhere have that entire week off for winter break.  Rooms along 17th Street, the Beach and Las Olas will be expensive ($250 and up) but they are available.

21 hours ago, capriccio said:

In addition to Friday night 2/14 being Valentines Day, it is the beginning of the President's Day weekend which is always a very very busy one at Port Everglades due to the holiday on Monday and the fact that many schools in New England and elsewhere have that entire week off for winter break.  Rooms along 17th Street, the Beach and Las Olas will be expensive ($250 and up) but they are available.

Ok...I hope you're right. We can't find anything along 17th street and the Homewood Suites by the airport wants $300.00 /night.

On 9/2/2019 at 4:53 PM, kevingastreich said:

We always stay at the Hampton Inn in Plantation.  A quick check shows rooms available on 2/14/20 for $259.  

19 hours ago, kevingastreich said:

Thanks!  I'll check it out.

On 9/4/2019 at 6:17 AM, SteerageJoe said:

I see several good hotels close to the port for under $250 on Feb 14.

Candlewood Suites or Wyndham Garden are $229

See here: Cheaper Port Everglades hotels on Feb 14 

Thank you everybody for all the help. We did book the Hampton Inn Plantation for that night and with Hilton points it came out to $215.00. I feel better now. Maybe our first search attempt was hampered by the hurricane? I don't know but thanks again!

Did you try hotels.com?  I just looked and there's some hotels available 

On 7/5/2019 at 10:02 AM, Zach1213 said:

Personally, I don't like staying near the port. We pick up a car at the airport when we arrive and then the entire area is our oyster...sites, dinners, etc. Allows us to stay anywhere, and then drop the car at the cruise port the next day. Usually the one-day rental is pretty cheap, and can usually be offset by a cheaper non-port area hotel.

Just an idea.

What car rental lets you drop off at the port? How close is car return to Princess terminal?

We always stay at the Hyatt Place, Convention Center 17th St.  It is right across parking lot from several restaurants and a publix grocery store.  They have very inexpensive shuttle to and from airport and to the cruise port.  IF you are a hyatt loyalty member you get free breakfast and its not bad.  The sun trolley also stops in front of the publix grocery store and will take you to the beach for $1 if that is somewhere you want to go.  The rooms are a little more spacious than a regular hotel room as they have a half wall separating a living area with a couch.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I book my cruises, flights and hotels every early. I'm all set for our next cruise from Port Everglades, but we will surely do another in 2020 or 2021.

We have been staying at the La Quinta in Hollywood the last several years. No complaints, price is about $150, they offer airport pickup and will arrange a $10 shuttle to the port. However, that hotel has no restaurant, and the nearest ones are about a half mile walk. A place to buy wine is probably a mile away. Not a big deal, but lately walking is getting tougher for me......so, I am looking for something in that price range that is closer to restaurants and especially a Publix or other store where we can purchase wine, soft drinks, and incidentals for consumption on the cruise. Otherwise I'll stick with the LQ and use Uber I suppose, but we prefer the freedom of walking.

Anyone have recommendations for something similar to LQ but closer to those places?

Doug

1 hour ago, PaperSniper4 said:

I book my cruises, flights and hotels every early. I'm all set for our next cruise from Port Everglades, but we will surely do another in 2020 or 2021.

We have been staying at the La Quinta in Hollywood the last several years. No complaints, price is about $150, they offer airport pickup and will arrange a $10 shuttle to the port. However, that hotel has no restaurant, and the nearest ones are about a half mile walk. A place to buy wine is probably a mile away. Not a big deal, but lately walking is getting tougher for me......so, I am looking for something in that price range that is closer to restaurants and especially a Publix or other store where we can purchase wine, soft drinks, and incidentals for consumption on the cruise. Otherwise I'll stick with the LQ and use Uber I suppose, but we prefer the freedom of walking.

Anyone have recommendations for something similar to LQ but closer to those places?

Doug

We like the Hyatt convention center on 17th.  Two blocks from Harbor Shoppes plaza -2 restaurants, Publix and wine stores.  Prices vary-$250 approximately, depending on date.  Pay port/airport shuttles.

3 hours ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Doug

We are also looking for a hotel that is within walking distance of a place or two to eat, and other conveniences.  We've been spoiled being on 17th Street for many years; for next January the prices are just too high, so we're starting from scratch.  It's hard to know from the hotel websites:  "close to..." sometimes refers to having a car.

We are staying, for the first time, at the Holiday Inn Express on 17th.  We like it because we will be driving and they will let us park the car there for our 10 day cruise.  It is a great location for restaurants, Walgreens, and other things. Price varies depending on time of year. It is about 1/2 mile from port.

28 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

We are also looking for a hotel that is within walking distance of a place or two to eat, and other conveniences.  We've been spoiled being on 17th Street for many years; for next January the prices are just too high, so we're starting from scratch.  It's hard to know from the hotel websites:  "close to..." sometimes refers to having a car.

Checkout hotels in the Fort Lauderdale suburb of Plantation.  The Hampton Inn is mentioned here often plus there are a number of other chain hotels.

17 hours ago, Tom47 said:

We like the Hyatt convention center on 17th.  Two blocks from Harbor Shoppes plaza -2 restaurants, Publix and wine stores.  Prices vary-$250 approximately, depending on date.  Pay port/airport shuttles.

Thanks for that information, sounds like a good location. I know several hotels are there and are popular. However, the price is a bit steep for this old retire couple.