Two Dinners?

Ambuoroko

We're planning dinner reservations for our upcoming November cruise.  We have 3 meals each of specialty dining.  My wife is a very picky eater, and I'm not sure how much she'll be able to eat at any of the specialty restaurants.

Is there any problem with us going to a specialty restaurant and then going to the MDR together later if she didn't like anything?  Has anyone ever tried this before?

35 minutes ago, TheDuckmom said:

And then, after the MDR you can hit the buffet! Two dinners? No problem. Nobody is going to say, “ but you already ate at....” you can eat all day long if you would like.

...and there are lots of passengers who appear to do just that.

We once did an early dinner at Cagneys, saw a show, stopped in Taste for dessert, popped into the Garden cafe just before they closed & got some seafood (it was Seafood Night in the Garden that night) went to a second show then went to O'Sheehans for wings & other stuff.

Yeah, I DID gain a bit of weight on THAT cruise...😲

• Like 2

"Food" for thought, on the 23rd sailing we were at the main dining rooms and as they swiped couple in the noted they had reservations at a specialty dining and asked them to cancel.  Perhaps you can do special then main, but not the other way around, of course the buffet and O'Sheehan's is always available.  

I plan on doing his myself in 2 weeks on the POA. We have reservations for the french restaurant, and I'm not sure I'll be happy with a lot of the options there. If I'm still hungry, I plan on hitting the buffet for a regular good old burger & fries.