Live from Summit

Water709

We bought the whole photo package (prints and digital).  There was a LOT of confusion by staff in the photo gallery.  A lot of photos never made it on display, and yesterday when I and a few other passengers asked about the missing photos, one of the photo staff guided us to a HUGE lucite bin filled with hundreds of photos all mixed together and told us we could sort thru them to find our photos!!!!  We were all aghast; it would’ve taken Hours to pick thru those and only 2 people could look at one time.  After paying almost $300 for our photo package none of us wanted to spend our last day onboard digging thru tons of photos in a bin to find our own.  When we complained the photo staff just said sorry, they fell behind developing them and “ran out of room” to display them.  This is really unacceptable and Celebrity really dropped the ball on this one.  I think we got most of ours but not sure.  They said you could check on the kiosks and if you didn’t have any they would print them out for you.  We did get 3 printed and picked them up later; there was total chaos in the photo gallery all day.  And they need more kiosks !!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Water709 said:

We bought the whole photo package (prints and digital).  There was a LOT of confusion by staff in the photo gallery.  A lot of photos never made it on display, and yesterday when I and a few other passengers asked about the missing photos, one of the photo staff guided us to a HUGE lucite bin filled with hundreds of photos all mixed together and told us we could sort thru them to find our photos!!!!  We were all aghast; it would’ve taken Hours to pick thru those and only 2 people could look at one time.  After paying almost $300 for our photo package none of us wanted to spend our last day onboard digging thru tons of photos in a bin to find our own.  When we complained the photo staff just said sorry, they fell behind developing them and “ran out of room” to display them.  This is really unacceptable and Celebrity really dropped the ball on this one.  I think we got most of ours but not sure.  They said you could check on the kiosks and if you didn’t have any they would print them out for you.  We did get 3 printed and picked them up later; there was total chaos in the photo gallery all day.  And they need more kiosks !!

We never had a problem and always purchase the all in- done it about 24 times.  If the picks weren't on the kiosk we found them on the wall and they were added.  We only paid $200 for the package before the cruise and got a few hundred pics.  Best bargain on the ship.  We checked the kiosk in the AM nobody else was their- checked the wall at night to see if we were missing anything.

1 hour ago, Water709 said:

No one seemed to want to

use the high mini stools anytime we were in The Retreat, including this morning waiting for the word to disembark:

294FA90B-528B-4F43-A048-AC13BE63EB75.jpeg

And the mini circular chairs were not used by most passengers in the Retreat either.  I don’t think the designers were thinking about comfort or practicality when they chose these:

B27DB87E-06E8-4CD5-80AC-0E6C8EBB3290.jpeg

To me it looks like they are trying to reach the millennials with their new designs. 

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

We never had a problem and always purchase the all in- done it about 24 times.  If the picks weren't on the kiosk we found them on the wall and they were added.  We only paid $200 for the package before the cruise and got a few hundred pics.  Best bargain on the ship.  We checked the kiosk in the AM nobody else was their- checked the wall at night to see if we were missing anything.

This is the first time we have ever had a problem with the photo package or prints.  Typically they are all good, and we find the prints on a daily basis with no problem.  I am noting it because it was unusual and a bit frustrating.  We paid before sailing, for the "digital" package which was $249, meaning just photos in digital form emailed to us after the cruise.  But when we got on the ship, a photographer talked us into adding the physical prints for an additional $49.95.  I regret spending that money, as we did not get all our prints, and I would rather have not had to waste the time sorting through hundreds of photos at the end of the cruise.  I had asked earlier in the week where the photos from sail away, etc. were,, as I checked every day.  They kept telling us they "had not had time to print out the ones yet" from earlier in the week.  I've never seen this problem on any X cruise we've ever taken.  I don't know if this photo crew was new or what.  I wasn't the only one trying to sort through hundreds of photos to find their missing ones as well.  They were equally annoyed and frustrated with this and had never seen it before.

Edited by Water709

On 7/13/2019 at 1:50 PM, jmb4534 said:

We're booked in cabin # 7175 (2A) with a slightly larger balcony for our 2020 Bermuda cruise. One of the things we most enjoy about cruising is sitting on our balcony and reading (or daydreaming) while at sea. Am I correct in understanding that now there are no loungers on balconies no matter the size of the balcony? This may be a deal breaker! 

I did not see all the balconies on the ship, but the ones I could see (since our balcony stuck out further than most of the others) all had similar furniture to ours, and no loungers.  It's possible that higher level suites have them, but I don't know.  The butler told us when we left today that he is going to leave the lounger that we requested on the balcony for the next passengers.  He thought it was a great idea!  Maybe if everyone asks for one, X will get the hint.

• Like 3

I did not see all the balconies on the ship, but the ones I could see (since our balcony stuck out further than most of the others) all had similar furniture to ours, and no loungers.  It's possible that higher level suites have them, but I don't know.  The butler told us when we left today that he is going to leave the lounger that we requested on the balcony for the next passengers.  He thought it was a great idea!  Maybe if everyone asks for one, X will get the hint.

Thanks for the reply and for all your great contributions re: The Summit.

Our cruise is May 2020, so maybe they will get the hint by then. I also looked online for inflatable loungers. Some weigh less than 2# and are around the $20 price point. I guess I could leave 1 pr of shoes out the suitcase!

4 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

To me it looks like they are trying to reach the millennials with their new designs. 

I'm not convinced they are targeting 23 to 38 year old's (millennials). I don't think they'll be too many in that age bracket who can afford the suite life. As for those who can, I'm not sure many would choose Celebrity due to the entertainment. They do exist onboard of course, but not in any significant numbers and certainly not many in suite class. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mynki said:

I'm not convinced they are targeting 23 to 38 year old's (millennials). I don't think they'll be too many in that age bracket who can afford the suite life. As for those who can, I'm not sure many would choose Celebrity due to the entertainment. They do exist onboard of course, but not in any significant numbers and certainly not many in suite class. 

I agree not many millennials can afford the suite life, nor would Celebrity be their first choice, they just looked like their style to me. I could be way off here.  

6 hours ago, Water709 said:

And the mini circular chairs were not used by most passengers in the Retreat either.  I don’t think the designers were thinking about comfort or practicality when they chose these:

B27DB87E-06E8-4CD5-80AC-0E6C8EBB3290.jpeg

On the last cruise Rihannon told me that they were slowly trying to get rid of those chairs and only had six left. When I walked into a restroom a couple of days later I saw that two of them had been placed in there. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I work for a CPA.  You'd be surprised how many 23 to 38 year olds can afford it.  Some are making ridiculous amounts of money.  We have one client that makes $150k a year teaching people how to put on make up on YouTube.  Another makes over $1M a year putting together those annoying "lists" that try to get you to click through.  I kid you not. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mynki said:

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

I agree not many millennials can afford the suite life, nor would Celebrity be their first choice, they just looked like their style to me. I could be way off here.  

I work for a CPA.  You'd be surprised how many 23 to 38 year olds can afford it.  Some are making ridiculous amounts of money.  We have one client that makes $150k a year teaching people how to put on make up on YouTube.  Another makes over $1M a year putting together those annoying "lists" that try to get you to click through.  I kid you not. 

3 hours ago, djh said:

On the last cruise Rihannon told me that they were slowly trying to get rid of those chairs and only had six left. When I walked into a restroom a couple of days later I saw that two of them had been placed in there. 

Like the people in the restrooms could fit in them?  They need to get real and just ship them all to Ms. Hoppen.

• Like 1